This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hydrant View Post

Buccigross reported that "Pearl decided to move on". Guessing school let him go because usually they would leave for another job. IMO, this is good for BU. I wasn't a fan of Pearl and didn't think he was a good coach. Wonder who the next Associate will be. Not sure if Quesnelle will be promoted. I'm hoping they bring in someone that could possibly take over the program, if this year is average. Just anything to get Albie uncomfortable, or motivated to at least accomplish something.
    You obviously don’t know Paul or what he did .. he was in charge of almost everything.: whatever success they had was because of him

Comment

Roman Schmidt (2021 recruit) just signed with Kitchener in OHL. Very surprising IMO given he did 2 years at the program. Wonder what happened because had NLI signed and seemed he was coming this fall.
      Do you really have to ask ?

Comment

Very well could be an admissions thing.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Home schedule announced: https://goterriers.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/schedule

OOCs: 2 each with SHU and ASU. 2 home games each with BC and UVM.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

This is a continuation of a previous post
            The schedule announced today is the worst out of conference schedule ever
            We have no games at home against any of the 4 best conferences-big ten-ccha-nchc-ecac
            A two game set against Sacred Heart makes no sense at all. although a poor date I believe the lowest attendance in Agganis arena history was Sacred Heart
            How are we to grow fan interest and season tickets with this kind of schedule?
            Who is responsible for the schedule Drew or Albie
            Just look at out of conference schedule of our Hockey East other teams

Comment

Also I forgot to mention counting the exhibition game 6 home games in October and 2 in February
              Early in season very little focus on college hockey

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                This is a continuation of a previous post
                The schedule announced today is the worst out of conference schedule ever
                We have no games at home against any of the 4 best conferences-big ten-ccha-nchc-ecac
                A two game set against Sacred Heart makes no sense at all. although a poor date I believe the lowest attendance in Agganis arena history was Sacred Heart
                How are we to grow fan interest and season tickets with this kind of schedule?
                Who is responsible for the schedule Drew or Albie
                Just look at out of conference schedule of our Hockey East other teams
                It’s not me. I’ve posted quite a few times over the years how much schedules like this frustrate me for Maine. I really don’t understand how all the schools can’t get together and ensure everyone has a halfway decent schedule. It’s one of many reasons why attendance and interest is down so much across the league from where it used to be.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

The Sacred Heart series sucks (we'll probably get swept) but was a last second replacement after Alaska backed out at the last second.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Look for Ty Gallagher (2021 Draft Eligible) from the U.S. program to take Schmidt's incoming spot. Think Notre Dame is deferring him a year.

Comment

Look for Ty Gallagher (2021 Draft Eligible) from the U.S. program to take Schmidt's incoming spot. Think Notre Dame is deferring him a year.
                      Screw it. I am happy to unofficially officially announce Ty Gallagher to BU. I believe he has the most goals at the U.S. program for defenseman. Should be a 3-6 round pick. Good pick up.
                      Last edited by hydrant; 06-22-2021, 10:49 PM.

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really don't have strong feelings one way or the other about who is coming to Agganis. I go to games to see BU play. I do understand a higher quality opponent could translate into more people in the stands, but to be perfectly honest, interest levels are dropping everywhere, not just at BU. If BU runs the table against the teams in this "worst OOC schedule EVAH" and positions themselves to make the NCAAs, then I could not care less who they do it against. I'm hoping to make the trip to Northern Michigan in the Fall. And MSG Thanksgiving weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really don't have strong feelings one way or the other about who is coming to Agganis. I go to games to see BU play. I do understand a higher quality opponent could translate into more people in the stands, but to be perfectly honest, interest levels are dropping everywhere, not just at BU. If BU runs the table against the teams in this "worst OOC schedule EVAH" and positions themselves to make the NCAAs, then I could not care less who they do it against. I'm hoping to make the trip to Northern Michigan in the Fall. And MSG Thanksgiving weekend.
                          BU will be a better team if they play better opponents. Of course, if the team sucks, playing better teams won't matter anyway. But if we have a halfway decent team, this schedule will severely hurt.

Comment

I was contacted about reupping on season/premium club tickets for the upcoming season by an Agganis "Account Executive." I told him I was no longer interested due to the poor schedule and I asked him to pass along my complaint and reason for refusing tickets. I assume $$ is the only way to get through to them - if that is even enough these days.... Nevertheless, I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Comment

You people have lost your minds. I'LL WATCH SHU 12 TIMES IF THAT MEANS I GET TO WATCH LIVE HOCKEY AGAIN!!! You do realize you're *****ing about like 4 games. Four. I mean, the Hockey East teams are good (and entertaining.). Right!?

BU Hockey: COVID Hangover
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Interesting that people care that much about a home schedule. Things change so much year to year...did anyone want a game vs St. Cloud at BU last season? That would have been puked on when the schedule would have been released. Its an odd year as I am sure some teams are still worried about travel and don't want to book too many games far away so probably limits the teams you can set up games with.

Comment

Working...
                                X