BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I expect to see them (BC) at the Garden.
    Too bad we won't be there...

Comment

• Maine's putting on a clinic.

Comment

• A NCAA bid on the line…seeding and home game in quarters on the line verse the worst team in Hockey East and this is how the team shows up? If anything symbolizes the lack of coaching and preparation it’s this game. Absolutely pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          Thanks for trying, but you have made several incorrect statements.
          It doesn't much matter now, does it? And I fyp...

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          Boston University needs help

Comment

• Remember the beginning and end of this season if BU fizzles out in one and done Qtr final loss on the road. No pass for Albie because of the “streak”. You s/b judged on the whole season and if QF exit happens this season will be an abject failure

Comment

• Any scenario left where we host a quarterfinal game? If Northeastern beats Merrimack?

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                Any scenario left where we host a quarterfinal game? If Northeastern beats Merrimack?
                According to the HE website, the first tiebreaker is head-to-head, the second is wins in the conference (in BOTH cases we are still tied with Merrimack). We hold the tiebreaker over UConn so it's between Merrimack and BU. The THIRD tiebreaker is records against the first place team, and we don't know who that is yet. In order to even have this discussion, Northeastern would have to win, which gives them first place. We are 0-1-1 against Northeastern and Merrimack is 0-1, so I still don't know which is considered better...I guess because of the tie that gives us a better percentage? Not really sure...the fourth tiebreaker is a coin flip. But it looks like that game is going into OT, which means that Merrimack would pass us anyway, because they would get at least one point. SO, after one minute and 46 more seconds, the answer to your question is "no."

EDIT: Wow...apparently Northeastern scored with 9 seconds left in regulation. So BU and Merrimack "tie" in total points but I'm still not sure how they handle ties, so, therefore, who wins the tiebreaker...maybe someone else does?

(we've now given up 8 goals tonight...do you think it matters where we play?)
                Last edited by chickod; 03-05-2022, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                  Any scenario left where we host a quarterfinal game? If Northeastern beats Merrimack?
                  Looks like that would leave a 3 way tie. Head to head records for those 3 are:

BU: 3-2
                  UConn: 3-2
                  MC: 1-3

I think that would eliminate MC and then BU takes the tiebreaker over UConn. So, yes. An NU win.

Comment

• Wow a late NU goal to win the title and I think set up a BU home game against UConn?

Comment

• God, Maine looks like the future Nat'l Champs tonight.

Comment

• Yes, that is what it seems to be. What a night. Now we just need to erase this game from everyone’s memory. This may be the worst game I’ve EVER seen BU play. The press conference should be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                          Oddly, if BU, MC and UConn finish in a 3-way tie at 41 points BU would be the #4 seed, UConn the #5 seed and MC the #6 seed.
                          This, right?
                          Go BU!

Comment

• I would think the PWR ramifications are far more important than whether you ended up with home ice or not/who your opponent is. Hell, even UMass has now dropped to 12 as the highest rated team in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                              This, right?
                              Pretty sure. Be happy. UConn has never won a HE tournament game and routinely folds under pressure.

Comment

• According to the final standings on the Hockey East site, your Terriers will host Maine in the play in game this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X