This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Awful jerseys - what do you suppose that whole get up cost? It wasn’t just jerseys - pants, gloves, goalie pads, socks etc

not that it really matters but fingers crossed we never see those again.
    I didn't mind them all ... for one game. It was supposed to represent the uniforms that BU worn its first-ever game. In its 100th season, that is fine. It was a unique, clever touch.
    We're not likely to see them again.

The school has a contract with Under Armor, who likely made them at little or more likely no cost.

BU has had three different versions of their homes and aways -- the standard 'Detroit Red Wings,' the more streamlined and the old school with "Boston University" spelled out.

I prefer the 'Wings' jersey had the Terrier logo on the front, instead of number, like it was in the 1970s.
    That was changed from logo to numbers because of the unusual situation of the press box at Walter Brown arena being located behind a goal, and the broadcasters and media not being able to read numbers when the team skated towards them. They should have returned the logo when they moved to Agganis Arena.

Comment

• Have we attended out last game this season? *sigh*
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        Have we attended out last game this season? *sigh*
        Man, don't even say that! (even if you're thinking it)
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bu98 View Post
          https://www.collegehockeynews.com/st...tails,20212022

Are you sure you didn't cross up 'leading BY 2' vs 'leading AFTER 2 (Periods)'
          Thanks for the link. Since collegehockeystats stopped adding detailed game summaries I’ve been using CHN game summaries (except for exhibition games), so we are working from the same source data.

I had already double checked BU’s 2021-22 games, but I checked again. BU won 4 games when leading after 2 periods: the 2nd SHU game (led 3-1, won 4-1); the MC home game (led 6-3, won 8-6); and bothe UNH games (led 2-1, won 3-1 and led 1-0, won 2-1). Since the CHN stats only show 3 wins I looked at the CHN stats for BU, BC and PC for the past 4 seasons and it turns out that it is CHN that has a problem with their ‘lead after 2’ stats. Here are the CHN reported records and actual records (based on looking at every game summary):

Boston University record after 2 periods Boston College record after 2 periods Providence record after 2 periods
          2018-19 Leading Trailing Tied 2018-19 Leading Trailing Tied 2018-19 Leading Trailing Tied
          CHN 8-5-0 3-9-1 5-4-3 CHN 8-4-0 3-13-1 3-5-2 CHN 17-4-1 3-6-1 4-2-3
          Actual 10-1-1 0-15-1 6-2-2 Actual 10-2-1 0-16-1 4-4-1 Actual 17-0-2 2-6-1 5-6-3
          2019-20 Leading Trailing Tied 2019-20 Leading Trailing Tied 2019-20 Leading Trailing Tied
          CHN 11-5-3 0-5-3 2-3-2 CHN 19-0-1 1-6-1 4-2-0 CHN 10-3-4 0-6-0 6-3-2
          Actual 9-1-3 1-9-3 3-3-2 Actual 22-0-1 0-6-0 2-2-1 Actual 15-1-5 0-6-0 1-5-1
          2020-21 Leading Trailing Tied 2020-21 Leading Trailing Tied 2020-21 Leading Trailing Tied
          CHN 6-0-1 2-2-0 2-3-0 CHN 11-3-1 3-3-0 3-0-0 CHN 5-1-0 2-6-1 4-2-4
          Actual 7-0-1 2-4-0 1-1-0 Actual 13-2-1 0-3-0 4-1-0 Actual 7-1-0 1-8-1 3-0-4
          2021-22 Leading Trailing Tied 2021-22 Leading Trailing Tied 2021-22 Leading Trailing Tied
          CHN 3-2-3 1-4-0 2-3-0 CHN 4-3-0 1-1-2 3-1-1 CHN 10-1-0 1-1-0 3-5-0
          Actual 4-1-2 1-6-0 1-2-1 Actual 5-0-1 0-1-1 3-4-1 Actual 11-0-0 1-5-0 2-2-0

So thankfully I didn’t make numerous mistakes, although I may have made a few (I hope not). I also looked at their ‘lead after 1” records and 11 of the 12 matched mine. I doubled checked the one that was off and the error is again with CHN.

Here are the 4 season totals for the three teams:

Boston University record after 2 periods Boston College record after 2 periods Providence record after 2 periods
          Leading Trailing Tied Leading Trailing Tied Leading Trailing Tied
          Totals 30-3-7 4-34-4 11-8-5 Totals 50-4-4 0-26-2 13-11-3 Totals 50-2-7 4-25-2 11-13-8

Interestingly, BU is actually better than BC when trailing after 2 periods, although worse than PC. BU is also better than BC and PC when tied after 2 periods. The difference in results is that BC and PC both have more games they have led after two periods, while BU has more when trailing after two periods.

Sean
          Last edited by Sean Pickett; 12-17-2021, 08:51 PM.
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Awful jerseys - what do you suppose that whole get up cost? It wasn’t just jerseys - pants, gloves, goalie pads, socks etc

not that it really matters but fingers crossed we never see those again.
            I noticed that the pants were just shells (you could tell based on all the wrinkles in them), likely worn over their regular pants, which would drop the price significantly.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

That was changed from logo to numbers because of the unusual situation of the press box at Walter Brown arena being located behind a goal, and the broadcasters and media not being able to read numbers when the team skated towards them. They should have returned the logo when they moved to Agganis Arena.
              I never knew that! Thanks for the tidbit.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Have we attended out last game this season? *sigh*
                Northeastern went to no fans at games for now at least….

Comment

• good news at least, the boys have gone a couple days now without a loss
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Okay so, which former BU players in the AHL or Europe are playing well this season? We all know there won't be any current Terriers representing the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                      Okay so, which former BU players in the AHL or Europe are playing well this season? We all know there won't be any current Terriers representing the US.
                      Are any lady terriers playing for the US or other?

Comment

Are any lady terriers playing for the US or other?
                        Canada is finalizing their roster this week or next, but Marie-Philip will obviously be on the team. Victoria Bach was on their world championship team this year so it seems like she has a good chance of making it.

The US has not announced their roster but they have also cut their prospective pool down to 23, which is the maximum for the Olympic roster. Jesse Compher is still with the team so it seems likely she'll be going.

Comment

• I received an autographed Jack Eichel BU jersey as a gift today. I am hoping someone on here might be able to provide a little background info on it. It was purchased on eBay (it was authenticated by PSA/DNA, so no concerns there) so I imagine it might have changed hands over the course of the past several years. It has the blue puzzle piece on it for Autism Speaks and the HE patch. I know they raffled off autographed items for the charity, but did they raffle non-game-worn jerseys? This clearly was not game-worn as there are no marks on it (although some might argue it was since Eichel never hit anybody) and it was manufactured by SP, which I don't believe BU ever had a merchandise deal with? Would BU have a separate deal with SP for retail in Canada? If so, that seems odd because I can't imagine there are too many college hockey jerseys being sold in Canada. Anyone have any ideas? I just can't remember Autism Speaks jerseys being sold that were manufactured by this company.

Edit: I see on SP's website that they advertise deals with BU, MSU, and Miami. And my jersey does have a fight strap and my girlfriend thinks there are some faint marks on the white trim at the bottom of the jersey. So maybe it is game-worn?
                          Last edited by BU Fan 84; 12-22-2021, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I received an autographed Jack Eichel BU jersey as a gift today. I am hoping someone on here might be able to provide a little background info on it. It was purchased on eBay (it was authenticated by PSA/DNA, so no concerns there) so I imagine it might have changed hands over the course of the past several years. It has the blue puzzle piece on it for Autism Speaks and the HE patch. I know they raffled off autographed items for the charity, but did they raffle non-game-worn jerseys? This clearly was not game-worn as there are no marks on it (although some might argue it was since Eichel never hit anybody) and it was manufactured by SP, which I don't believe BU ever had a merchandise deal with? Would BU have a separate deal with SP for retail in Canada? If so, that seems odd because I can't imagine there are too many college hockey jerseys being sold in Canada. Anyone have any ideas? I just can't remember Autism Speaks jerseys being sold that were manufactured by this company.

Edit: I see on SP's website that they advertise deals with BU, MSU, and Miami. And my jersey does have a fight strap and my girlfriend thinks there are some faint marks on the white trim at the bottom of the jersey. So maybe it is game-worn?
                            Looking at the BU jerseys at Johnson's Jerseys it appears BU used SP for the 2012-13 season before switching to Warrior beginning with the 2013-14 season. I found a photo of Eichel wearing the red candy cane jersey and it had the Warrior logo on it. What color/version jersey do you have?

Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                              Looking at the BU jerseys at Johnson's Jerseys it appears BU used SP for the 2012-13 season before switching to Warrior beginning with the 2013-14 season. I found a photo of Eichel wearing the red candy cane jersey and it had the Warrior logo on it. What color/version jersey do you have?

Sean
                              It is red, and what I call their alternate jersey. Is that the candy cane one? It is the one pictured in this article. Mass. College Hockey: BU’s Eichel Signs With Buffalo Sabres – Noontime Sports

Comment

It is red, and what I call their alternate jersey. Is that the candy cane one? It is the one pictured in this article. Mass. College Hockey: BU’s Eichel Signs With Buffalo Sabres – Noontime Sports
                                As I understand it - that would be the “away” candy-cane.

Comment

Working...
                                X