No announcement yet.

BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So.....y'all sayin' Albie should've been ****canned yesterday? Huh..
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Bottom line: not good enough. Simply not good enough. Embarrassing really.

So little team discipline. So little cohesion. So many stupid penalties. And to make matters worse, they got out-hustled all evening by a clearly inferior team that is playing its THIRD GOALIE. Yeah, the first two guys are hurt, and they got beat by a guy in a white helmet that had trouble holding on to his stick.

Too much individual play. Too much running around. A defense constantly out-of-position.

Oh, there is talent on this team. But very little team disciple.

If this were LSU football, they'd already be calling for Albie's head. And he didn't win a national championship two years ago.

Talk is cheap. I don't want to hear about what a great week of practice the team had, or how they are holding themselves accountable ... and then see that kind of rubbish display against a team that may not have a single player that BU would have recruited except as a walk-on.

Out-hustled and out-thought by a lower-level Atlantic Hockey league team playing its third string goalie.

BTW, the 3,158 most likely includes the season ticket holders who decided to stay home and watch the Sox.

Many more games like tonight and even the empty seats will decide not to come.

Comment

• How come everyone in the building not playing has to wear masks, except for the Sacred Heart coaches? What makes them so special?
        Even the BU coaches are wearing masks. And based on the Friday night performance by the Terriers, Albie and company are lucky to be hiding behind masks.

Comment

• pando has got to go!!!! he shows up and sacred heart comes in and get a W?!?!?!? funk 'dat
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• There is no evidence to indicate this team is being coached. And that's been true for the past three years. My son-in-law coaches a prep school hockey team and they play with more discipline and purpose - actually have PLAYS - than what I've seen under Albie's tenure. Sad.

Comment

• Nobody benefits from Albie coaching the rest of the year. Not the school, not the hockey program, not the fans and not even Albie himself.

BU has to pay out his contract anyway, so that's a sunk cost. They already have the coach in waiting behind the bench so no issues there either.

I can't see the players benefitted from another year of this.

One positive I saw last week was more than usual students attending the game. That's not going into continue if the team can't win on it's home ice against anybody.

Finally Albie needs to end his time as a head coach because he's clearly over his head. Get back to being an assistant somewhere and start rebuilding his reputation. He'll still get his money so that's not a problem. Otherwise I foresee an ugly ending this year as the players tune him out knowing he's a dead man walking as coach.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Also, the swear chanting by the student section needs to stop.
                There was a LOT of that at BC last night as well. I appreciated the crowd and the atmosphere, but I had my 8 year old nephew with me and could have done without some of that.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post

There was a LOT of that at BC last night as well. I appreciated the crowd and the atmosphere, but I had my 8 year old nephew with me and could have done without some of that.
                  The last time that happened I know York put a statement together for the students. I wouldn't expect it to continue.

Comment

• I have often wondered what it would be like if we just said "there are no 'bad' words anymore". Why are "bad" words considered "bad"? It would certainly relieve a lot of stress if we didn't have to go around policing our kids, the public, etc.

Just kind a of a strange concept when you really think about it.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• File this in the petty peccadillo category:

Can BU really not figure out cash register programming so the loyalty card will give a discount on food but not on beer in the same transaction?

Last night when I bought my cold chicken fingers with soggy French fries and warm beer it had to be rung up in two separate transactions in order to use my loyalty card thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        I have often wondered what it would be like if we just said "there are no 'bad' words anymore". Why are "bad" words considered "bad"? It would certainly relieve a lot of stress if we didn't have to go around policing our kids, the public, etc.

Just kind a of a strange concept when you really think about it.
                        This is deep. Too deep for this board...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          ...the swear chanting by the student section needs to stop.
                          Check your social media account of choice. GenZ types use the F-bomb more than they do "please" and "thank you." It's not just the BU students.

"Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Nobody benefits from Albie coaching the rest of the year. Not the school, not the hockey program, not the fans and not even Albie himself.
                            Agreed end it now rather than going through 5+ months of this and the inevitable firing. There are very few of us that could perform like this in our professions and retain our jobs for more than a year or two. College hockey has turned into win now maybe 2 years tops. There is no time to rebuild with the 1 or 2 year players leaving each year . It’s a short shelf life to succeed. Albie ran out of chances 2 years ago and he’s still here. Last year was an anomaly with the short season and lack of league playoffs and even that wasn’t great.

Comment

• Just switched over from the Sox to the streaming.

Is it me, or is there NO ONE there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
                                Just switched over from the Sox to the streaming.

Is it me, or is there NO ONE there?
                                It's 15% full. The bad news is having seen BC Northeastern last night, I am pretty sure this BU team is just not too good. They are winning but are losing in so many ways...it's like watching paint dry. My nephew is now the back up Goalie for SH. Just hoping he gets in.
                                Last edited by RossiRules; 10-16-2021, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X