Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Listening to Albie afterwards: 1) taking the Cassidy approach on critiquing the goalie ("need to get some stops" or something like that) and 2) when asked if any more players might be available tonight (presumably meaning Tuch, OB, or Brown), he answered as if the question was "are you considering benching any players tomorrow based on their performance tonight?"

    I assume Duplissis will get the start tonight.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

    Comment


    • Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Listening to Albie afterwards: 1) taking the Cassidy approach on critiquing the goalie ("need to get some stops" or something like that) and 2) when asked if any more players might be available tonight (presumably meaning Tuch, OB, or Brown), he answered as if the question was "are you considering benching any players tomorrow based on their performance tonight?"

      I assume Duplissis will get the start tonight.
      That’s what I took out of it. Agree Duplissis will get the start tomorrow tonight. If he plays well, he will probably continue to play.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BU93 View Post

        That’s what I took out of it. Agree Duplissis will get the start tomorrow tonight. If he plays well, he will probably continue to play.
        goaltending isn’t the problem it’s awful defensive coverage in their zone. And lack of scoring. Never see a team hang out their goalies as this team does. Stop flying the Zone trying for a breakaway and defend. Then again that would be coaching and that’s what this team doesn’t have. I agree that vinny gets the nod but is doesn’t matter who is net if they play that poor defensively and can’t score.

        Comment


        • If Duplissis doesn't start tonight then Commesso has to have pictures.
          It Happened!!!!

          Comment


          • While I agree Vinny deserves the start tonight, that's as much because of his performance last year and Drew needing a break.

            More importantly, as others have noted, goaltending is not the problem. Making a switch tonight won't fix this team's issues, nor would (incorrectly) making a permanent switch in net. That would be the epitome of window-dressing.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

            Comment


            • Certainly agree goaltending is not the major issue on defense - blown coverage, positioning and poor decision making is. However, I expect a goaltender of Drew’s caliber to make some outstanding saves per game. He hasn’t done much of that this year. If we can win behind Duplessis for a time , for any reasons including intangibles, go with him. Something needs to spark the team. While I’m in favor of a coaching change, I am not willing to see this team flounder for the entire year just to ensure a change. We need to have some Terrier pride here.

              Comment


              • I've yet to see our goalie steal a game for us, which is what we desperately need right now. I don't blame him, as it's a team game, but I agree that Vinny deserves a couple of starts just to see what he can do. He was certainly respectable last year.

                I've been a season ticket holder for 30 years and, sadly, I now find myself going out of habit, loyalty, and something to do with my kids. I have no faith in the current coach's ability to right the ship, and I don't understand why the university is prolonging everybody's agony. Pandolfo did not leave the Bruins to be Albie's assistant for any length of time. Let's just do what must be done.

                Renewing my tickets has always been automatic. Never gave it a moment's thought. This is the first time I've ever thought "well, if BU doesn't care, why should I?"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BU93 View Post
                  Certainly agree goaltending is not the major issue on defense - blown coverage, positioning and poor decision making is. However, I expect a goaltender of Drew’s caliber to make some outstanding saves per game. He hasn’t done much of that this year. If we can win behind Duplessis for a time , for any reasons including intangibles, go with him. Something needs to spark the team. While I’m in favor of a coaching change, I am not willing to see this team flounder for the entire year just to ensure a change. We need to have some Terrier pride here.
                  Fair assessment. I give Vinnie the start and see what happens. I think Commesso has been very good considered the abysmal dzone coverage. I can remember one softie? The real issue is BU gives up grade A scoring changes way way way too often. Guys wide open out front. The lack of coaching is evident. Stop the flip off glass breakaway attempts and forwards leaving zone early. Other coaches are seeing this and picking off passes and odd man rushes come all the time. This team is out coached every night. No matter how much talent you have you need the coach to get the most out it and that aint happening.

                  Comment


                  • Commesso 100% stole the UConn road game. The team otherwise played like crap and he held UConn to one goal. Analyzing the correct move in goal is completely missing the thrust of the problems with this team. There is no cohesive offensive or defensive game plan. Five guys skate around who aren't in unison and look like they haven't practiced a damn thing. And it's not their fault - I'm of the belief that this roster is actually very talented and their record is not the result of the players' lack of effort or skill. They've been completely misguided.

                    The goaltending is the end result of those other deficiencies and not what needs fixing.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                    Comment


                    • I felt more confident in the 19-20 team than this team. They weren’t good but felt could win a game here and there against good teams. Haven’t seen any good play out of cockerill this year. Don’t know why they dress Kaufman sometimes. Just disappointing.

                      Comment


                      • Hot Take: If you gave Nate Leaman this roster, they'd win Hockey East.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                        Comment


                        • Not only is NMU wearing the 1991 style uniforms, they all took names and numbers of that team. Oh my, what a flashback!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Hot Take: If you gave Nate Leaman this roster, they'd win Hockey East.
                            That's the coach I'd get most excited about for sure (but I doubt it'd ever happen).

                            Comment


                            • We are only in early November and we are supposed just accept playing out the string with a lame duck coach in embarrassing fashion. There is no upside just downside to keep O’Connell on past this weekend. They need to change the culture and fast or they will be on their way to being a subpar program like UNH and Maine who haven’t been relevant in a decade plus.
                              Last edited by Jofa; 11-06-2021, 09:17 PM.

                              Comment


                              • One period in and 2 breakaways and another 2 on 1. Ridiculous.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X