X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Pickett
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Eric Lang is not someone that BU would look to hire.
    Because? And you know how?

By the way, Coach Lang just won his third straight league tournament title. While not as exclusive a club as four straight regular season titles, he is just the 11th coach to do that at the DI level. He is also just the second DI coach to win 3 straight tournament titles while also winning the regular season title, in his case 4 straight (due to the cancelled 2020 postseason). The only other DI coach to do so was Ned Harkness at Cornell.

Sean
    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-20-2022, 01:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I'll play along. BU makes it at 15 and draws Minnesota State/Michigan and gets pasted. Considering the expectations coming into the year, is your outlook even remotely different than not making tournament?
    Absolutely not.

Only posting it for the irony and to highlight the ridiculous PWR math adjustment.

Leave a comment:

• BU93
    replied
    Well, as was discussed in some posts earlier, just a few games cost us. Just a split with UMass-Lowell put us at 12 and in. Also sweeps against lowly Maine and Sacred Heart would put us at 14 and in. Last team in Northeastern had a .5431, right around the previous historical guarantee of .5430. Depressing, but life goes on.

I have enjoyed the lively discussion on the future of our head coaching position. Although we have had a great overall 2nd semester, the ending was again a dud like last year. This was a great roster this year with the mix of older upperclassman and talented young players and solid goaltending. I thought this team would be ideal at the start of the season for a run at a HE title and mid to high seed in the NCAA with a shot at the Frozen Four. If you can’t even make the tournament with this roster, you did something wrong. I’m in favor of a change. Just get it over with. Everyone says Albie’s strength is recruiting. Anyone can recruit at BU, let’s face it. The place sells itself. We’ve had plenty of good recruiters over the years. We need a team that starts better and finishes stronger. Will a change happen? In all honesty, I think probably not, but time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Eric Lang is not someone that BU would look to hire.
    If administrators at BC and BU have this simplistic approach and won't even give the guy a look or similar candidates they are all idiots.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Fun fact: If you change the PWR OT win rules back to how they were up until last year - and change no game results - BU is at 15 and in the tournament would be in if all three favorites win tonight.
    I'll play along. BU makes it at 15 and draws Minnesota State/Michigan and gets pasted. Considering the expectations coming into the year, is your outlook even remotely different than not making tournament?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X