X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Paul Pearl is a mysterious individual
    Ok, I'll bite. How so? What makes him mysterious?
    Last edited by buoldtimer; 06-09-2021, 11:11 AM.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

Ok, I'll bite. How so? What make's him mysterious?
      Leaving his post as HC at his alma mater to be an assistant and now leaving his post as an assistant on his own (allegedly) with no HC job lined up anywhere. He just seems like a different kind of guy.

Comment

Leaving his post as HC at his alma mater to be an assistant and now leaving his post as an assistant on his own (allegedly) with no HC job lined up anywhere. He just seems like a different kind of guy.
        Thanks.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Maybe something happened with him and albie, or they canned Pear but will not publicly “fire” him. Either way, I don’t think he just left. If any assistant was unhappy I’m sure they’d bite the bullet and keep getting paid until they have a job lined up. Curious to see how long before a replacement is named.

Comment

Tough night at the office for Grizz...woof

Comment

Tough night at the office for Grizz...woof
              Yeah, picked a bad time to have his worst game as a pro. He has generally been consistently good, IMHO. Sure, an occasional turnover, but to have his two worst in the same game, and have them both end up in the net...not good. He and McAvoy were putting in so much time, given how depleted the d-corps was. I have to think getting one or two very good, dependable defensemen is priority #1 for Sweeney.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

I recall reading that Pandolfo has completed his degree, but Sacco still has not. Anyone else remember reading something similar?
                Well certainly, Pandolfo should have his - he stayed 4 years, and wasn't the "sign him and get him on an NHL roster right away" kind of players, despite having a 38 goal senior season. If memory serves, he spent at least a year in the AHL, and as we all know, morphed into a defensive forward.

And "Say it Ain't So" Joe left after his junior year (that was the heading on my Freep Letter to the Editor trying to convince him not to sign :-)). So it is certainly possible that he didn't complete his degree. Did Dave Sacco ever get into coaching?
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  Did Dave Sacco ever get into coaching?
                  No coaching positions shown on Dave Sacco’s eliteprospects page.

While I have ZERO knowledge of whom BU might be considering, there are several alums with strong records coaching in juniors and prep: Freddy Meyer, who has been an AHL assistant, an EHL head coach/GM and succeeded Shawn McEachern at The Rivers School; Doug Friedman, who has coached at Kent School and in the USPHL; and Carl Corazzini, now at St. Marks. All three were Terrier captains.

Of course, O’Connell certainly could look outside the program as he did with both Pearl and Quesnelle.

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Yeah, picked a bad time to have his worst game as a pro. He has generally been consistently good, IMHO. Sure, an occasional turnover, but to have his two worst in the same game, and have them both end up in the net...not good. He and McAvoy were putting in so much time, given how depleted the d-corps was. I have to think getting one or two very good, dependable defensemen is priority #1 for Sweeney.
                    Yep, he's typically one of their most reliable dmen when he's out there. So when you see those errors happen you know it isn't your series.

Comment

I have to think getting one or two very good, dependable defensemen is priority #1 for Sweeney.
                      Good luck with that. There is not a lot out there.

The Bruins also need a 3rd and 4th line. They got nothing from 6 forwards. Their forward drafting has not panned out. At all.

It Happened!!!!

Comment

Thoughts on HE going to the every team in/single elimination tournament?

It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          It adds some spice, and a degree of uncertainty. I wonder how coaches who figure to be in the top tier of the standings feel.
                          Last edited by buoldtimer; 06-16-2021, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Don't like it at all - why bother with a regular season?

Comment

Dumb

Comment

Don't know if McMahon or Connelly have provided any info but what exactly is the reasoning for it?

Comment

Working...
                                X