This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    I just realized Brandon Yip is going to be an Olympian? Pretty cool, but the Chinese team is going to have an ugly tournament.
    Yip, who is in his second tour with Kunlan Red Star of the KHL, is likely to wear the C for China, which will be hammered by the U.S., Canada and Germany in the preliminary round. Herb Wakabayashi skated in three Olympics ('72, '76, '80) for Japan, which was on the wrong end of many lop-sided scores. (More about Yip on the blog).
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• #ProudToBU

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks...ge/c-328795010

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        Guessing you were directing us to the Zegras assist and not the Santa Ana Winter Village.

Asked what that move should be called, ESPN's Kevin Weekes said: "This is called 'The BU' 'cause he played his college hockey at BU for the Terriers." He also called it "the best assist I might have ever seen in the history of the National Hockey League."
        https://twitter.com/AnaheimDucks/status/1468443527176613888?s=20
        https://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/2...n-reverse.html
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Yip, who is in his second tour with Kunlan Red Star of the KHL, is likely to wear the C for China, which will be hammered by the U.S., Canada and Germany in the preliminary round. Herb Wakabayashi skated in three Olympics ('72, '76, '80) for Japan, which was on the wrong end of many lop-sided scores. (More about Yip on the blog).
          He is playing for China? Not to be alarmist nor to get political…. But with all we hear about human right violations etc… how safe is it for him to be doing so?

Comment

• The excitement for tonight's 285th edition of the Battle of Comm Ave. is palatable ;-)

Prior to 2020 I would've felt some combo of excitement / tension leading into any BU-BC game. All week I've felt indifferent. My strongest emotions are towards seeing them wear the throwback unis from BU's 1st season...

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
              The excitement for tonight's 285th edition of the Battle of Comm Ave. is palatable ;-)

Prior to 2020 I would've felt some combo of excitement / tension leading into any BU-BC game. All week I've felt indifferent. My strongest emotions are towards seeing them wear the throwback unis from BU's 1st season...
              Exactly how I feel. I’ve never felt this way about one of these games. With neither team being very good, it just seems like another game. Both teams are headed for a situation where the regular season doesn’t seem to matter as far as NCAA implications. More than likely each will have to win the Hockey East tournament to get in. Maybe when the puck drops I’ll feel a little differently. Unfortunately we have had very little success at Agganis against them - hard to think this year will be any different. We’ve played much better at Conte in recent years. Hoping for a good result regardless.

Comment

• Times have changed since the days of arguing with Chris!! about Pineault, Lovejoy, etc. And Gerbe vs. Lawrence. etc...
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• The season one uniforms….so cool.

Comment

• The amount of BC students that wound up in my row and in front of me aren’t wearing masks, even after I told them to.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post

So how do you enforce that? Blow the whistle and stop play? A team has worked for and achieved possession, explain a better way to change lines without risking losing the puck and giving up a possible odd man rush.
                      You don't enforce it because it won't happen.. Coaches are terrified of an odd man rush. So the mostly boring 3 on 3 OT will continue as is. Give the extra point to whoever possesses the puck more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        The amount of BC students that wound up in my row and in front of me aren’t wearing masks, even after I told them to.
                        The horror

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

The horror
                          Lol ”after she told them to”. I’m with you on that one Westy.

Comment

• BU came out skating and chasing the puck. Their forecheck was amazing. Then BU stopped skating and pressuring the puck half way through the second period. You do that and you open the door. And a team like BC is going to skate through that door every time. Another coaching failure in my book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              The amount of BC students that wound up in my row and in front of me aren’t wearing masks, even after I told them to.
                              This is one of the least surprising things I've ever read on this board.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
                                Another coaching failure in my book.
                                agreed embarrassing gutless collapse allowing 3 goals in 8 min to start the third period in your home rink against your biggest rival. See ya Albie hope to not see your face in 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                X