BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

Pandolfo and Sacco are not going to leave the Bruins to be Albie's assistant. Quinn isn't coming back for that, either. Head coach or nothing for any of them.

I am surprised that Pearl left. I doubt Quesnelle would be moved up. I am a little surprised he is still here, and given his track record at Princeton, he would never be considered for head coach at BU.
    I thought that Pearl would be great for Albie, given his long experience as a head coach at Holy Cross and his involvement in Harvard's turnaround. I suspect he never had that influence.

Would BU consider Greg Brown for Pearl's position?
    If Pandolfo and Sacco wouldn't be Albie's assistant, why would Greg Brown? Isn't his stature in hockey circles greater than Albie's? Aside from the fact that he's a BC guy.

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

I’m only expecting potential candidates that are in the “BU family”. Whether they are coaching somewhere now, I wouldn’t expect it to be a big name or anyone that’s ever touched the NHL as an assistant or head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

Are you certain of the length of Albie's contract? If so, you're the first person I know of who is.
        Reported via Jeff Cox "Finding Pearl’s replacement won’t be an easy task for O’Connell, who has just one year left on his contract. If O’Connell is extended in the next few weeks, it will be easier for the Watertown, Mass., native to find a strong and willing candidate. The potential new assistant will have to weigh numerous factors, including O’Connell’s job status, when deciding whether or not to take the job at BU."

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Reported via Jeff Cox "Finding Pearl’s replacement won’t be an easy task for O’Connell, who has just one year left on his contract. If O’Connell is extended in the next few weeks, it will be easier for the Watertown, Mass., native to find a strong and willing candidate. The potential new assistant will have to weigh numerous factors, including O’Connell’s job status, when deciding whether or not to take the job at BU."
          Thank you.
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

If that's the case, would someone like Joe Pereira want to make that jump when Cav just got a lengthy contract extension at UConn? Maybe Pearl considered Albie's contract situation in deciding to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Sounds like Cox isn’t sold on Albie’s job security. Is that because there’s only one year left on the contract or does he have more info?

Comment

Not that i think either would come to be an assistant... but, Did Pandolfo or Sacco complete their degrees? I think that was a requirement when Albie was hired and I assume would still be now.

Comment

Originally posted by Section 6, Row S View Post

Sounds like Cox isn’t sold on Albie’s job security. Is that because there’s only one year left on the contract or does he have more info?
                  1 year left, plus Albie has not accomplished anything in his three years. Obvious that if this upcoming season is not a successful season, it will probably be his last as head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    If that's the case, would someone like Joe Pereira want to make that jump when Cav just got a lengthy contract extension at UConn? Maybe Pearl considered Albie's contract situation in deciding to leave.
                    I still am questioning Pearl's "decision to leave". I do not see any reason for a coach to leave, unless for another job. He has not been rumored for head coaching jobs (maybe Holy Cross... i forget). Either they let him go, or he is just hopping off the ship before it sinks to show he didn't get canned, just resigned. I also don't see Pereira leaving for Albie. Not worth the risk, especially being young he should stay at Uconn and see how the program progresses over there before leaving for a potential 1 year rental.

Comment

Is it possible Albie threw Pearl over the side in order to save the sinking ship that is his coaching career at BU? Also regarding the contract, I'm assuming Albie is signed for this current year and next year? As in a 5 year deal initially, but if he doesn't win any hardware this year it's doubtful he comes back for the final year?
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

If Pandolfo and Sacco wouldn't be Albie's assistant, why would Greg Brown? Isn't his stature in hockey circles greater than Albie's? Aside from the fact that he's a BC guy.

Brown is currently unemployed.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Not that i think either would come to be an assistant... but, Did Pandolfo or Sacco complete their degrees? I think that was a requirement when Albie was hired and I assume would still be now.
                          I recall reading that Pandolfo has completed his degree, but Sacco still has not. Anyone else remember reading something similar?

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            Jeff Cox reporting Paul Pearl no longer at BU
                            So, it's been a few days since the news was announced. Does anyone have any inside information or informed speculation why Pearl has departed?

Comment

Paul Pearl is a mysterious individual

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Paul Pearl is a mysterious individual
                                Remember, with assistant coaches, it’s all a lot of oysters, but no pearls. If you get the wrong one, it's a long December.

The Souza record:
                                15-16 10th place
                                16-17 10th place
                                17-18 11th place
                                18-19 8th place
                                19-20 9th place
                                20-21 10th place
                                21-22 9th place
                                22-23 10th place

Comment

Working...
                                X