Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    So these 8 that went in tonight……what happened? (mookie just woke up, so it’s a legit inquiry)
    Dylan Peterson had a hat trick. Ty Amonte playing in his first game in almost two years scores early in the first. Nick Zabaneh and Brian Carrabas scored their first goals as Terriers. Zabaneh’s goal was purrrty.

    Comment


    • Not feeling too confident after this one. Happy for the win and the 8 goals but had Merrimac started the 2nd goalie we may very well have lost. He gave up a Jason Tapp special for the 4th goal and got pulled half way through the 1st period, something I don't remember seeing in a long time. I'm the meantime they got lit up for 6 freaking goals?!? W T F?
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

      Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

      "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

        Dylan Peterson had a hat trick. Ty Amonte playing in his first game in almost two years scores early in the first. Nick Zabaneh and Brian Carrabas scored their first goals as Terriers. Zabaneh’s goal was purrrty.
        Hmmmm
        encouraging nonetheless while reading rover puppy’s damper….
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Not feeling too confident after this one. Happy for the win and the 8 goals but had Merrimac started the 2nd goalie we may very well have lost. He gave up a Jason Tapp special for the 4th goal and got pulled half way through the 1st period, something I don't remember seeing in a long time. I'm the meantime they got lit up for 6 freaking goals?!? W T F?
          You say jason tapp, i say brett bennett. Its all the same!

          Comment


          • It was kinda Red Sox-ish. Having to score many runs because their pitching was suspect. BU has a suspect defense and they finally had the offense last night. Eight goals should make me happy. I mean, the goals were nice. Was really excited to see Ty Amonte score. Still, when they scored to make it 8-5 with three minutes to go, one should not be as nervous as I was to have the game end.

            Comment


            • The big difference was BU used the wider rink to create more space and take advantage of their speed to find the open ice. At least that's what it looked like to me. They also put a lot more passes on sticks instead of skates, and also made more smart clears out of the zone using the glass.

              And you can all thank me for Peterson's outbreak. I brought my friend who is a die-hard Blues fan (they own his rights).
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

              Comment


              • It was very encouraging to see 8 goals, but that was a tough third period. MC was finding ways to score on the powerplay. Most were right around the net besides that gorgeous shot from the point.

                Comment


                • When Albie was asked about the penalties his team took throughout the game, I thought it was concerning that he referenced the analytic which told him that BU had possession of the puck for 70% of the game, therefore he was surprised his team was called for more penalties.

                  That stat has nothing to do with his team taking dumb, undisciplined penalties in the offensive zone. Even Bernie and Linehan were calling them out for taking stupid penalties.

                  Comment


                  • Colin Wilson with another powerful column in The Players Tribune. I really hope he continues to get the help he needs. I think knowing you need the help is the first step. He was such a force on that national championship team.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mike799 View Post

                      You say jason tapp, i say brett bennett. Its all the same!
                      Brett Bennett would have had his back to the play and looking into the net.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
                        That stat has nothing to do with his team taking dumb, undisciplined penalties in the offensive zone. Even Bernie and Linehan were calling them out for taking stupid penalties.
                        Lack of team discipline has a major problem from the start. For four seasons, really. THAT is on Albie. BU's team discipline simply isn't very good.

                        BTW, Bernie and Linehan make an excellent team. Bernie is a BU legend in his own right, and Linehan's understated sarcasm is usually humorous and spot on.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

                          BTW, Bernie and Linehan make an excellent team. Bernie is a BU legend in his own right, and Linehan's understated sarcasm is usually humorous and spot on.
                          I liked Tommy Ryan with Bernie, but completely agree. Linehan is hysterical and knows his stuff, hockey-wise. But haven't heard many trademark "No bueno"s from him this season. And there have been many places in games where that quip has fit.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Leonidas View Post

                            I liked Tommy Ryan with Bernie, but completely agree. Linehan is hysterical and knows his stuff, hockey-wise. But haven't heard many trademark "No bueno"s from him this season. And there have been many places in games where that quip has fit.
                            Tom Ryan was the best. He was very honest. Do we know why he stopped doing the broadcast?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mike799 View Post

                              Tom Ryan was the best. He was very honest. Do we know why he stopped doing the broadcast?
                              His kid is no longer here??? (Really now, like anyone needs another reason to put up with watching this stuff night after night?? (Token rover post))
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mike799 View Post

                                Tom Ryan was the best. He was very honest. Do we know why he stopped doing the broadcast?
                                He may still be coaching high school hockey, and could have too many scheduling conflicts? I think he was at Newton North?? But yes, very honest in his assessments.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X