New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post

Well, since the league doesn’t yet have a staff hired, who would you have liked to do it?
    Did you miss the part where I suggested BGSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
      People are pretty defensive about Northern in this thread. It’s OK to admit they did a subpar job. I mean look at that video starting out with some random guy and then cutting to someone’s dining room and then getting to see Lucia’s ceiling.

I suggested BGSU handle it because they are Division 1 and I assumed they had better capability to handle this moment than the other schools would have. Just because it’s a new league doesn’t mean we have to accept looking dumb.
      I don't know about being D1 necessarily giving us the requisite skills, but we do have a Media and Communication school that's cranked out some well known folks including Mike "Doc" Emrick (who got his nickname while at BG), Jay Crawford from ESPN, Everett Fitzhugh,Steve Hartman on CBS News (I used to wash dishes with this guy in the frat house).

I didn't think the Lucia unveiling was all that bad. And I wouldn't blame Northern, I'd look at that Dr. Murray Katz guy (or whatever his name is) for not being prepared. This wouldn't be the first time the "fit and finish" on this league wasn't exactly where it should be. Hopefully tDon will get on top of that.

Comment

the announcement was terrible technology- and professionalism-wise. but hey it goes right along the media-materials produced for the hiring of the commissioner. mr. (sorry ain't calling you dr.) morris kurtz; please come back from the '80s. yahoo account? resume in word format? the only thing missing was his pager number. anyway...

hate to break it to us but... subpar all the way around. just like most of the teams in the WCHA, and really, the CCHA-to-be.

but what ****es me off is that there is no excuse for it. easy stuff to do right... put on a good show; and they just can't do it.

the product on the ice will -never- be decent if these little things can't be handled in the correct manner.

lucia at least has seen, and dealt with, better stuff... so here is hoping we move on for the preferable.

and looks like there will be an eight team... who?

MU? UST? UAH? RMU, or another AHA school?

of these only UST fits within the footprint...

and it scares the crap out of me that we'll screw this up as well.

GO TECH GOLD!
        Last edited by DrunkTrainPolka; 06-18-2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Welcome St Thomas as the 8th member!

"While this legislation is under consideration, the Council indicated it would be receptive to a formal waiver request from Division III St. Thomas (Minnesota) and the Summit League that would allow the school to begin the reclassification process."

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...ome-di-members
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass
          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

They did?
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
              Welcome St Thomas as the 8th member!
              Moving up with a D-3 team with galoshes, Don't need no far away D-1 flip flops, just need a bus with chains ....Hmmmm. Wonder if that one in alaska .... the Magic bus might be for sale?
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post

Moving up with a D-3 team with galoshes, Don't need no far away D-1 flip flops, just need a bus with chains ....Hmmmm. Wonder if that one in alaska .... the Magic bus might be for sale?
                Pretty please. Tell me what Anchorage/Fairbanks offers over St Thomas to anyone outside Alaska.
                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                ECAC:
                HEA: UMass
                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post

Hahahahahahaha! Sounds about right! I do wish St. Thomas a smooth & quick jump to D1.
                  Last edited by Sol Diablo; 06-19-2020, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Are we all forgetting the sound thrashing the NCHC took from this board during their Commissioner announcement when they had a Kinko's banner with just the acronym of their name spelled out out? Or how the high point of the announcement was that there was punch and cookies available to the media following it? Or that Colorado College hosted all the streaming video?

In the midst of a global pandemic, I'm quite fine with a Zoom conference for this.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• I'd like to add to my prior post that there was a reason the NCHC was nicknamed the Motel 6 conference; partially because of the six initial teams, mostly because of the low-rent production to start.
                      Last edited by aparch; 06-20-2020, 10:42 AM.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• https://***********/USCHO/status/1308490673579012099

New logo with a hockey stick A!

Comment

• It's pretty good, but being one solid color with no detail, it has that air of "cheapness" about it that I thought the teams were trying to put behind them.

"We need a new logo for the league, but I don't want one that will require more than one color of thread for embroidered applications. They charge extra for additional colors you know and we're on a tight budget..."
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            It's pretty good, but being one solid color with no detail, it has that air of "cheapness" about it that I thought the teams were trying to put behind them.

"We need a new logo for the league, but I don't want one that will require more than one color of thread for embroidered applications. They charge extra for additional colors you know and we're on a tight budget..."
                            I'd assume they would want to have team color versions. I put this together in Laker blue and gold to see how it might look.

Comment

• Those renderings in color looks much better. In fact I would be in favor of outlining as you have in the first example with the full stick done in the outline color as you have in the second example. Then black or white edging (contrasting the jersey body color) around everything.

I was assuming a single color design, because if you are doing multiple colors like the second example, there is no reason to not bring the tip of the stick blade to the top of the "A". Maybe the proportions would be a little off, but in a one-color design you would lose the visual that it was a hockey stick if they didn't keep it separate.
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Kurtz inked the branding contract with Bosack. Looking at their previous work I guess I was envisioning something more...inspiring?

https://www.joebosack.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X