This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post

I hear what you are saying... I'm going to keep on throwing out food for thought....

Ok, so if we take it in the context of making the tournament I would imagine, then, that the goal is winning the tournament. If the goal is winning the tournament, then you have to be at your optimized level of play. To be at your optimized play, I think you have to play against top flight competition/equal to or better than yourself. Darwinism of sorts, I suppose.

Another way of looking at it in the context of attracting the best players is that the best players want to play against the best competition. A piece of context that fits into this is the reality of the BU (and BC) team building model is to stock up on as many 18-19 year old blue chippers as possible knowing they will turn pro early. This places the bet that young, raw talent that infrequently plays against talent better than it before stepping onto campus/playing as talented and/or older and bigger players will be able to make the big step up quickly before they turn pro. That places a lot of pressure on the coaching staff to be great and fast teachers. I'm not sure this is the reality of the BU staffs of the last 5-10 years...

But now I'm in the weeds. LOL.

I get what you are saying but I think playing in Hockey East alone prepares you for the tournament as UMass just proved since they didn't play any out of conference. Play a HE schedule and sprinkle in a few decent games, a few really good games and you have a good mix.

Comment

Ricky!!!!

https://twitter.com/Buccigross/statu...218683909?s=20

It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        Jeff Cox reporting "After leaving his post as an associate head coach at Boston University recently, Paul Pearl has landed on his feet. The Winthrop, Mass., native will be the new head coach at Cushing Academy." He added that Pearl had been rumored to be a candidate for the NU assistant job.
        As I said before, Paul Pearl is an intriguing guy!

Comment

I saw that! How does he get that gig and Colby Cohen gets left off?

Comment

Four Terriers on the USA roster for the World Junior Summer Showcase, the first step in selecting the Junior National Team for the 2022 WJCs: Commesso, Peterson, Tuch and Boucher. https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1171734
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Jay Pandolfo new Associate Head Coach

Comment

Originally posted by hydrant View Post
                Jay Pandolfo new Associate Head Coach
                I like this

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

I guess you are implying it was an academic issue? I do think it's a legit question, but maybe those more "in the know" know that changes this late are almost always academics.
                  No I was implying it’s a coaching issue wish there pando news would have been released earlier ... I guess this is what one would call lame duck

Comment

Have to think Pandolfo is coming to be a potential head coach right? Usually don't see guys leave the NHL to become a college associate.

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
                      Have to think Pandolfo is coming to be a potential head coach right? Usually don't see guys leave the NHL to become a college associate.
                      I would say it’s an absolute given ... it’s been well known pandolfo wanted the job he came back finished his degree ... clearly this is a lame duck situation and makes for a year where pando can transition etc

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post

I would say it’s an absolute given ... it’s been well known pandolfo wanted the job he came back finished his degree ... clearly this is a lame duck situation and makes for a year where pando can transition etc
                        Totally agree. I am wondering if Albie made the hire or the school made the hire. Just an. Odd situation. Ideal scenario would be pandolfo becomes head coach and Albie goes back to asst coach/recruiting which he excelled at. Won’t happen but that the best of both worlds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Totally agree. I am wondering if Albie made the hire or the school made the hire. Just an. Odd situation. Ideal scenario would be pandolfo becomes head coach and Albie goes back to asst coach/recruiting which he excelled at. Won’t happen but that the best of both worlds.
                          Has to be the school. Ever since Pearl "stepped down", which I still feel the school somewhat pushed him away, since he joined Cushing versus a college program. At least it puts the program in a more comfortable position at the end of the season. And if Pandolfo is named head coach I wouldn't be surprised if Albie is gone. Pandolfo may want to pick his own associate or Allbie may want to try and get a HC gig somewhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post

Agreed. Unless the Bruins were looking to move on from Pandolfo, the only way he takes this job is if he knows it will lead to being the HC at BU. But if Albie is the HC this year and BU has a great year...then what? Albie knows he's a lame duck AND he can see his replacement being brought in. Could make for a strange year. So what are the chances Albie isn't the head coach THIS fall? The coach in waiting is always for an old coach. Not sure I can remember a situation quite like this one.

Comment

• It will be Pandolfo's first ever experience coaching at the college level. So maybe this is a good learning year for him versus just hopping in and becoming the head coaching next year and leaving directly from the Bruins.

Comment

Working...
                              X