Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough to play so well all weekend and not come away with a win.

Question on the 3v3 OT - maybe someone know the answer so I don’t have to research - what happens if someone gets a penalty? I assume it can’t go to 3 on 2??

Edit - anyone have a memory from Friday night? What did Boicher do to earn a suspension? No penalty was called on the play. Article on USCHO was pretty vague.
    Last edited by ericredaxe; 11-20-2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Hey, what’s going on with Matt Brown? Totally forgot he was on the team till one of the announcers mentioned him.

Thinking they should spend some practice time on shoot out skills. Between tonight and last week against UMass, it’s apparent they need some work in that area.

Comment

• A penalty in 3 on 3 results in the other team adding a player to go 4 on 3.

I have no idea what's up with Brown other than apparently hurt. Players disappear from the lineup all the time and no one asks about it. It's ridiculously infuriating.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• That shootout performance is telling. Take away the 8 goal game vs Merrimack and thats 14 goals in 9 hockeyeast games

I liked it when Linehan would wag his finger and tell everyone to just wait until BU’s forwards get healthy as if we had a few 100 career points out of the lineup.

Comment

• [QUOTE=ericredaxe;n3695396]Tough to play so well all weekend and not come away with a win.

Question on the 3v3 OT - maybe someone know the answer so I don’t have to research - what happens if someone gets a penalty? I assume it can’t go to 3 on 2??

Edit - anyone have a memory from Friday night? What did Boicher do to earn a suspension? No penalty was called on the play. Article on USCHO was pretty vague.[/
            I believe that he mugged an NU skater and added injury to insult with some stick work to his opponents’s helmet. Nothing was called on the ice, but apparently the league reviewed the play and gave him the night off.’

Comment

• The coach must go.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Team is 1-5-2 in last 8 games and the one win was in the 3-3 tricked up OT format. They haven’t won a regulation game in a month. How does one keep their job with that record. Defenders on here who like to talk about “playing better” or “outshooting” opponents you are Charlie Brown and Albie keeps teeing up the football for you.
                Last edited by Jofa; 11-20-2021, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  The coach must go.
                  Another 2 out of 6 point weekend... Remember when BU used to have actual victories instead of moral victories? Maybe a coaching change could fix that up...

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ryecheers;n3695420]
                    Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Edit - anyone have a memory from Friday night? What did Boicher do to earn a suspension? No penalty was called on the play. Article on USCHO was pretty vague.[/
                    I believe that he mugged an NU skater and added injury to insult with some stick work to his opponents’s helmet. Nothing was called on the ice, but apparently the league reviewed the play and gave him the night off.’
                    I just dug it up through the video archives and he nailed an NU player by the boards who just had the puck by the boards. The timing looked good and while I wasn't able to slow it down, the league must have been able to and likely determined that the primary point of contact was the head. In real speed it looked like a forearm check but I could see if slowed down that it would be high. He actually had a monstrous hit earlier in the shift which I thought must have been the infraction (even though looked clean) when I was looking for it but the time didn't exactly line up.

I bet he goes major junior after this year. IIRC, his father had a tweet about lots of penalties called against him and can't see him or Ottawa wanting him to stay on Comm Ave. unless there are major changes in the program... Was talking with a fellow long time season ticket holder last week about potential new leadership and he didn't think Pandolfo was a done deal, and didn't think he should. I think half the battle is knowing how to run a college program. When I mentioned Steve Greeley's name, he lit up. Not sure if Greeley wants to get back to coaching at the collegiate level or what his relationship was with the athletic director. I remember him being an equally outstanding recruiter with a sound mind and strong communication skills without the "deer in the headlights" look. I feel bad writing this as I wouldn't want anyone plotting out the replacement for my job, but I guess it goes with the territory for a hanging-by-its-threads major D1 program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
                      That shootout performance is telling. Take away the 8 goal game vs Merrimack and thats 14 goals in 9 hockeyeast games

I liked it when Linehan would wag his finger and tell everyone to just wait until BU’s forwards get healthy as if we had a few 100 career points out of the lineup.
                      Seriously, BU doesn’t have 100 career points out of its roster
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• All you need to know about what the BU program has become. Hello Maine, UNH, Vermont.

”valiant” effort to come close to Northeastern not the Soviet Red Army hockey team.

DFP headline :

Men’s Hockey falls short in shootout to NU after valiant effort
                        In the final matchup of the two-game series the Terriers put together a cohesive and valiant performance, but fell short in the shootout.

Coach comments:

So, happy with our club––the way we played all weekend. If we continue to put periods together and games together we’re going to be on the right side of it.”

Comment

• Take the 8-goal outburst vs. Merrimack, and BU has scored 25 goals in 13 games. 1.92 goals/game isn't going to win any team many games.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ryecheers;n3695420]
                            Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            Tough to play so well all weekend and not come away with a win.

I think they go 4 on 3.
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                              Take the 8-goal outburst vs. Merrimack, and BU has scored 25 goals in 13 games. 1.92 goals/game isn't going to win any team many games.
                              The production just isn’t there from the forwards. Cockerill has 1 point this entire year. So many players underperforming. My hope is Matt brown comes back, lines get set and they can figure it out. Defense has been much better over the last 4 games vs top competition so that’s promising. They are limiting the odd man rushes and breakaways that they were giving up earlier in the season.

Comment

• Commesso was very good against Northeastern. The problem is that Levi was even better.
                                How many games has Levi stolen this season? Two this weekend, to start.

Northeastern was a mediocre team, outside of Levi. Their injured forwards surely will make them better. But they were there for the taking, and Levi said no.

Yes, BU has played better the past two weekends. But there should be no such thing as "moral" victories in a program with resources that should be doing so much better.

Comment

Working...
                                X