Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid post bu98. You nailed the anger and frustration we're all feeling right now.

Their entire offensive repertoire is skate hard down the left wing, shoot the puck at the goalie and hope for a rebound. Or, in the case of Fensore, skate around the net every third time and pass the puck into the skates of a defender. And don't even get me started on the drop passes. One led to a Lowell goal (Ty Amonte was the transgressor) and another blew-up a 3 on 2 with an off-sides.

This team has a very low hockey IQ. They have no ice vision and they do a lousy job of collecting passes and maintaining stick possession. I'm with you defkit, it's time to try some dump and suck. It couldn't be any worse.

Oh, and Vinny needs to get some starts in net. Kid was nails last year.

And finally, I'm going to ***** about another sloppy BU production. (RE: The Travis Roy Ceremony) The sound system in Agganis sucks (not the production department's fault, but worth mentioning.). Making it difficult to hear video content. Then they announce the Lowell team right after the standing O for Travis' parents!? Awkward. And then Jack Parker goes to the bench for a photo op and nobody announces him!? What are we doing here! Be better.

And finally, finally, they may not have taken many penalties last night, but as mentioned below, that too many men on the ice penalty on the PP was baaaaaad.

BU Hockey: Leader Needed. Inquire Within
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Putting Albie's stunning incompetence aside for a moment, I really admire how Lowell plays. A big team playing a heavy game, but they were still tracking down BU forwards from behind and knocking them off the puck all night. They're also patient as all hell and really pick their spots. Can't recall too many times their D was caught crashing the net and giving up an odd man rush. Crisp passing as well. Year in and year out they're always solid.

Won't rehash too much of the BU related commentary because it looks like all of us were seeing the same thing. I will point out one thing however. In the past few weeks I've been saying that nobody, not even Albie himself, benefits from him coaching one more game. He needs to stop being a head coach and rebuild his reputation as an assistant somewhere. But now I think we're at the point where he's damaging the program. It has to have a negative effect on player development when the coach is clueless. This is going to waste an entire year and some might not stick around for this s hitshow. Even worse it's killing fan enthusiasm. It was a fun and rowdy crowd at opening night, but after repeated losses the place was a ghost town yesterday on Travis Roy night of all nights. This needs to change immediately.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Was there some particular event or promotion that caused attendance for the Merrimack game to balloon to over 5K? 2K more than any other game this season.
        Go BU!

Comment

• It was Friends and Family Weekend at BU. Or something like that.

Watching the game at UML. Decided not to make the drive after all. The UML announcers were flummoxed as to how poor BU was on the breakout. Same UML announcers. Same.

Comment

• No tuch, brown, cockerill, amonte, obrien….batten the hatches.

Comment

• Can our goalies score?

Comment

• Enough is enough. This team plays as if they have no coaching, and met for the first time minutes before the game.

The program has become a clown show.

Jack Kelley, Jack Parker, David Quinn........ Albie.

Let Pandolfo, Quesnelle and Friedman take it from here. Albie should be gone.
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  Enough is enough. This team plays as if they have no coaching, and met for the first time minutes before the game.

The program has become a clown show.

Jack Kelley, Jack Parker, David Quinn........ Albie.

Let Pandolfo, Quesnelle and Friedman take it from here. Albie should be gone.
                  Agreed. Program needs a culture change and fast. Hand the keys to pandolfo now. Only positive is obrien/amonte/cockerill/tuch/brown should be back and they are the top 5 offense players…..

Comment

• at least we scored tonight
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      at least we scored tonight
                      This is getting ridiculous. We should not be reduced to team defined by “at least we scored tonight” . I’ve been watching and supporting BU hockey for 32 years now since my first game in 89 when we knocked off #1 Michigan State at WBA. We generally have had our pick of recruits and “top tier” recruiting classes over the years. I was excited to see this team - it looked like a good mix of young talent and older, stronger, and experienced players - something we’ve all been waiting for in this new era of college hockey. So far it’s a bust. A 3-5 record with the schedule we had to start is entirely unacceptable for the program, players, coaches, alumni and fans. I don’t even want to watch the games anymore - I have never felt this way before. I know sometimes there can be rebuilding type years. Actually we used to say BU doesn’t rebuild - it reloads. This should not remotely be a rebuilding type year. I like Albie as a person and appreciate what he has done as a former player, assistant and what he has tried to do as head coach. It’s not working right now and it hasn’t during most of his tenure - we need leadership from the AD to make some changes. Contract is up when?

Comment

• Isn't his contract up after this year? That has to be weighing on him. In college hockey it's highly unlikely he gets canned during the season though. But ultimately if you want to hand it over to Pandolfo it's probably better to do it right now.

Comment

• I've been told his contract is indeed up after this year. I also believe BU will let him coach out the year so they don't have to pay a buyout. They're cheap.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Couldn’t BU just fire him and pay for the rest of the season which fulfills his contract?

Comment

• With his contract expiring wouldn't the buyout just be whatever he is owed for salary the rest of the way? Pandolfo could finish the season under his current deal i would think. But either way, most likely not happening.

While I know there was a lot of optimism this season it's easy to forget last year's record had a fool's gold element to it. At least if you're big on analytics.

Comment

• [QUOTE=brassbonanza;n3690678]I've been told his contract is indeed up after this year. I also believe BU will let him coach out the year so they don't have to pay a buyout. They're cheap.

Coaching has certainly been a problem with the program but people should also make sure to put administration high on the list of screwups.

These players are playing like they know he’s a lame duck coach and thats admins fault. The administration has not helped him at all. It wouldn’t have bankrupt the school to extend him through next year during last offseason for some security. He had to deal with more over top protocols last season than any coach in the country, not to mention they took away his rink for the year.

Again, the coaching hasnt been good at all, but when people complain about the downward trend of the program, don’t forget to include BU administration.

Comment

Working...
                                X