This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    A big thing keeping guys around back then was the Olympic team. Shawn and Keith wouldn’t have stayed if they weren’t dead set on playing for team USA in 92.
    I actually feel like Keith would have played a second season if he didn't make the team. I remember being pretty surprised when he made the team. Yes, he had a nice freshman season, but playing mostly with McEachern and Amonte, and being a "big" player, it just seemed like he wasn't ready. So I was pretty sure he would be back.

The loss of talent between graduating seniors and early departures after that 90-91 season has to be among the most significant of all time, for any school. Thankfully, we had an incredibly deep freshman class the next season, a group that would go on to win it all as Seniors.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Huuuuge pickup for BU. I think he was arguably the best player in the transfer portal this offseason. BU should be a force to be reckoned with this upcoming season.
      I agree it's a big addition. I'm not sure I'm ready to say we will be a force. I think we'll be very good in net. And I think Tuch is going to be a very good forward for us, and it seems Brown too. But after that, there are a lot of "if's". If Mastro becomes the consistent scoring threat he seems like he can be. If Cockerill plays the way he did pre-injury, vs. after he returned. If McCarthy and Vlasic play the way they did in the first half, not the second. If we finally learn how to win face-offs. If our Power Play improves.

I think we have the opportunity to be among the best in the league. But I also think we could slip to the 3-5 range.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

I agree it's a big addition. I'm not sure I'm ready to say we will be a force. I think we'll be very good in net. And I think Tuch is going to be a very good forward for us, and it seems Brown too. But after that, there are a lot of "if's". If Mastro becomes the consistent scoring threat he seems like he can be. If Cockerill plays the way he did pre-injury, vs. after he returned. If McCarthy and Vlasic play the way they did in the first half, not the second. If we finally learn how to win face-offs. If our Power Play improves.

I think we have the opportunity to be among the best in the league. But I also think we could slip to the 3-5 range.
        We just need guys to get better from last season, and throughout the season as well. From 19-20 to 20-21, Vlasic is the only player I felt improved. You can throw Boguslavsky in there as well but our sophomores last year didn't improve as well as I would've liked. We should have a lot of guys capable to produce up front, but will they? O'brien was our leading scorer last year and had a third of his points against Vermont. Basically we're gonna need two really good consistent lines if we want to be good.

Top Returners In Points
        O'brien - 18
        Tuch - 11
        Cockerill - 10
        skoog/mastro/vlasic/fensore/kaufman - 8

Comment

• Oh also, Joe Camplieto is back..... i don't know why. 21-22 roster is out but does not have any freshman on it yet. Has Brown wearing #37. But Camplieto is back for some reason for a 5th year but I dont think he'll be getting much time. Yippee. Lists Phillips as a Jr as well instead of Redshirt-So. 25 players on the roster. Expecting 5 freshman to hit the 30 man cap. IMO all the freshmen, besides Amonte, will be in the lineup, but we'll see.

- Tyler Boucher F
          - Ty Gallagher D
          - Braden Doyle D
          - Brian Carrabes F
          - Tristian Amonte F

https://goterriers.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster

Last edited by hydrant; 07-15-2021, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Meanwhile, in Ann Arbor, MI

"Power, Beniers, Hughes, Johnson, Samoskevich and Duke all projected to be drafted in the 1st round." Holy ****! Imagine if they all come back. This will be the ultimate "Is it talent or experience" argument for college hockey.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Agreed that us being a "force" next year is a pretty big stretch. The best thing would be for us to trade a goalie for a forward, but alas that can't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Meanwhile, in Ann Arbor, MI

"Power, Beniers, Hughes, Johnson, Samoskevich and Duke all projected to be drafted in the 1st round." Holy ****! Imagine if they all come back. This will be the ultimate "Is it talent or experience" argument for college hockey.
                Not really, that's basically what our 2016-17 team was.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post

Agreed that us being a "force" next year is a pretty big stretch.
                  Albie is on the record saying that BU will be the best team in Hockey East next season. We'll see ...

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
                    Oh also, Joe Camplieto is back..... i don't know why. 21-22 roster is out but does not have any freshman on it yet. Has Brown wearing #37. But Camplieto is back for some reason for a 5th year but I dont think he'll be getting much time. Yippee. Lists Phillips as a Jr as well instead of Redshirt-So. 25 players on the roster. Expecting 5 freshman to hit the 30 man cap. IMO all the freshmen, besides Amonte, will be in the lineup, but we'll see.

- Tyler Boucher F
                    - Ty Gallagher D
                    - Braden Doyle D
                    - Brian Carrabes F
                    - Tristian Amonte F

https://goterriers.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster
                    I agree on Campolieto. Really don't see why he is returning. He really struggled at times, and only played because we were desperate. Now with 3 freshmen d coming in (assuming Legault is coming), I don't see him getting time, unless we get hit hard with injuries. Is he good on face-offs? j/k

Comment

I agree on Campolieto. Really don't see why he is returning. He really struggled at times, and only played because we were desperate. Now with 3 freshmen d coming in (assuming Legault is coming), I don't see him getting time, unless we get hit hard with injuries. Is he good on face-offs? j/k
                      His return surprised me, too. Heisenberg now lists Legault as a 2022 recruit, so he'll likely return to Lincoln where he only had a half season last year. Doyle and Gallagher are the only freshman Ds. Jeremy Wilmer is also headed to junior for next season. This was probably in the works for a while since Waterloo selected him 3rd overall in the Phase 2 USHL draft in May. Now he'll arrive in 2022 along with his North Jersey Avalanche line mates, Quinn Hutson and Devin Kaplan.

Back to defense. Believe this has been mentioned before, but perhaps the best use of Fensore is as a hybrid like Bryan Miller in his senior year. He could dress as the 13th forward, then play point on power plays. Please, no PK for him.

Re the five freshman: Amonte is 21, Doyle and Carrabes turn 20 next month, Boucher and Gallagher are 18. And Brown turns 22 next month. So, BU isn't likely to be the youngest team next season.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

His return surprised me, too. Heisenberg now lists Legault as a 2022 recruit, so he'll likely return to Lincoln where he only had a half season last year. Doyle and Gallagher are the only freshman Ds. Jeremy Wilmer is also headed to junior for next season. This was probably in the works for a while since Waterloo selected him 3rd overall in the Phase 2 USHL draft in May. Now he'll arrive in 2022 along with his North Jersey Avalanche line mates, Quinn Hutson and Devin Kaplan.

Back to defense. Believe this has been mentioned before, but perhaps the best use of Fensore is as a hybrid like Bryan Miller in his senior year. He could dress as the 13th forward, then play point on power plays. Please, no PK for him.

Re the five freshman: Amonte is 21, Doyle and Carrabes turn 20 next month, Boucher and Gallagher are 18. And Brown turns 22 next month. So, BU isn't likely to be the youngest team next season.
                        Only having five freshmen could prove to be a good change from recent years. Especially given those ages.

Re: Fensore - I was reminded that he was who was victimized by that last second BC goal at Conte, thanks to the Hockey East Twitter "best goal" voting going on.

Comment

• Brown was not the best player in the portal but definitely a good addition.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Brown was not the best player in the portal but definitely a good addition.
                            So who is better?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

So who is better?
                              Brandon Kruse on BC is a very good player. 100 point player. Ashton Calder on North Dakota is very good as well, over 22 points per season (3). Either way Matt Brown is a very good player, and one of the best transfers, but I wouldn't say the best/most proven. He has 3 years of eligibility left so that could be best case scenario for BU, and hopefully it works out.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rogie21;n3672067]

"Back to defense. Believe this has been mentioned before, but perhaps the best use of Fensore is as a hybrid like Bryan Miller in his senior year. He could dress as the 13th forward, then play point on power plays. Please, no PK for him."

I've also always thought Fensore would make a much better quick little wing than a defender. Maybe even a center, if he can win face offs. He'll never make it to 'the bigs' as a defender - he's just too small.

Comment

Working...
                                X