BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Eichel to Vegas. Luke Tuch's brother goes from Sin City to Sunless City. (That's gotta suck.). Jack to get his surgery which means no Olympic Team.
    The traditional anterior cervical discectomy with fusion (ACDF) surgery which Buffalo strongly pushed for would have resulted in a 6+ month recovery. The artificial disc replacement surgery that Eichel wants (and presumably Vegas has OKed) has a much shorter recovery time. Found this excerpt from an article earlier this year in The Buffalo News:

"(Doctor) said the ACDF surgery would have a three-month checkup and likely keep Eichel out of action for six months, and perhaps longer. The disk replacement would have Eichel on the ice training in six weeks and perhaps competing in practice in as few as eight weeks. In addition, the doctor said the fusion would carry a 25% chance of the need for more surgery after 10 years and future surgeries later in life."

Comment

• The transfer portal has changed the college hockey and it is not for the better. I guess the have nots like it but it turns the game more towards minor league hockey and basically this is just the beginning. College coaches are being turned into GM's. Really too bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        Eichel to Vegas. Luke Tuch's brother goes from Sin City to Sunless City. (That's gotta suck.). Jack to get his surgery which means no Olympic Team.
        Yeah that was one of my first thoughts when I saw the trade, boy did Alex get the short end of the stick there. Not just from Vegas to Buffalo, but from a contender to...not so much.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post

Yeah that was one of my first thoughts when I saw the trade, boy did Alex get the short end of the stick there. Not just from Vegas to Buffalo, but from a contender to...not so much.
          At least he's from upstate NY.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• I paid $30 to watch these games against NMU this weekend. I can’t believe how badly this team plays. I think Commesso’s save % was 0.250 in that period. This was a chance to go on the road and try to get a fresh start and bond as a team. We’ll see if they can make some kind of game of this.

Penalty calls in this game are a joke. Phantom calls one after the other.

Comment

• Fire the coach.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                Fire the coach.
                Ahhh, yeah.

Comment

• Good second period. Hey - it’s a start.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                    Good second period. Hey - it’s a start.
                    A start towards what? There's nothing to hope for with this program until a coaching change is made. The faster that transition happens, the better for all involved. It's to the point where it's better if they lose.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

A start towards what? There's nothing to hope for with this program until a coaching change is made. The faster that transition happens, the better for all involved. It's to the point where it's better if they lose.
                      Unfortunate but true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post

Unfortunate but true.
                        Just trying to remain a bit positive. I’m as disappointed and frustrated as everyone else. The last 2 periods of the game were better periods. We need 3 of those to win these days. Needed to finish just a couple of more plays at the net to win the game. Awful defensive 1st period doomed us in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post

Just trying to remain a bit positive. I’m as disappointed and frustrated as everyone else. The last 2 periods of the game were better periods. We need 3 of those to win these days. Needed to finish just a couple of more plays at the net to win the game. Awful defensive 1st period doomed us in the end.
                          That's fair, we're all kind of conditioned to hope for the best for them each time they play.

My thoughts come from the perspective that it's not possible for Albie to coach this team and program to success under any circumstances. I don't mean good performances here and there, instead on a consistent season-to-season basis. I don't believe that's a possibility. Thus, the need to move on and do so as soon as possible.

The more the team has a good performance here or there, the more it gives BU cover to continue as is.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Already looking forward to next season (with potential new coach). It’s just depressing watching this team play. Still have yet to play a ranked opponent. Just fire Albie already.

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
                              Already looking forward to next season (with potential new coach). It’s just depressing watching this team play. Still have yet to play a ranked opponent. Just fire Albie already.
                              Agreed... however, when have you ever seen a coaching change mid season in college hockey, to a coach under contract. It rarely happens, if ever. Then there is the mess of rebuilding under a new coach and new system, which takes years. I am sorry but the team isn't that talented..some over rated names of kids with some pedigree hockey roots. Yup, we will just have to suck it up this season and hope that the current administration sacks him gracefully this off season.

Comment

• Previously I was thinking that the winter break would be the time to can Albie. First day back after New Years, inform him nicely that he's out of a job. This is possible since the next head coach is already in place.

At this rate though I'm now wondering if he lasts until Thanksgiving! Lose tonight and it's back to back sweeps going into the UMass game. Does Albie even think he's the right coach for this job anymore?
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X