This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike799 View Post

Again, the coaching hasnt been good at all, but when people complain about the downward trend of the program, don’t forget to include BU administration.
    Yes I blame the administration too. For not firing him already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike799 View Post

These players are playing like they know he’s a lame duck coach and thats admins fault. The administration has not helped him at all. It wouldn’t have bankrupt the school to extend him through next year during last offseason for some security. He had to deal with more over top protocols last season than any coach in the country, not to mention they took away his rink for the year.

Again, the coaching hasnt been good at all, but when people complain about the downward trend of the program, don’t forget to include BU administration.

It might actually be a good thing if the players think/know he is a lame duck coach. That would increase the chances of them staying and recruits still coming.

I hope Boucher stays long enough for his skill set to really show through. He is already getting the Mike Grier treatment for hard clean hits, IMHO. Between his dad's tweet and the look of exasperation on his face after these calls (I was at ice level last night), I'm worried he isn't going to stick around very long. His skill set is very high, and once he gets a few more games in, adjusts to the speed and strength of the opponent, I think he will really blossom.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

It might actually be a good thing if the players think/know he is a lame duck coach. That would increase the chances of them staying and recruits still coming.

I hope Boucher stays long enough for his skill set to really show through. He is already getting the Mike Grier treatment for hard clean hits, IMHO. Between his dad's tweet and the look of exasperation on his face after these calls (I was at ice level last night), I'm worried he isn't going to stick around very long. His skill set is very high, and once he gets a few more games in, adjusts to the speed and strength of the opponent, I think he will really blossom.
        https://twitter.com/BrianBoucher33/s...6ukVCRIzQ&s=19

I love this. I wish more influential people in the game did the same thing as this. Sorta like how college football has a problem with "targeting" and disqualifying players for borderline almost normal football hits. I understand player safety but things have gone too far.

Comment

• Regarding the admin, I'm also looking for signs of how much interest they still have in the program. I think if they completely didn't care they'd just extend Albie and as long as there were no off ice incidents that would be it. He's young and must be working cheaper than the established coaches in Hockey East.

Hiring Pando is a good sign. But what I'm looking for now is how long is Albie allowed to stay? If he gets dismissed over the winter break then the admin is really engaged. I too think the pandemic bought Albie some time on a short leash. Time's up for him so really rooting for a change going into January.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• In terms of the administration, I hope someone looks at how this program has been overseen. From the hiring of O’Connell (very quickly after Quinn left) to the sudden departure of Pearl to Quesnelle’s retracted departure, the last few years have not been so smooth. Who is making the decisions and who oversees those decisions? They’re not always leaving the impression of a well-oiled machine.

Comment

• If Pandolfo actually was brought in as a fall-back to Albie, then BU might as well make him the interim head coach right now. See what he has got. Can he turn it around? And if he can't, you've learned that first-hand and you can move on to someone else next year. And if he does turn it around, hand him the job permanently.

Right now, BU is just spinning its wheels -- at best.

Albie said that BU should be the best team in Hockey East this year. Albie said that. So there can be no other excuses.

Comment

• I was looking for Albie’s postgame comments from Saturday but I see he was unavailable according to DFP blog. If that isn’t telling, I don’t know what is. This is not good.

Northern Michigan this weekend - I really wanted to be there, but my schedule will not let me be there. I was at the 91 Championship Game (my first in person FF game) and that uniform and colors are permanently ingrained into my brain. I’ll always have a grudge against that team. One of the greatest ever finals, however. Maybe we’ll have a miracle weekend. Have to have at least 1 to get back on some sort of positive vibe.

Comment

• 3-12 on the bus ride back from nyc
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

https://twitter.com/BrianBoucher33/s...6ukVCRIzQ&s=19

I love this. I wish more influential people in the game did the same thing as this. Sorta like how college football has a problem with "targeting" and disqualifying players for borderline almost normal football hits. I understand player safety but things have gone too far.
                    Honest question coming from a Lowell fan. I'm confused by this Tweet from Boucher. Unless I'm missing something, there were a total of 13 penalties called the entire weekend between Lowell/BU. So what's his tweet about 12/13 per game have to do with?
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Honest question coming from a Lowell fan. I'm confused by this Tweet from Boucher. Unless I'm missing something, there were a total of 13 penalties called the entire weekend between Lowell/BU. So what's his tweet about 12/13 per game have to do with?
                      I was at the Friday game and there weren't many penalties called. More on Lowell actually. *shrug*
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• That tweet is dated 10/23, so I assume it was in reference to the 8-6 BU win over Merrimack.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          I also saw that tweet and had the same reaction. Looking at box scores from that weekend, most games had less then 10 penalties. Some as few as three or four. Same pattern other weekends.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                            That tweet is dated 10/23, so I assume it was in reference to the 8-6 BU win over Merrimack.
                            Ya that has to be it. BU had 9 penalties that game and two on his son.

Comment

• Strange season so far for Hockey East. Besides Providence (picked to finish fifth in the pre-season poll), has any Hockey East team looked like it'll be much of a threat to contend for the Frozen Four?

One of the headlines that caught my attention today is "BU struggling with consistency". Before the season started, I wondered whether BU's goalie (Drew Commesso) might give them a serious chance to contend with BC and UMass for the Hockey East championship, and I saw that they were picked to finish second in the pre-season poll.

When I saw the "BU struggling with consistency" headline, I checked the BU Athletics website and discovered that BU might've been skating short handed for most of the season. Checking their individual stats, they show number of games played by Ty Amonte (2), Matt Brown (5), Logan Cockerill (6), Jay O’Brien (2) and Luke Tuch (3). Before the season started, wouldn't they have been considered among BU’s top forwards? If so, then what’s being called BU’s “struggling with consistency” on the front page of this website today may be entirely due to “lack of availability” of several of their top players.

Comment

• Originally posted by chatster View Post
                                Strange season so far for Hockey East. Besides Providence (picked to finish fifth in the pre-season poll), has any Hockey East team looked like it'll be much of a threat to contend for the Frozen Four?

One of the headlines that caught my attention today is "BU struggling with consistency". Before the season started, I wondered whether BU's goalie (Drew Commesso) might give them a serious chance to contend with BC and UMass for the Hockey East championship, and I saw that they were picked to finish second in the pre-season poll.

When I saw the "BU struggling with consistency" headline, I checked the BU Athletics website and discovered that BU might've been skating short handed for most of the season. Checking their individual stats, they show number of games played by Ty Amonte (2), Matt Brown (5), Logan Cockerill (6), Jay O’Brien (2) and Luke Tuch (3). Before the season started, wouldn't they have been considered among BU’s top forwards? If so, then what’s being called BU’s “struggling with consistency” on the front page of this website today may be entirely due to “lack of availability” of several of their top players.

You are 100% accurate. BU is struggling to score and that is because they are missing their best offensive players. Essentially, they are missing their entire top line and most of their 2nd line. Defense and goaltending isnt the problem - its putting the puck in the net. They need to get healthy before anyone can determine what this team is capable of. Hockey East parity is at an all time high - if you take any teams top 2 lines off the ice they aren't winning any games either.

Comment

Working...
                                X