Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They've already made that determination for the entire season? The madness continues.

Comment

• I have no problem with that request. Nor would I if they require proof of vaccination. If it allows me to see hockey in person, I'm all for it. Would love it if they produced masks with the logo on it and handed them to people as they entered the arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        They've already made that determination for the entire season? The madness continues.
        The email did not say it was for the full season. It said "This fall..." Like a lot of things, such as proof of vaccination for entry, I imagine this is something that will be under ongoing review.

Also, from BU's perspective it's a lot easier to set this expectation now and remove it later than vice versa.
        Last edited by brassbonanza; 08-04-2021, 09:05 AM.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• OK that makes more sense. Does it say if they are starting with attendance restrictions? I am just curious how this will all work because if you require masks but also sell concessions and don't have attendance restrictions...you could then be sitting next to someone and eating/drinking at the same time etc.

Comment

OK that makes more sense. Does it say if they are starting with attendance restrictions? I am just curious how this will all work because if you require masks but also sell concessions and don't have attendance restrictions...you could then be sitting next to someone and eating/drinking at the same time etc.
            My understanding is that Agganis will operate at full capacity for the 2021-22 season. Given BU's average home attendance in the 2019-20 season, chances are Agganis will likely see ~50% capacity in reality for many games.

Agree 110% with Scarlet and brassbonanza. I think it'd be a no-brainer for a BU Hockey face mask promotion @ the 1st home game. I also wouldn't be surprised if the mask policy is adjusted at some point during the season if things trend in the right direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              I have no problem with that request. Nor would I if they require proof of vaccination. If it allows me to see hockey in person, I'm all for it. Would love it if they produced masks with the logo on it and handed them to people as they entered the arena.
              If they produce BU Hockey masks I am getting one sent to me here in New Zealand.
              Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

OK that makes more sense. Does it say if they are starting with attendance restrictions? I am just curious how this will all work because if you require masks but also sell concessions and don't have attendance restrictions...you could then be sitting next to someone and eating/drinking at the same time etc.
                Correct if you are actively eating or drinking you will not need a mask per the email.

Comment

• I don’t really have an issue with the mask guidance. Personally, I’d prefer they simply require proof of vaccination for entry.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Correct if you are actively eating or drinking you will not need a mask per the email.
                    But if you allow full attendance and people are eating/drinking in close proximity...what's the difference? I'm just over the mask game. And who is on mask enforcement patrol during the game? I think proof of vaccination is a better approach although I admit I don't know exactly how that would work.

Comment

But if you allow full attendance and people are eating/drinking in close proximity...what's the difference? I'm just over the mask game. And who is on mask enforcement patrol during the game? I think proof of vaccination is a better approach although I admit I don't know exactly how that would work.
                      Maybe instead of the dance cam, they do a mask cam on the Jumbotron?

I personally think proof of vaccine would be easier too… if New York City can do it, BU should be able to as well.

depending on how the delta variant evolves over the next couple of months, I wouldn’t be surprised if other arenas follow with similar.

Comment

You're over the mask game? Meaning what? It's...not a game.

Maybe instead of the dance cam, they do a mask cam on the Jumbotron?
                        When I first started going to Fenway this season during the minimum capacity and mask required time, they kept showing people a) with no masks and b) standing in big groups. It annoyed me a lot because they were rewarding bad behavior. Now...if they show fans and then add a graphic over them with PUT YOUR MASK ON, then I might be inclined to agree with a Jumbotron cam.

Comment

• Sorry to offend you, Scarlet. Wear your mask proudly for the rest of time. And I am not some anti science Trump supporter. After a year and a half, vaccinated people should not be asked to put masks back on. That's just how I feel. I would have no problem with implementing proof of vaccination though. Let's do it.

Comment

Sorry to offend you, Scarlet. Wear your mask proudly for the rest of time. And I am not some anti science Trump supporter. After a year and a half, vaccinated people should not be asked to put masks back on. That's just how I feel. I would have no problem with implementing proof of vaccination though. Let's do it.
                            I get where you're coming from. IMO mask mandates is a stop-gap measure, whereas vaccination (and vaccine mandates) is the way out of this.

Honestly I prefer showing proof of vaccination in lieu of a mask requirement, but will gladly comply with a mask requirement if it means I can attend games without any other restrictions.

I think another reason for the mask requirement @ Agganis is because children under age 12 will very likely still be ineligible for vaccines once the season starts. At some point after the under-12 population can get vaccinated, I think it's very feasible that BU will modify its mask policy.

Comment

Sorry to offend you, Scarlet. Wear your mask proudly for the rest of time. And I am not some anti science Trump supporter. After a year and a half, vaccinated people should not be asked to put masks back on. That's just how I feel. I would have no problem with implementing proof of vaccination though. Let's do it.
                              You didn't offend me. To call it a game just seemed a bit flip. I hate that we have to start wearing them again, too, but it's one way out of this so I'll do it till I don't have to. I'm wondering if proof of vaccination is coming. It's already been announced that students have to prove it to come back to campus so making it an rule for entry into a University-owned facility should be a no-brainer.

Comment

• Full roster now posted and five freshmen introduced on Twitter. Is 30 the largest roster ever? 3 goalies, 9 defensemen, 17 forwards, 1 F/D. Two 5th years (Cockerill, Campolieto), 1 grad student (Kaufman) and 1 senior (Ty Amonte). Brown is officially a junior.

https://goterriers.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X