Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This team is psychologically fragile. They came out strong, but when it was clear the game wasn't going their way, all structure, hockey smarts, discipline, teamwork, and well, basic joy, went out the window. The 2nd and most of the 3rd were unwatchable. Just terrible hockey (UVM sucks.)

    I missed the band.

    If BC's play of late is an indicator of the talent on the Olympic team. Ooof.

    BU Hockey: Just Another Mediocre Hockey Team
    It Happened!!!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      This team is psychologically fragile. They came out strong, but when it was clear the game wasn't going their way, all structure, hockey smarts, discipline, teamwork, and well, basic joy, went out the window.
      This speaks to leadership - at all levels. A hot take I discussed with a friend last night, Cockerill this season is the worst captain this program has had since Brian McGuirk. He looks like he coasts through games and is treating this season as a fifth year on a resort. Just here to have some fun.

      Is it correlation or causation that the team began to play better the previous two weekends while he was out?
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

      Comment


      • Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post



        Is it correlation or causation that the team began to play better the previous two weekends while he was out?
        Why was he out? Coaches decision, COVID, or injury? (We'll never know will we?). Scarlet mentioned to me last night - "Wait, he didn't play in the UConn game? I didn't even notice him missing." Exactly.


        It Happened!!!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BU93 View Post
          Really??? This was as much as a “gimme” weekend as you could get. Can’t lose a game against #58/58 at home. I have 2-4-2 with 2 of the loses OT losses (basically ties) against HE at home this year. Just when I thought we might be turning a corner.
          Vermont is not a bad team defensively, just offensively. They have only lost by 4 goals in one game, 3 goals in one game (which was a 2 goal game before they gave up an empty net goal - one of only 2 that have given up this season), 2 goals in 4 games and 1 goal in 8 games. They have even had the lead at some point in 7 of 14 games that they have lost and their Goals Against per game is the same as BU's, 2.65. Their problem is that they are offensively challenged, as they are dead last in Hockey East at 1.70 goals per game.

          As I mentioned, Vermont has not been blown out this season (unless you count the 4-0 loss to NU as a blowout), so BU should have expected a tight, low scoring game. If they didn't then that is on the leadership, both coaches and players.

          Sean

          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

          BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

          Comment


          • Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post


            Is it correlation or causation that the team began to play better the previous two weekends while he was out?
            I thought about this too. Sure would have helped if he could have buried his breakaway. He looked a little like the amazing player we saw for a short stretch last year, but after that play, not so much.

            Going tonight - maybe they will reward me.

            And does anyone know the actual reason for no band? Everyone seems to be asking but nobody is answering. Bomber must have the inside scoop!!
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

            Comment


            • Originally posted by defkit View Post

              I thought about this too. Sure would have helped if he could have buried his breakaway. He looked a little like the amazing player we saw for a short stretch last year, but after that play, not so much.

              Going tonight - maybe they will reward me.

              And does anyone know the actual reason for no band? Everyone seems to be asking but nobody is answering. Bomber must have the inside scoop!!
              Must be worried about the instruments spreading COVID everywhere!

              Comment


              • Was that Commesso’s first shutout?? Based on nothing concrete, it appears that was his last game at Agganis before the Olympics.

                Comment


                • That’s more like it! I didn’t think there was too much difference from last night except we buried some of our opportunities. Getting the 2nd goal was huge. Commesso very solid. Vermont does play a very tight checking game, but they don’t generate too many good looks on offense.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by defkit View Post



                    And does anyone know the actual reason for no band? Everyone seems to be asking but nobody is answering. Bomber must have the inside scoop!!
                    "We're hitting pause this weekend as students return back to campus and resume testing. Can't wait to be back next weekend to cheer on our Terriers!"

                    The wife went yesterday. I'm beginning to think I'm a "Terrier scoring goals" curse. I've seen them shut-out twice, score only one goal 2 times, score 2 goals once, and score 3 goals once. It's me. Sorry.
                    It Happened!!!!

                    Comment


                    • It was pretty surprising to see Commesso in goal yesterday in a game that basically meant nothing
                      Does it matter if we finish 6-10 in standings
                      Also with UMass on Tuesday it was perfect time to use backup to get ready for when he leaves for olympics
                      Not even sure which of backup goalies will get the call

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DLG View Post
                        It was pretty surprising to see Commesso in goal yesterday in a game that basically meant nothing
                        Does it matter if we finish 6-10 in standings
                        Also with UMass on Tuesday it was perfect time to use backup to get ready for when he leaves for olympics
                        Not even sure which of backup goalies will get the call
                        These games do matter for hockey East standings which is important because the only way BU makes the Tournament is if they win the hockey East tournament.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Was that Commesso’s first shutout?? Based on nothing concrete, it appears that was his last game at Agganis before the Olympics.
                          Yes, it was his first. The last time BU shut out an opponent was last Feb. 12 when Vinny blanked Vermont, 1-0.
                          Brady Gardner, who is pretty much clued in, tweeted that last night was Drew's Agganis farewell before the Olympics. So it would appear, he won't be available for next Sunday's home game against Providence.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

                          Comment


                          • [QUOTE=DLG;n3709274]It was pretty surprising to see Commesso in goal yesterday in a game that basically meant nothing
                            Does it matter if we finish 6-10 in standings/QUOTE]It seems you aren't aware that every team makes teh playoffs this season, with 6-7 hosting 9-11 in a single game first round with the winners then moving on to the single game quarterfinals, so yes, were BU finishes in the standings matters. Furthermore, BU could still finish in the top 4 and host a quarterfinal game or 5th and get a bye into playing at #4.

                            Also, playing Commesso for both games this weekend and the Tuesday game at UMass is good for him since he may be riding the pine for the Olympics.

                            Sean

                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

                            BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DLG View Post
                              It was pretty surprising to see Commesso in goal yesterday in a game that basically meant nothing
                              Does it matter if we finish 6-10 in standings
                              Also with UMass on Tuesday it was perfect time to use backup to get ready for when he leaves for olympics
                              Not even sure which of backup goalies will get the call
                              Commesso may have another game, or two before heading to China.

                              Duplessis is a good college goalie. Abel is also able. But Duplessis is expected to get the first call.

                              Originally posted by Bomber
                              I missed the band.
                              At least they started playing recordings of the pep band's music, instead of that truly awful music.

                              I would think they could find a recording of the Peter Gunn theme song to play when the team takes to the ice, instead of "Shipping Up to Boston."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

                                At least they started playing recordings of the pep band's music, instead of that truly awful music.

                                And get off my lawn!! Hee hee!! I missed the band but was OK with the canned music. Just curious as to who selects it.

                                Also, is it me or does this new PA announcer seem to take forEVER to announce goals?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X