No announcement yet.

BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another variable not yet mentioned is the ice surface last night - it was HORRIBLE. Looked like both teams were playing on a slushie. It was 70 degrees all day and the ice making facilities there are mostly the same as when the place was built in the '70s, so it was a disaster. Most of the post-whistle scrums were not the result of cheap shots but players who just couldn't stop. The refs fell down at least 4 times, the puck bounced in some spots and died in others. Both teams had major issues with this and was a key factor in why neither could ever really set up an offense.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      I get to watch hockey tonight! In person!! Center ice. It’s good to be alive. Go BU!

Thanks for the laugh Mookie.

BU Hockey: Work In Progress
      This times eleventy million!

Comment

• Attendance over/under? 3250?

Comment

• Under 3250 in my opinion. Going to shortly be one less if they keep playing as poorly as they are in this period.

Comment

• That was unpleasant.

Comment

• That was terrible. It was cool to be back in Agganis, but it felt like a game from 19-20. 3 goals in 2 games isnt good. With all this "pace" BU supposedly plays with, couldn't find that anywhere. All the skilled/drafted players don't seem to play to their potential. We left commesso out to dry numerous times. There were zero bright spots tonight. I can't picture this team scoring many goals this season.

Comment

• Agree it was awful. But I thought Fensore was the best player on the ice both nights. Everyone else looked like they were counting down the days until they could turn pro.
                Go BU!

Comment

• Also, pretty sure I was served a hot dog left over from that March, 2020 BC game. Worst food ever. Never spending another penny on food at Agganis.
                  Go BU!

Comment

• Well … It was a good night for the fire Albie crowd.

woof

It was great to be back in the building watching hockey.

Fensore was indeed the best Terrier on the ice. The 11th star of the game.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• oh no, we stink again!!!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                        Agree it was awful. But I thought Fensore was the best player on the ice both nights. Everyone else looked like they were counting down the days until they could turn pro.
                        Counting down the days they go to the ECHL.

Comment

• Awful game, but who is actually surprised? Way too many mistakes and odd man rushes on defense, and precious few scoring chances on offense. Team came out flat and actually got worse as the game went on. Question: if Albie can't gameplan, motivate, or make in game adjustments, WHAT THE F IS HE DOING HERE?!? If nobody thinks he's the answer, do we really need an entire year of this?
                          Last edited by Rover; 10-10-2021, 09:58 AM.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            oh no, we stink again!!!
                            I knew this post was coming!! :-)
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Awful game, but who is actually surprised? Way too many mistakes and odd man rushes on defense, and precious few scoring chances on offense. Team came out flat and actually got worse as the game went on. Question: if Albie can't gameplan, motivate, or make in game adjustments, WHAT THE F IS HE DOING HERE?!? If nobody thinks he's the answer, do we really need an entire year of this?
                              Agreed - Covid was his stay of execution. Now, we have to waste another season. Sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                Another variable not yet mentioned is the ice surface last night - it was HORRIBLE. Looked like both teams were playing on a slushie. It was 70 degrees all day and the ice making facilities there are mostly the same as when the place was built in the '70s, so it was a disaster. Most of the post-whistle scrums were not the result of cheap shots but players who just couldn't stop. The refs fell down at least 4 times, the puck bounced in some spots and died in others. Both teams had major issues with this and was a key factor in why neither could ever really set up an offense.
                                God, I wish bad ice would be the cause of our bad offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X