Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm surprised BU has not announced either a proof of vaccine or negative test in the past 72 hours for admission a la TD Garden, BC and others.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      I'm surprised BU has not announced either a proof of vaccine or negative test in the past 72 hours for admission a la TD Garden, BC and others.
      Agreed.

I'll be at WBA to watch some hockey Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing the game live again.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post

Click on "STH Resources" and on the Season Ticket Holder Resources page, there's a specific link that directs you to the page to request tickets / select your seats for the WBA game. And yes, it's free - limit is the # of season tix you have.
        Maybe I snuck one by, but I have one season ticket and was able to order two tickets for Saturday.
        Go BU!

Comment

• Anyone know if for games if the box office will be open on game day I haven’t had season tickets for years because it’s so easy to get tickets on game days to avoid the Ticketmaster fees

National
          Organization of
          Men
          Against
          Amazonian
          Masterhood

Comment

• I caught most of the game on the stream. I was encouraged by strong play from Phillips (looks stronger), Webber (more confident), Stevens (shades of the start of his freshman year), as well as most of the freshmen. Mastro looked great, but we've seen those flashes before - we need him to bring that intensity game in and game out. If he does, he could be a very impactful player. Obviously need to cut down on the penalties. I was also a little surprised that Vinny D. didn't get in the game for the third period.

Looking forward to catching both games against UConn.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Seemed like a tough game to get any rhythm, with all the penalties taken. I didn't think they looked bad 5 on 5 but i don't think they looked great. Going to be interesting to see who is out of the lineup once Ty Amonte, Peterson, and Zabaneh return. I thought stevens played well and so did Carrabes for the fourth line.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                I caught most of the game on the stream. I was encouraged by strong play from Phillips (looks stronger), Webber (more confident), Stevens (shades of the start of his freshman year), as well as most of the freshmen. Mastro looked great, but we've seen those flashes before - we need him to bring that intensity game in and game out. If he does, he could be a very impactful player. Obviously need to cut down on the penalties. I was also a little surprised that Vinny D. didn't get in the game for the third period.

Looking forward to catching both games against UConn.
                A few observations:
                -HC didn’t offer much of a forecheck, so we’ll have to see next weekend how well BU gets out of the d-zone.
                -Penalty killing was excellent, limiting HC to two shots in 7 tries and connecting on Stevens’ slick SHG.
                -The power play, despite producing two goals on sharp passing, needs work, especially getting pucks deep. O’Brien seemed tentative playing the point.
                -On D, Webber’s improved play was quite evident and Gallagher played controlled and confident. Nice play on his goal to settle a bouncing puck and not rush the shot. Doyle, who looked sharp in the scrimmage, fumbled a few pucks.
                -Beyond his nine shots, Mastro was a fore-checking force throughout. And moving Brown, a LW at Lowell, to center appears to be a positive move: good in the face off circle, strong passes and puck control, and he plays gritty.

Play of the game (other than the five BU goals) was Kaufman’s WWE-quality response to a Crusader’s choke hold.
                https://twitter.com/itislogical/stat...639862281?s=20
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

A few observations:
                  -HC didn’t offer much of a forecheck, so we’ll have to see next weekend how well BU gets out of the d-zone.
                  -Penalty killing was excellent, limiting HC to two shots in 7 tries and connecting on Stevens’ slick SHG.
                  -The power play, despite producing two goals on sharp passing, needs work, especially getting pucks deep. O’Brien seemed tentative playing the point.
                  -On D, Webber’s improved play was quite evident and Gallagher played controlled and confident. Nice play on his goal to settle a bouncing puck and not rush the shot. Doyle, who looked sharp in the scrimmage, fumbled a few pucks.
                  -Beyond his nine shots, Mastro was a fore-checking force throughout. And moving Brown, a LW at Lowell, to center appears to be a positive move: good in the face off circle, strong passes and puck control, and he plays gritty.

Play of the game (other than the five BU goals) was Kaufman’s WWE-quality response to a Crusader’s choke hold.
                  https://twitter.com/itislogical/stat...639862281?s=20
                  Kaufman might have made the play of the year! Lol to the linesman coming in to break it up and almost getting a close shave!

Comment

• Really chippy game. Pent up aggression? It felt like ice surface wasn't big enough for all the big bodies out there.

They have a decent amount of skill. It will be interesting to see how (if) they come together as a team. I'm with you, defkit, on Mastro. He could be the most skilled and exciting player on this team. I'd love to see him put together a full year of his potential.

Other ramblings.

- It was a joy to sit in the exact seat I sat in during my WBA years. (Section 12, Row K)
                    - Jay Pandolfo looks like he's lost a lot of weight
                    - Nice to see the coaches back in suits
                    - Are are we ever going to see the other 2 uni's again?
                    - Vinny should have played the third
                    - The band is in mid-season form
                    - The WBA boards are live and there were a lot of board shaking hits
                    - Watching hockey in person is so choice. Glad it's back in my life.

BU Hockey: Something to Prove

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Watched it on the stream. Glad to see Bernie and Linehan. And would have liked to see all three goalies play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        - Jay Pandolfo looks like he's lost a lot of weight
                        Ummmmm, what about Albie? He looks like he’s dropped 30-40 pounds. Nice suit, haircut, looks like he’s trying to put forward a more polished, confident appearance.

Dont know who the star of the team will be but looks like there are a number who could step up each night kind of like last season. Tuch, Boucher, and Skoog bring size and hitting combined with other players that have more speed and equal skill. Add plus goaltending which leads me to believe this is an NCAA tourney team. How far they go depends on whether they can play sound hockey with discipline, which the team typically does not do.

I really liked Brown. Remember him making really good passes to generate good scoring opportunities.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbz View Post

Ummmmm, what about Albie? He looks like he’s dropped 30-40 pounds. Nice suit, haircut, looks like he’s trying to put forward a more polished, confident appearance.

Dont know who the star of the team will be but looks like there are a number who could step up each night kind of like last season. Tuch, Boucher, and Skoog bring size and hitting combined with other players that have more speed and equal skill. Add plus goaltending which leads me to believe this is an NCAA tourney team. How far they go depends on whether they can play sound hockey with discipline, which the team typically does not do.

I really liked Brown. Remember him making really good passes to generate good scoring opportunities.
                          Yes, Albie is definitely more svelte these days and Pando is leaner than he was during his playing days.

Agreed that this team's depth will be its strength and that several players have the ability to (and must) step up to become "go-to" players in clutch situations. Will be interesting to see who's in/out of the lineup (especially forwards) in the team's first few games.

Comment

• How did they do on face offs???

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              How did they do on face offs???
                              won 35 of 79 total 44%

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post

won 35 of 79 total 44%
                                Breaking it down, the four centers were a combined 31 of 64: Brown 14 of 27; Skoog 7 of 12; Stevens 5 of 10 and O'Brien 5 of 15. Among others: Mastro 1 of 1, Kaufman 1 of 5, Amonte 0 of 3, Carrabes 1 of 3, Boucher 1 of 2.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X