This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Sorry to offend you, Scarlet. Wear your mask proudly for the rest of time. And I am not some anti science Trump supporter. After a year and a half, vaccinated people should not be asked to put masks back on. That's just how I feel. I would have no problem with implementing proof of vaccination though. Let's do it.
    Is that the recommendation from the BC Medical School?

Comment

• No, Harry. It's called an opinion. I guess being ok with proof of vaccination just isn't enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        No, Harry. It's called an opinion. I guess being ok with proof of vaccination just isn't enough.
        A friend, who attends as many sports events as anyone that I know, is fully vaccinated (two Pfizer shots) and she tested positive this week for the Delta variant. So maybe wearing masks indoors even for those fully vaccinated isn't such a bad idea.

https://www.aol.com/news/why-experts...090023740.html
        Last edited by Harry Cleverly; 08-06-2021, 09:55 AM. Reason: Additional information

Comment

• There was a lot of kvetching on this thread about BU's OOC schedule being the worst ever when the home games were announced. Now that all the schedules have been released or, at least able to be pieced together, I took a look at every Hockey East teams' OOC schedule. I used the 2019-20 final PWR standings to rank each opponent, except for LIU, which I ranked 61. When a team is playing in a tourment with winner and loser brackets I included both possible opponents and here are the average PWRs for the teams' overall and home OOC schedules:
          Overall
          BU 22.4
          PC 25.0
          CT 25.9
          ME 30.4
          MA 32.4
          BC 33.2
          UNH 35.0
          NU 35.7
          UVM 37.6
          UML 38.5
          MC 41.2

Home
          BU 17.5
          PC 27.8
          MA 30.6
          CT 31.3
          BC 31.5
          UVM 35.3
          MC 37.0
          ME 38.0
          UML 42.8
          UNH 45.2
          NU 45.6

So, despite the lack of "name" opponents BU does have a solid OOC schedule.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• I’m assuming by now you’ve seen the news that the Travis Roy Foundation announced plans to wind down. The last annual WIFFLE Ball Tournament takes place this weekend in Vermont. My cousin has been part of one of the teams for man years (and even won it all one year!) and he’s doing his last fundraising effort. I wanted to help him out this one last time and post the link to the site, in case anyone wants to donate one last time.

http://events.travisroyfoundation.or...nal&fr_id=1240

Comment

• BU just got a commit from a defenseman from US program, Kai Janviriya. He's 5'3 via eliteprospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
                BU just got a commit from a defenseman from US program, Kai Janviriya. He's 5'3 via eliteprospects.
                I’m on vacation with my family this week. I was in one of the local gift shops yesterday and saw a kid wearing a Penn State hockey sweatshirt. I made a comment that you don’t see a lot of those sweatshirts and we got talking. Turns out Penn State is one of the schools he is “talking with” along Northeastern, BC, and one other school I can’t remember. I was disappointed when he said he wanted to go to BC. We had a very good conversation and I asked for his name so I could put it as a note in my phone so I could see whatever happened to him. I looked him up later that day and his Elite Prospects page said he was 5’5”. He’s 6’1” which came up in our conversation when I asked. I figured he was at least 6’ because he had at least a couple inches on my 5’10” frame. His name doesn’t matter, my point is obviously that the Elite Prospects height may be dated.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbz View Post

I’m on vacation with my family this week. I was in one of the local gift shops yesterday and saw a kid wearing a Penn State hockey sweatshirt. I made a comment that you don’t see a lot of those sweatshirts and we got talking. Turns out Penn State is one of the schools he is “talking with” along Northeastern, BC, and one other school I can’t remember. I was disappointed when he said he wanted to go to BC. We had a very good conversation and I asked for his name so I could put it as a note in my phone so I could see whatever happened to him. I looked him up later that day and his Elite Prospects page said he was 5’5”. He’s 6’1” which came up in our conversation when I asked. I figured he was at least 6’ because he had at least a couple inches on my 5’10” frame. His name doesn’t matter, my point is obviously that the Elite Prospects height may be dated.
                  Good point. Elite Prospects and Chris Heisenberg's lists are very comprehensive, but frequently out of date when it comes to height and weight. A line-up sheet from the March NTDP evaluation camp has the recently turned 16 Janviriya at 5'6" 137. Hopefully there's a late teen growth spurt like Matt Gilroy had.

Just posted some details and comments about him (along with yesterday's captains announcement) on the blog. One well-placed source tells me Kai, who is from Michigan, chose BU over the Wolverines.
                  https://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/2...nced-ntdp.html
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• I have no idea how these commitments work timing-wise, now that they can't commit until just before the start of their junior year, but getting a couple strong NTDP prospects and beating out a program like Michigan seems like a positive sign (notwithstanding the concerns with too many young freshmen, which as Rogie recently pointed out, won't be a concern with this years class). Whether the change in the coaching staff has anything to do with it, I don't know, but I want to think it helped.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Going to be interesting when seeing Lane Hutson and Kai Janviriya out on the same blue line. Can't think of many teams ever with 2 5'6 defensemen out there (if both stop growing).

Comment

• Sorry, I couldn't help it.

https://twitter.com/Bomber1124/statu...919493633?s=20

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          Laughing through my tears.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            grrrrrrr
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                              There was a lot of kvetching on this thread about BU's OOC schedule being the worst ever when the home games were announced. Now that all the schedules have been released or, at least able to be pieced together, I took a look at every Hockey East teams' OOC schedule. I used the 2019-20 final PWR standings to rank each opponent, except for LIU, which I ranked 61. When a team is playing in a tourment with winner and loser brackets I included both possible opponents and here are the average PWRs for the teams' overall and home OOC schedules:
                              Overall
                              BU 22.4
                              PC 25.0
                              CT 25.9
                              ME 30.4
                              MA 32.4
                              BC 33.2
                              UNH 35.0
                              NU 35.7
                              UVM 37.6
                              UML 38.5
                              MC 41.2

Home
                              BU 17.5
                              PC 27.8
                              MA 30.6
                              CT 31.3
                              BC 31.5
                              UVM 35.3
                              MC 37.0
                              ME 38.0
                              UML 42.8
                              UNH 45.2
                              NU 45.6

So, despite the lack of "name" opponents BU does have a solid OOC schedule.

Sean
                              I may not be the majority, but I don't care much for OOC opponent's PWR. Even if St. Lawrence is the #1 team, I don't want to see them every year. I would be fine with never seeing ECAC teams, frankly, except for local rivalries. I want teams that have national recognition (Umich, UND) or maybe some novelty (ASU/Alaska). Many of the teams that have high PWR have a bunch of 24 yr olds who are never going to be next level talent. I understand that there is a PWR component to getting into the dance. I also need something interesting at times on a dreary Friday evening in January to deal with the traffic (or to convince my better half that there is something compelling about the game). That is unless we have another Amonte Sr., Eichel, McAvoy, Keller, Grier in the mix. Then we could play one of the mite intermission teams, and I would show. I'm sure there are others, but those are the players that stick out in my mind as both talented and possessed a unique element to their game that compelled fans and me to come to the game.
                              "What about my asthma?"
                              "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

• Originally posted by SpauldingSmails View Post

I may not be the majority, but I don't care much for OOC opponent's PWR. Even if St. Lawrence is the #1 team, I don't want to see them every year. I would be fine with never seeing ECAC teams, frankly, except for local rivalries. I want teams that have national recognition (Umich, UND) or maybe some novelty (ASU/Alaska). Many of the teams that have high PWR have a bunch of 24 yr olds who are never going to be next level talent. I understand that there is a PWR component to getting into the dance. I also need something interesting at times on a dreary Friday evening in January to deal with the traffic (or to convince my better half that there is something compelling about the game). That is unless we have another Amonte Sr., Eichel, McAvoy, Keller, Grier in the mix. Then we could play one of the mite intermission teams, and I would show. I'm sure there are others, but those are the players that stick out in my mind as both talented and possessed a unique element to their game that compelled fans and me to come to the game.
                                I get what you are saying, but the reality is we are not going to get UND, Michigan or Denver here every year. Those trips cost a lot and each of those teams has their own scheduling challenges to deal with as well.

Over time, I think BU has done a good job on the schedule blending a mix of national recognition, high PWR and novelty in.

Comment

Working...
                                X