New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Those renderings in color looks much better. In fact I would be in favor of outlining as you have in the first example with the full stick done in the outline color as you have in the second example. Then black or white edging (contrasting the jersey body color) around everything.

I was assuming a single color design, because if you are doing multiple colors like the second example, there is no reason to not bring the tip of the stick blade to the top of the "A". Maybe the proportions would be a little off, but in a one-color design you would lose the visual that it was a hockey stick if they didn't keep it separate.
    I spent some more time (probably too much time but something to think about instead of the season not starting) on this to see how it would look on a jersey. I don't know if they actually plan to color in the stick or not, but overall I think it'll work on a jersey no matter what they decide, even if they do go cheap with one color.

Comment

• Good article over on CHN about St Thomas and it gives some nCCHA news at the bottom.

Looks the nCCHA and B1G are working towards an officiating agreement, officiating consortium, could be interesting for the nCCHA as the B1G is a way more end to end, skating league than the current WCHA is. Which tends to be more, should we say, "defensive minded" to stay away from phrases that have negative connotations........

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...gates-Move.php

Comment

• Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
        stay away from phrases that have negative connotations...
        We can add "re-constituted" to that list. Whoever first penned that for the CCHA as a description of the new conference should be fired immediately. We already get called WCHA leftovers enough as it is.
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Don Lucia was on NHL Network last night and had a long discussion about the league.

Of note: 26 league games is the schedule for next year. Some schools wanted 24, others wanted 28. Settled for the in-between. That will leave four open weekends (eight games) for non-conference scheduling (34 games NCAA max, without the Alaska exemption).

So... thinking of the scheduling matrix, it sounds like it's unbalanced.

Here's the whole clip..

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...03260697937013
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Don Lucia was on NHL Network last night and had a long discussion about the league.
            Of note: 26 league games is the schedule for next year. it sounds like it's unbalanced.
            Well we're making dumb decisions right out of the gate I see. Two games short of a balanced schedule, why on earth would you go with 26? Hopefully that changes year two.

I get that teams what to play more non-conference games and there is a cap at 34 without exemptions. Teams need to get more creative and start to pair up when they go on the road. Two CCHA teams playing two different teams, for one game each. For example bring two teams from out East to the UP. They play NMU one night and MTU the second night or LSSU / Ferris, BGSU / Ferris, Mankato / St Thomas, Bemidji / St Thomas.

I'm sure the eight NC games was desired so we can play at least four teams outside the conference. Working as pairs would allow CCHA teams to get in games against 8 different non-conference teams. We wanted, and got, a more compact conference geography. Now we need to start using that to our advantage.

Comment

Well we're making dumb decisions right out of the gate I see. Two games short of a balanced schedule, why on earth would you go with 26? Hopefully that changes year two.

I get that teams what to play more non-conference games and there is a cap at 34 without exemptions. Teams need to get more creative and start to pair up when they go on the road. Two CCHA teams playing two different teams, for one game each. For example bring two teams from out East to the UP. They play NMU one night and MTU the second night or LSSU / Ferris, BGSU / Ferris, Mankato / St Thomas, Bemidji / St Thomas.

I'm sure the eight NC games was desired so we can play at least four teams outside the conference. Working as pairs would allow CCHA teams to get in games against 8 different non-conference teams. We wanted, and got, a more compact conference geography. Now we need to start using that to our advantage.
              Especially considering just how many schools are are in the greater Boston area alone, it wouldn't be a big stress at having to travel between cities, hotels, etc.
              LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Deman View Post

Especially considering just how many schools are are in the greater Boston area alone, it wouldn't be a big stress at having to travel between cities, hotels, etc.
                Three teams in Minnesota. How do you pair them up? Or does an eastern team play Tech & Bemidji, with a 7 hour trip between them, which adds an extra day to the trip?
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Three teams in Minnesota. How do you pair them up? Or does an eastern team play Tech & Bemidji, with a 7 hour trip between them, which adds an extra day to the trip?
                  Trade Miami for Minnesota State?

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    St Thomas would be the partner for two pairs - Bemidji / St Thomas and Mankato / St Thomas.

I'm not talking an interlocked schedule or anything firm like that. I couldn't picture this happening more than one or two series a year so its not like every CCHA pairing needs to be unique, without duplication of teams. The same would be true for Ferris. They could be in two pairs as well: LSSU / Ferris and Ferris / BGSU.

Comment

St Thomas would be the partner for two pairs - Bemidji / St Thomas and Mankato / St Thomas.

I'm not talking an interlocked schedule or anything firm like that. I couldn't picture this happening more than one or two series a year so its not like every CCHA pairing needs to be unique, without duplication of teams. The same would be true for Ferris. They could be in two pairs as well: LSSU / Ferris and Ferris / BGSU.
                      BG used to do this with Michigan. I want to say they arranged it with Notre Dame a time or two also. I think the eastern teams were BU/BC once, and I seem to remember Colgate and Clarkson. Pretty sure Miami and Ohio State have done this recently as well. A little cooperation between the western leagues would go a long ways to seeing different teams.

Single game series are very advantageous when it comes to Pairwise, provided you win.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post

BG used to do this with Michigan. I want to say they arranged it with Notre Dame a time or two also. I think the eastern teams were BU/BC once, and I seem to remember Colgate and Clarkson. Pretty sure Miami and Ohio State have done this recently as well. A little cooperation between the western leagues would go a long ways to seeing different teams.

Single game series are very advantageous when it comes to Pairwise, provided you win.
                        Before the virus, I think Notre Dame was planning on doing this with Lake State and another school. Northern Michigan maybe?

Comment

• I remember, way back in the day at the old Lakeview, Hockey East used to pair up and we would split with Tech. I remember Providence/Northeastern and Maine/New Hampshire coming in to Marquette. I could have the teams jumbled, but I know we used to do it every year.
                          “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                          – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                          when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Working...
                          X