No announcement yet.

WIS Productions Presents ... The Effingwoods Hockey Almanac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, but the indignity of the ads that are embedded in this thread, and others. Sad.

Comment

WIS: (incredulous) Is that ... you?!?!?
      WSW: Who'd you expect - the Pop 'N Fresh Doughboy??
      WIS: Jeezus H ... it's been, what ... 20 years now?
      WSW: Just over a month from now, actually ...
      WIS: ... time flies, you blink, and ...
      WSW: ... you were always pretty good at math.
      WIS: I gotta tellya ... the old place, it ain't the same since you left, that's for sure ...
      WSW: I see you had to eat massive crow over the whole BC/Yorkie dynasty thing.
      WIS: True. Not a lot of fun, but ...
      WSW: ... the guy and his program deserved it.
      WIS: Yeah, I suppose so.
      WSW: But boring as he11. Not exactly the life of the party, eh?
      WIS: True and true. Not the human lightning rod you were, back in the day ...
      WSW: So, let's cut the small talk ... you seem to be looking for answers ...
      WIS: (surprised) Since when were you the "cut to the chase" type? You used to go on and on and ...
      WSW: This eternity stuff is WAY overrated. I got things to see, people to do ...

WIS: OK, so then ... what's happened to Hockey East, y'know, since your ...
      WSW: Demise? Passing?? Ascension???
      WIS: Whatever you prefer ...
      WSW: I like "ascension" personally. Seems fitting.
      WIS: Then feel free to roll with that ...
      WSW: NOTHING happened.
      WIS: ???????????????
      WSW: Don't just stand there looking stupid. NOTHING happened. A whole pile of NOTHING actually.
      WIS: Go on, o Great One ...
      WSW: Remember when I was still in my mortal coil? The story lines were endless, weren't they?
      WIS: True.
      WSW: You even had to look up Overland Park on Google to keep track, ferchrissakes ...
      ((JC)): (a distant echo) Watch it there, kiddo. That's against The Rules up here!!
      WSW: (momentarily apologetic) ... oops, sorry, Big Guy. Forgot! Anyway ...
      WIS: Wow ... so you actually made it to THE SHOW?!?!?
      WSW: Not quite, actually this is Purgatory. Kinda like the Lowell of the Afterlife ...
      WIS: So ... where were we ...
      WSW: ... anyway, yeah, back in the day, I'd be doing my thing, Jackie P. would be doing his thing ...
      WIS: Water bottles, illegal sticks, inviting HEA officiating staff to personal cookouts, yada yada ...
      WSW: You're not seeing that anymore, eh? Even the student sections can't curse anymore ...
      WIS: ... and the stuff on the USCHO boards is also turned WAY down.
      WSW: Yeah, I noticed.
      WIS: You still follow this crap?
      WSW: Sure, why not? Great daily affirmation, seeing the old place Downeast pining for my return ...
      WIS: Isn't that the truth ...
      WSW: ... plus you and that Greg guy, always whining about the good ol' days ... priceless.
      WIS: My turn to cut to the chase then ... will we ever get it back???
      WSW: (laughing) Well, I'm good, even great ... but not reincarnation great, y'know?
      WIS: Figured that much.
      WSW: And Jackie P. looks like he's permanent persona non grata at his old place ...
      WIS: ... so what's the solution then, O Farsighted Great One Above All Former Mortals?
      WSW: (blushing) Well, first, you gotta flush the stupid social media dorks buried in their phones ...
      WIS: With you on that ...
      WSW: ... and there's this one guy out there who I think could really jazz up the old place ...
      WIS: (sitting on pins & needles) Who? How? When???

Stay tuned for the continuation of this Beyond Epic Interview in the coming days ...

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
      X