BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Seemed an appropriate time to turn page on the COVID-19 season thread and move on.

Has Matt Brown's transfer from UMass Lowell been made official?

Comment

From the excellent Terrier Hockey blogspot:

Eight future Terrier skaters and one future netminder are on NHL Central Scouting’s final rankings of North Americans for the 2021 draft:Tyler Boucher #25, Roman Schmidt #58, Jack Harvey #98, Shane Lachance #110, Charles-Alexis Legault #123, Quinn Hutson #177, Nick Roukounakis #184, Jeremy Wilmer #194 and Anton Castro #14-goalie.

Boucher, Schmidt, Legault and Wilmer are 2021 recruits. However, Wilmer was drafted by USHL Waterloo today in the first round of the league’s Phase II draft—third overall. A diminutive right-shot forward, Wilmer was fifth in scoring for the NTDP U18s with an 11-25-36 line despite missing 13 games with injuries.
      2022 recruit Jack Musa also was selected in the Phase II draft, ninth overall by Madison. The 5’8” forward played last season for the NAHL Odessa Jackalopes, scoring 17 points in 34 games. Previously, he played at Trinity Pawling and for the North Jersey Avalanche 16U AAA as a teammate of Castro and 2022 recruit Lane Hutson.
      2023 recruit Ryan Fine was selected for the 2021-22 NTDP U17 team, following evaluation camp. A right-shot forward, Fine played for Don Bosco Prep in New Jersey and for the Mid-Fairfield Rangers 15U team.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
        Has Matt Brown's transfer from UMass Lowell been made official?
        Been confirmed from sources such as Divver. Also on eliteprospects. Won't be "official" till its announced from BU Hockey Twitter, or when the roster/next newsletter comes out.

Comment

So are we not going to have a Wilmer Skoog and a Jeremy Wilmer on the same team? Seems like either he was told or feels he needs another year of development, given how high he was drafted by the USHL. And then that begs the question - will he still come to BU after that extra year? I know this transition from last season to next is the craziest in history, so I suspect there will be many deferrals, which could result in new commitments...
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Red Hot Hockey is on this year. Believe we have 2 open OOC games because it looks like we’re not playing Alaska.

Comment

Jeff Cox reporting Paul Pearl no longer at BU

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                Buccigross reported that "Pearl decided to move on". Guessing school let him go because usually they would leave for another job. IMO, this is good for BU. I wasn't a fan of Pearl and didn't think he was a good coach. Wonder who the next Associate will be. Not sure if Quesnelle will be promoted. I'm hoping they bring in someone that could possibly take over the program, if this year is average. Just anything to get Albie uncomfortable, or motivated to at least accomplish something.
                Last edited by hydrant; 06-03-2021, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hydrant View Post
                  Red Hot Hockey is on this year. Believe we have 2 open OOC games because it looks like we’re not playing Alaska.
                  According to Cornell's schedule on their website, the venue is "TBA". The listed time is 8:00 PM which indicates MSG, though.
                  Last edited by buoldtimer; 06-04-2021, 05:51 PM.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                    Paul Pearl is tough to figure out

Comment

Is Greeley still unemployed?

Comment

Am I the only one thinking something big is going to happen with the coaching situation? Albie has only one more year left....Quinn available....others such as Pandolfo and Sacco could be available.....Pearl leaves...just odd.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Is Greeley still unemployed?
                          I think he's kind of in management mode now. Colby Cohen suggested pilfering Joe Perreira from UConn.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                            Am I the only one thinking something big is going to happen with the coaching situation? Albie has only one more year left....Quinn available....others such as Pandolfo and Sacco could be available.....Pearl leaves...just odd.
                            Are you certain of the length of Albie's contract? If so, you're the first person I know of who is.
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                              Pandolfo and Sacco are not going to leave the Bruins to be Albie's assistant. Quinn isn't coming back for that, either. Head coach or nothing for any of them.

I am surprised that Pearl left. I doubt Quesnelle would be moved up. I am a little surprised he is still here, and given his track record at Princeton, he would never be considered for head coach at BU.
                              I thought that Pearl would be great for Albie, given his long experience as a head coach at Holy Cross and his involvement in Harvard's turnaround. I suspect he never had that influence.

Would BU consider Greg Brown for Pearl's position?

Comment

Working...
                              X