Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Lots of speculation going on in here.

Ironically the most likely scenario has barely been mentioned: Albie brought Pandolfo in because he thinks he will be a good addition to the staff and will help them win games.
    That is 100% not the most likely scenario.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
      Because he knows he’s going to be th next head coach it’s really not that complicated
      If that's the case (and I agree with you that it's likely) the fact that BU isn't making the move right now is a big mistake.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Which is why I would not rule out Pandolfo being the HC this fall. Has BU out out a press release? Any quotes from Albie?

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
          You assume speculation and your scenario is the least likely.. yes pandolfo left the bruins to be Albie’s assistant .. makes perfect sense .. seriously !? Previous poster was right about what he heard from parents and that’s been general sentiment . This was a way to
          have a gracious exit ..and for pandolfo to be an “assistant “ and yes maybe he will stay in as an assistant
          no chance he is getting a HC shot anytime soon

He’s a great guy great recruiter but just wasn’t HC material
          Amidst all the speculation, was Paul Pearl's departure the first domino in this sequence (to make room for Pandolfo), or was his departure a separate matter that ignited the approach to Pandolfo, whether as the HC or AC?
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• I miss the days when we had this thing called "The Press" who would get to the bottom of this stuff.

Perhaps Albie and Jay should perform a job swap. If Albie is so good at recruiting perhaps he can find the Bruins a stud defenseman and and a third line forward who can put the puck in the net.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Doug Friedman is joining the party on Comm Ave.

https://***********/TerrierHockey/st...924540930?s=20

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Doug Friedman is joining the party on Comm Ave.

Announcement of Pandolfo, Friedman, Daccord and video coordinator Jon Sherman.
                Zoom presser with Pando today.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  Doug Friedman is joining the party on Comm Ave.

Now all we need to do is find where Jon Pratt has been hiding and get him a job, too!

Comment

• Who was the director of hockey operations? And what exactly does that person do?

Is Quenselle still on the staff?

The press release certainly makes it sound as if it the hires were Albie's call. I agree though it does somehow make the hierarchy seem upside down.

Comment

• A head coach not having the loyalty of his assistants is a recipe for disaster.
                      I would have to believe (hope) that Albie was on-board with all of these changes because ... it will push the program forward.
                      And Pandolfo would never take a position to sabotage a year so that he could get the head coach's job.

Comment

• Is it possible Pandolfo is getting more money from BU than the Bruins? When you come aboard with the immediate title of Associate Head Coach, you're on a path to be a head coach in college or I guess possibly the AHL. It's just very difficult to believe Pandolfo made this move and will be content being behind Albie for years to come. I just can't buy that.

It's also possible the Bruins wanted to go in a different direction but even then I just can't see Pandolfo coming to BU and then happily being Albie's assistant.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Is it possible Pandolfo is getting more money from BU than the Bruins? When you come aboard with the immediate title of Associate Head Coach, you're on a path to be a head coach in college or I guess possibly the AHL. It's just very difficult to believe Pandolfo made this move and will be content being behind Albie for years to come. I just can't buy that.

It's also possible the Bruins wanted to go in a different direction but even then I just can't see Pandolfo coming to BU and then happily being Albie's assistant.
                          Who knows on his salary at BU vs Bruins, but don't forget, he had a 15ish year NHL career and probably could never have to work again (if he was at all smart with his finances) so money may not be the driving factor here.

Comment

• Some good notes and explanations in here. Sounds as if Albie first approached him with it a couple of months back:

Jay Pandolfo explains decision to leave Bruins coaching staff for BU (msn.com)

Comment

• Doug Friedman joining the BU staff ... doesn't he have a son, a goalie, who was a real prospect?

Comment

• Setting aside the "how and why" of what happened, I can't see these moves being anything but a boon to the program. Albie's teams have been "easy to play against". I think that will change with Pandolfo and Friedman on board. They were gritty players, and there have been fewer BU players who were as tough as Friedman.
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X