No announcement yet.

BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are going to a home BU-BC game, and you can pick BU's line-up. It has to be comprised of players you saw in person at BU, and you get their best BU season (i.e. post-BU NHL career means nothing). Who are your 1st and 2nd lines/d-pairs/goalies? Ignore LW/RW/C and LD/RD distinctions. It's a full game, so don't worry about are we up a goal, down a goal, etc. For me:

Tony Amonte
    Chris Drury
    Jack Eichel
    Matt Gilroy
    David Farrance
    Michel Larocque

Shawn McEachern
    Shawn Bates
    Jay Pandolfo
    Tom Poti
    Dante Fabbro
    Jake Oettinger

Some good names left off: John Cullen, Scott Young, Dave Tomlinson, Joe and Dave Sacco, Rich Brennan, Jon Coleman, Chris Kelleher, Rick DiPietro, John Curry, Patrick Harper, Clayton Keller, Trevor Zegras, Joel Farabee, Keith and Brady Tkachuk, and many others.

I've been watching BU hockey for a long time...
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
      You are going to a home BU-BC game, and you can pick BU's line-up. It has to be comprised of players you saw in person at BU, and you get their best BU season (i.e. post-BU NHL career means nothing). Who are your 1st and 2nd lines/d-pairs/goalies? Ignore LW/RW/C and LD/RD distinctions. It's a full game, so don't worry about are we up a goal, down a goal, etc. For me:

Tony Amonte
      Chris Drury
      Jack Eichel
      Matt Gilroy
      David Farrance
      Michel Larocque

Shawn McEachern
      Shawn Bates
      Jay Pandolfo
      Tom Poti
      Dante Fabbro
      Jake Oettinger

Some good names left off: John Cullen, Scott Young, Dave Tomlinson, Joe and Dave Sacco, Rich Brennan, Jon Coleman, Chris Kelleher, Rick DiPietro, John Curry, Patrick Harper, Clayton Keller, Trevor Zegras, Joel Farabee, Keith and Brady Tkachuk, and many others.

Nice list! Off the top of my head, I'd definitely substitute Mike Grier for Shawn Bates.

Comment

• I would have to include John Cullen

also showing I'm probably the oldest here could never omit Bob Marquis (1957-1960)

Comment

• The biggest snub I see here is Colin Wilson not as part of the Others Receiving Votes category, at the very least. A sure candidate for the second team.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            The biggest snub I see here is Colin Wilson not as part of the Others Receiving Votes category, at the very least. A sure candidate for the second team.
            Yeah I was thinking Colin Wilson and Scott Lachance as a couple of likely candidates not mentioned.

Comment

• While these were all great players, for a BU-BC game, I think I'd like to add Peter Marshall onto the list.

Comment

• I'd flip Poti and Farrance. There were times when Poti was dominant. And I'd give Grizz and Warsofsky honorable mention consideration.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Yeah I was thinking Colin Wilson and Scott Lachance as a couple of likely candidates not mentioned.
                  I definitely meant to add Wilson in the list of names left off. I actually thought of him while putting the actual teams together, and then decided afterwards to add the additional names and forgot about him.

Scott Lachance had a nice year at BU, definitely played very well for a freshman, but I wouldn't put his season among the greats over the past 30+ years.

Bates vs. Grier is a good debate. Completely different styles. And both fun to watch for different reasons. When Bates was on his game, it was a real treat.

Comment

You are going to a home BU-BC game, and you can pick BU's line-up. It has to be comprised of players you saw in person at BU, and you get their best BU season (i.e. post-BU NHL career means nothing). Who are your 1st and 2nd lines/d-pairs/goalies? Ignore LW/RW/C and LD/RD distinctions. It's a full game, so don't worry about are we up a goal, down a goal, etc. For me:

Tony Amonte
                    Chris Drury
                    Jack Eichel
                    Matt Gilroy
                    David Farrance
                    Michel Larocque

Shawn McEachern
                    Shawn Bates
                    Jay Pandolfo
                    Tom Poti
                    Dante Fabbro
                    Jake Oettinger

If using “best season,” I think you need to add Chris O’Sullivan to the honorable mention list. In 94-95,’ he was superb.
                    Last edited by Section 6, Row S; 09-13-2021, 10:07 PM.

Comment

You are going to a home BU-BC game, and you can pick BU's line-up. It has to be comprised of players you saw in person at BU, and you get their best BU season (i.e. post-BU NHL career means nothing). Who are your 1st and 2nd lines/d-pairs/goalies? Ignore LW/RW/C and LD/RD distinctions. It's a full game, so don't worry about are we up a goal, down a goal, etc.
                      I used my database to see which players did the best vs BC since I started following BU in 1985 and here are the players I would have on my team:

Jacques Joubert (11-12-23 in 13 games, 7ppg, 1shg, 2gwg)
                      Steve Thornton (10-9-19 in 16 games, 3ppg, 3gwg)
                      Chris Drury (14-3-17 in 15 games, 3ppg, 2gwg)
                      Jon Coleman (5-13-18 in 15 games, 3ppg, 2 gwg)
                      David Warofsky (5-5-10 in 12 games, 4ppg, 1shg)
                      Rick DiPietro (1.95gaa, 0.935sv%, 2-0-1)

Mike Prendergast (10-8-18 in 14 games, 6ppg, 1shg, 2gwg)
                      Mike Pomichter (10-5-15 in 12 games, 3ppg)
                      Tony Amonte (7-6-11 in 7 games, 1ppg, 1gwg)
                      Rich Brennan (2-8-10 in 15 games)
                      Garrett Noonan (6-3-9 in 14 games, 3ppg)
                      Jake Oettinger (2.1gaa, 0.933sv%, 5-2-0, 1so)

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        I used my database to see which players did the best vs BC since I started following BU in 1985 and here are the players I would have on my team:

Jacques Joubert (11-12-23 in 13 games, 7ppg, 1shg, 2gwg)
                        Steve Thornton (10-9-19 in 16 games, 3ppg, 3gwg)
                        Chris Drury (14-3-17 in 15 games, 3ppg, 2gwg)
                        Jon Coleman (5-13-18 in 15 games, 3ppg, 2 gwg)
                        David Warofsky (5-5-10 in 12 games, 4ppg, 1shg)
                        Rick DiPietro (1.95gaa, 0.935sv%, 2-0-1)

Mike Prendergast (10-8-18 in 14 games, 6ppg, 1shg, 2gwg)
                        Mike Pomichter (10-5-15 in 12 games, 3ppg)
                        Tony Amonte (7-6-11 in 7 games, 1ppg, 1gwg)
                        Rich Brennan (2-8-10 in 15 games)
                        Garrett Noonan (6-3-9 in 14 games, 3ppg)
                        Jake Oettinger (2.1gaa, 0.933sv%, 5-2-0, 1so)

Sean
                        Well I certainly wasn't thinking of it in terms of who did best against BC - was just trying to hype up the scenario. That said, I don't think it's an accident that half of those guys played during BC's "lean" years of 92-96.

Comment

Well I certainly wasn't thinking of it in terms of who did best against BC - was just trying to hype up the scenario. That said, I don't think it's an accident that half of those guys played during BC's "lean" years of 92-96.
                          Nothing beat some dude holding up a sign down low sec 6 that read something like “0-18-1. What rivalry?”
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            While these were all great players, for a BU-BC game, I think I'd like to add Peter Marshall onto the list.
                            Talent-wise, no, even though he was a very good player. But character-wise, absolutely. If you want to have a winning team, you need a Peter Marshall on it.

Great call, Scarlet.
                            Last edited by Harry Cleverly; 09-20-2021, 11:52 AM. Reason: missing word

Comment

• So it seems we get “season cards” rather than season tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                So it seems we get “season cards” rather than season tickets.
                                Was just coming here to post about this. I got mine as well. Totally get the no paper tickets thing, been doing that all season with my Red Sox tickets. I still do not understand how these will work. Is there an app? Why would you need your phone if you have the card? I don't think the instructions were clear at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X