BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I get what you are saying, but the reality is we are not going to get UND, Michigan or Denver here every year. Those trips cost a lot and each of those teams has their own scheduling challenges to deal with as well.

Over time, I think BU has done a good job on the schedule blending a mix of national recognition, high PWR and novelty in.
    I agree with that in previous years but think it changed when Albie became coach
    I'm not sure how much sway he has in schedule or how much A.D. helps arrange schedule
    What has changed it the relationships both previous coaches had with other teams coaches in helping arranging matchups

Comment

• I don't spend too much time thinking about the scheduling, but I am in the camp that if Michigan, North Dakota, Wisconsin, etc. are coming to town - those are games that I am blocking on the calendar. If it's St. Lawrence, Brown, Sacred Heart, etc. I'll wait and see what I am doing that night and maybe decide to go. The old days of the interlocking schedule with the WCHA were an added level of excitement to the schedule, because three or four of those teams were always near the top of the rankings. Remember when Jack Eichel's former agent shut-out Hobey winner Robb Stauber? Or thumping Wisconsin 10-6 (or something like that) to signal that a to-that-point disappointing season might hold some promise?
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
        I don't spend too much time thinking about the scheduling, but I am in the camp that if Michigan, North Dakota, Wisconsin, etc. are coming to town - those are games that I am blocking on the calendar. If it's St. Lawrence, Brown, Sacred Heart, etc. I'll wait and see what I am doing that night and maybe decide to go. The old days of the interlocking schedule with the WCHA were an added level of excitement to the schedule, because three or four of those teams were always near the top of the rankings. Remember when Jack Eichel's former agent shut-out Hobey winner Robb Stauber? Or thumping Wisconsin 10-6 (or something like that) to signal that a to-that-point disappointing season might hold some promise?
        For sure, seeing a UND or Michigan etc on the schedule adds some extra excitement and is a big draw. We will see those teams here again, but it just won't be every year.

On another note, it looks like our friends up the road are going to be requiring either proof of vaccine or negative test within 72 hours prior to attend games. I wonder if Agganis will adopt the same policy?

Comment

• Pre-sale for Red Hot Hockey starts today per an email from BU Ticket office.

With the ongoing discussion about the schedule, I wonder if people would prefer that this move away from Madison Square Garden and to alternating home sites which would get Cornell at Aggains once every 4 years? (Not that it would ever happen as I imagine it is pretty profitable at MSG)

Comment

Pre-sale for Red Hot Hockey starts today per an email from BU Ticket office.

With the ongoing discussion about the schedule, I wonder if people would prefer that this move away from Madison Square Garden and to alternating home sites which would get Cornell at Aggains once every 4 years? (Not that it would ever happen as I imagine it is pretty profitable at MSG)
            Ticketmaster: Internet pre-sale begins at Noon today. Onsale to the general public begins at Noon tomorrow.
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Due to border restrictions, the Oct. 2 home exhibition against McGill is replaced by one with Holy Cross. 7:30 p.m. at Walter Brown.

https://goterriers.com/news/2021/9/2...-schedule.aspx
              https://goterriers.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/schedule

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                Due to border restrictions, the Oct. 2 home exhibition against McGill is replaced by one with Holy Cross. 7:30 p.m. at Walter Brown.

https://goterriers.com/news/2021/9/2...-schedule.aspx
                https://goterriers.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/schedule
                Over / Under on attendance?

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  Remember when Jack Eichel's former agent shut-out Hobey winner Robb Stauber?
                  Not anymore. Eichel fired him. What a mess that whole thing is. I'm legit concerned that he won't play at all this season.

I have circled October 2nd on the calendar and plan on being there with 400 of my closest friends.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

• David Quinn and John Hynes join Mike Sullivan's US Olympics staff. NHL-NHLPA agreement allows pros to participate.
                    http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/20...c-staff-6.html

BU athletics posted this Quinn-to-Sullivan blast from the past.
                    https://twitter.com/TerrierHockey/st...784083456?s=20

Last edited by Rogie21; 09-04-2021, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Over / Under on attendance?
                      Over/Under on number of food stands open?

On attendance, I'm thinking this might be the year to reduce the pricing for club seats...
                      "What about my asthma?"
                      "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

• Will this game at Walter Brown be a general admission for STH's?
                        Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Not anymore. Eichel fired him.
                          Well, I did say former agent... :-)

Comment

• Funny how times have changed. I know Parker hated Midnight Madness, but man, for the few years the team held their first practice at the earliest allowable hour (which happened to coincide with my youthful days so I would attend), those were pretty cool events. I know they got a little awkward once the practice actually started, but I did enjoy the pump-up atmosphere. Then Parker stopped doing them since the number of days before the first game kept shrinking, and each practice was critical. And then more recently, the NCAA has become more flexible and I believe sets a number of hours per week for a couple weeks.

Anyway, just a random thought as we get closer and closer to the start of the season.

Comment

• BU introduced its 100th season logo today, along with a video featuring images of early BU teams and video clips from five NCAA championship game wins. https://twitter.com/i/status/1436054193505128467

Comment

• As a die hard Maine fan I disliked the Bavis Brothers, but that changed 20 years ago today RIP Mark.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X