This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Spot on. The AD does not come off well from this process.

Chasing down the Quinn pipe dream?
    Dean hasn’t been impressive from day 1. Wasn’t it said here way back that Quinn “hired” Dean? That was his boy.
    quinn didn’t want to deal with FOH anymore so Dean folded that into terrier pride. Why then wouldn’t Dean hold out to hire back his rabbi?
    BU should be looking for a new AD honestly. The fact we still have the same is damning as a competent guy or gal would have moved on to a bigger program by now (the same way bc loses exec to bigger program schools).
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

As previously mentioned - they can have a plan that they are passing the torch to Jay, but still go through a process of interviews etc to make sure it is the right decision.
      Yes, they can but at some point you take too long and I think we're reaching/reached that point. If they love Jay, then you get "married" - why be slow footed with it?

With each passing day, I think it's not Jay but if it is Jay then I think it means no other strong/more qualified candidates wanted the job and/or could come to pay terms. We shall see.

Comment

• If I was the AD and felt Pandolfo was the leading candidate I would absolutely interview other candidates to makes sure that I was choosing the right guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
          If I was the AD and felt Pandolfo was the leading candidate I would absolutely interview other candidates to makes sure that I was choosing the right guy.
          Right - especially after perhaps having a sense that you hired the wrong guy the last time around.

i admit it is taking longer than I thought it would though. I remember I was predicting a day that was only a couple of weeks after Albie was let go. (Before Jeff Cox article with the HR issue delay)

We have to hear soon right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

As previously mentioned - they can have a plan that they are passing the torch to Jay, but still go through a process of interviews etc to make sure it is the right decision.
            That's ultimately what I think happened. Kick the tires on Hastings/Leaman which apparently they did and if you can't work something out with one of them, Pandolfo is still there waiting for the job. You guys would know better than me but I would assume BU wasn't willing to pay what it would take for those other guys rather than getting blowback from alums on how they want a BU guy getting the job.

Comment

• Who is Dean?

Also, while I'm not trying to defend this process, it is still a hiring process that one has to go through. It may just be a glacially slow University HR process/policy and no amount of pushing from the Athletic Department will make it go any faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Who is Dean?

Also, while I'm not trying to defend this process, it is still a hiring process that one has to go through. It may just be a glacially slow University HR process/policy and no amount of pushing from the Athletic Department will make it go any faster.
                And in the end I am not sure how much the delayed hire has even mattered long-term. Has there been a mass exodus of players/decommits? Due diligence and exploring all your options to ensure you are getting the best possible candidate you can attract/afford is worth losing players in the short term. Short term pain for long term gain.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

And in the end I am not sure how much the delayed hire has even mattered long-term. Has there been a mass exodus of players/decommits? Due diligence and exploring all your options to ensure you are getting the best possible candidate you can attract/afford is worth losing players in the short term. Short term pain for long term gain.
                  Agreed. BC also doesn't have a head coach. #WeAreBU&BC
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

That's ultimately what I think happened. Kick the tires on Hastings/Leaman which apparently they did and if you can't work something out with one of them, Pandolfo is still there waiting for the job. You guys would know better than me but I would assume BU wasn't willing to pay what it would take for those other guys rather than getting blowback from alums on how they want a BU guy getting the job.
                    I think to say "can't work something out with them" and to say that Pando would "still be waiting for the job" would indicate they thought they want one of them more than Pando - which may not be the case at all - but if they are doing proper due diligence they are still going to talk to people. They just as easily could have spoken to either one of them and decided that neither was the right fit for the job for reasons other than pay.

Comment

• That's fair. My opinion would be if you have a legit shot at Hastings/Leaman, do everything you can to make it happen as their track record makes them better choices than Pandolfo. From a BC perspective I appear to be in the minority in wanting BC to seal the deal with Leaman instead of Greg Brown.

Comment

That's fair. My opinion would be if you have a legit shot at Hastings/Leaman, do everything you can to make it happen as their track record makes them better choices than Pandolfo. From a BC perspective I appear to be in the minority in wanting BC to seal the deal with Leaman instead of Greg Brown.
                        Agree - Jay is unproven and the other experienced head coaches bring bandied about aren't unproven...

I'd be shocked if this was about money (unless Drew, who is the AD) has totally botched up communications about salary (I'm not a fan of how this is being managed, but I'll give him that). You don't get to the point of second discussions with candidates only to find out they couldn't come to terms on money. These coaches are sophisticated, have agents/attorneys that are involved, etc and are high level professionals that are always thinking about their next move (i.e. money, status, family situation, etc).

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...
                        Last edited by Terrier86; 05-05-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Globe is reporting that Jay Pandolfo has been named head coach...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                            Globe is reporting that Jay Pandolfo has been named head coach...
                            Who saw that coming, wow ...
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Arguably just as important, Mike McMahon's newsletter last night said Joe Pereira is the leading candidate to become the next associate HC and backfill Jay's position.

He'd be a phenomenal addition to the staff and complement Jay's skills. Joe's done an amazing job recruiting at UConn.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Who saw that coming, wow ...
                                That the Globe would break it? Agreed. : )

https://twitter.com/GlobeMahoney/sta...Gjzy3f08LG5Mhg
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X