No announcement yet.

BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Vinnie Duplessis is a more than capable college goalie. And Ashton Abel -- who has a win over BC in the Beanpot -- is also capable, and could be more if he has improved on high shots.

Comment

• On a completely separate note - has there been any update on Jack Eichel's recovery? Wasn't he supposed to start playing around now?

He had his first non- contact practices this week. His timeline was to be back playing games in February so in theory he's still on track for that, but no one really knows until he starts getting hit and such. Fingers crossed for him.

Comment

• Good for Commesso. Tough to lose him, but Vinny can get us places if the team plays well in front of him.

Tonight will be a good barometer. First game of the season, we needed two late goals to beat UConn. If we win more easily, that is a good sign.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Is anyone else having trouble watching the game on College Sports Live? I’m getting a video not found message.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Is anyone else having trouble watching the game on College Sports Live? I’m getting a video not found message.
            I had the same issue at first but it's working now

Comment

• Just got home for the third period. About 12 minutes in.

Man, talk about a team playing not to lose . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
                Just got home for the third period. About 12 minutes in.

Man, talk about a team playing not to lose . . .
                That never works. Sigh.

Comment

• Game! Good to see them win one in OT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

That never works. Sigh.
                    Ha ha! #OppositeGirl

Comment

• Well that was a major fail on the stream. They cut to live action one second before the winning goal, from an angle that had me not even sure it wasn't some replay from earlier in the game...and then they go right back to the spinning logos. No replay, nothing. Took all the spontaneity out of winning in OT.

But hey, a road win against a good team...I'll take it.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Including David Quinn, that is now 11 NHLers and 6 Olympians from the 08-09 team. Pretty impressive.

Does anyone think Commesso will get some playing time? The other two goalies are not exactly great - Commesso is probably better than them but not as experienced. If he gets into some games (and plays well), I think that does more for BU than having him here, playing in games for BU at this point.

Also, I think he has to leave well before a week or two before February 9th because isn't China requiring all participants to quarantine for awhile first?

Comment

• Feels good to win that game. Nice to keep the unbeaten streak alive. It does get us the extra point in the standings, but not getting the regulation win was costly in the PWR. We actually dropped to 30 with the “win”. With a regulation win we would have risen to 22 (according to the CHN customizer). Unfortunately we need regulation wins, not these glorified ties

Comment

• I thought they looked like a completely different team than what we watched first semester. Their entries were smooth and confident and they moved the puck well. They hit 4 posts and that save on Vlasic was other-worldly.

Having Brown back is huge. Was #19 addition by subtraction?
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                              Feels good to win that game. Nice to keep the unbeaten streak alive. It does get us the extra point in the standings, but not getting the regulation win was costly in the PWR. We actually dropped to 30 with the “win”. With a regulation win we would have risen to 22 (according to the CHN customizer). Unfortunately we need regulation wins, not these glorified ties
                              Pain. I don't like this "unbeaten" streak. Probably just because we haven't risen as much in the pairwise as I would have liked. The OT games cost us.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                                Feels good to win that game. Nice to keep the unbeaten streak alive. It does get us the extra point in the standings, but not getting the regulation win was costly in the PWR. We actually dropped to 30 with the “win”. With a regulation win we would have risen to 22 (according to the CHN customizer). Unfortunately we need regulation wins, not these glorified ties
                                While the ties have hurt a lot in the PWR, we can draw at least some solace from the SOS (strength of schedule) in the RPI indices. We have been playing a tougher schedule then many. Still.....

Comment

Working...
                                X