BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post

Don't like it at all - why bother with a regular season?
    It certainly devalues the regular season.

A hot goalie on a mediocre team can wreak havoc on the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
      Jeff Cox reporting Paul Pearl no longer at BU
      Cox now "speculating" that Pearl moves over to be AC at NU under new HC Jerry Keefe, now that Jim Madigan has moved up to become the new AD.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Ok so if Pearl did leave BU on his own it makes a little more sense. Albie with one year left or join Jerry Keefe now.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Don't know if McMahon or Connelly have provided any info but what exactly is the reasoning for it?
          I read a year or two ago they wanted to go back to every team making it because of the unbalanced schedule. I think that is very lame to say the least.

It would be hard to do the conference tournament in two weeks and have quarterfinal best of three. I suspect that is why they are going to single elimination for every round.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Not sure what Pearl would bring to their table. I believe Keefe does Powerplay, and pearl did for BU. All in all, if they get Pearl then god bless their zone entries because sucked at BU.

Comment

With Keefe being a first time HC and Pearl having HC experience i can understand it. Not sure what their personal background is. Were they ever on a staff together?

Comment

Jeff Cox tweeted:

"According to sources, Brian Daccord of Stop It Goaltending will be the new volunteer goaltending coach for Boston University. Merrimack alum has worked for Toronto Maple Leafs, most recently Arizona Coyotes."

He would replace Bobby Goepfert, who came aboard last October when Brian Ecklund was hired by the Devils' AHL affiliate. Stop It Goaltending is Hockey East's official goaltending development company.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I read a year or two ago they wanted to go back to every team making it because of the unbalanced schedule. I think that is very lame to say the least.

It would be hard to do the conference tournament in two weeks and have quarterfinal best of three. I suspect that is why they are going to single elimination for every round.
                  Totally lame reasoning/rationale if that is what they are thinking. If my team is not having a great regular season why would I bother spending my precious time and money on a regular season that means oh so little? This smells like the ultimate participation trophy mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post

Totally lame reasoning/rationale if that is what they are thinking. If my team is not having a great regular season why would I bother spending my precious time and money on a regular season that means oh so little? This smells like the ultimate participation trophy mentality.
                    I totally agree. Anything can happen in one game...you can hit 6 posts, dumb penalty calls, no puck luck, goalie has an off day, dman falls down, etc. Thats why it should be a series like the NHL does as over a series the better team will usually win as it should. The regular season now essentially holds very little value.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

I totally agree. Anything can happen in one game...you can hit 6 posts, dumb penalty calls, no puck luck, goalie has an off day, dman falls down, etc. Thats why it should be a series like the NHL does as over a series the better team will usually win as it should. The regular season now essentially holds very little value.
                      The same with the NCAA tournament, yet I don't see you complaining about it.

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

The regular season still determines who gets in the NCAA tournament. I’d rather them stick with the old format but what they went with was the second best option.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                          Me. Eliminate the 9-16 teams, and just go with top 8. That way any unfairness of an undeserving team winning on a fluke is mitigated by the even-ness of those qualifying.
                          The Souza record:
                          15-16 10th place
                          16-17 10th place
                          17-18 11th place
                          18-19 8th place
                          19-20 9th place
                          20-21 10th place
                          21-22 9th place
                          22-23 10th place

Comment

Or keep 9-16 but make those teams play an on campus opening round series to advance into a final 12. I am up for tweaks/ideas.

Comment

Roman Schmidt (2021 recruit) just signed with Kitchener in OHL. Very surprising IMO given he did 2 years at the program. Wonder what happened because had NLI signed and seemed he was coming this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                                The NCAA tournament teams earned there way in with regular season or tournament success. Say a Vermont team that was 2-26 wins 3 games in a row and now they are in the NCAAs....ehhhhh. Not sure that's ideal.

Comment

Working...
                                X