Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    REf, I believe that you where the last one to reference hockey, does anyone know the status of Joe Sacco? In October he was listed as a Junior even though he was in his 4th year. Assumed that he perhaps was granted a red shirt year due to injury. Now if you look to different roster sources he is alternately listed as a junior or a senior? While it is not a huge issue it might effect next years roster decisions. I am betting he worked his way into some money but certainly don't know. Always liked his effort and he was always very responsible on the ice. Appeared to make up for his lack of top level skill with heads up responsible play. Just my take and paired with a couple of others could have helped make a respectable 4th liner if they were ever given enough ice time to gain confidence etc.
    perhaps he is will be in the transfer portale for his 5th year as he did not appear at senior night.
    My understanding is that he earned a medical redshirt just like Grasso. They should both be seniors for the 2020-21 season.

Hockey discussion can be quite refreshing.
    UNH

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
      REf, I believe that you where the last one to reference hockey, does anyone know the status of Joe Sacco? In October he was listed as a Junior even though he was in his 4th year. Assumed that he perhaps was granted a red shirt year due to injury. Now if you look to different roster sources he is alternately listed as a junior or a senior? While it is not a huge issue it might effect next years roster decisions. I am betting he worked his way into some money but certainly don't know. Always liked his effort and he was always very responsible on the ice. Appeared to make up for his lack of top level skill with heads up responsible play. Just my take and paired with a couple of others could have helped make a respectable 4th liner if they were ever given enough ice time to gain confidence etc.
      perhaps he is will be in the transfer portale for his 5th year as he did not appear at senior night.
      Hello there, since this is a hockey related q I guess I can answer (and it's my good friend ATW) Honestly? I do not know his status. I saw and spoke to him briefly after the last game of the season. I'm thinking he's in Grasso's position? Maybe I can sleuth it out a bit. I agree; I have thought he has put in some solid shifts. Hope you are well and if I hear anything else I'm happy to report it. You can email me from my profile as well...trying to keep my self on the down low with the online ed stuff I need to prepare for! But I always have time for UNH hockey chats
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Hockey talk!

Keeping the other stuff to the other thread would be nice. Yes, I am guilty of not doing so, but will change my ways.
        Last edited by Darius; 03-17-2020, 04:18 PM.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

When he was a Freshman i projected Bobby Butler like progression for Sacco.

He is going to have a heck of a Senior year.

Comment

I'm of a view that you only keep fifth year guys if they are productive, otherwise the cost of a slot takes away spots from new guys with potential.
            For Sacco, rolling a kid with 2 career goals in 86 career games is not what I want an offensively-challenged team to do. Just like Matt Dawson wasn't great value for this year, or Rob Boyd wasn't great value his fifth year. At a certain point, you have to actually change the culture, not try to figure out how to keep it here longer than usual.

Originally posted by Darius View Post
            When he was a Freshman i projected Bobby Butler like progression for Sacco.

He is going to have a heck of a Senior year.

He is what we thought he was, after scoring 10 goals and 19 points in 56 BCHL games as a 19 year old.
            The Souza record:
            15-16 10th place
            16-17 10th place
            17-18 11th place
            18-19 8th place
            19-20 9th place
            20-21 10th place
            21-22 9th place
            22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              He is what we thought he was, after scoring 10 goals and 19 points in 56 BCHL games as a 19 year old.
              Yeah, I know. I was trolling for reaction. Better late than never.

Comment

Well, Hockeydad was a big fan of his. "He won't be on the fourth line." And he's forgotten more about hockey than all of us, but has his blinders for his guys. If only they'd listened to him about Vecchione.
                The Souza record:
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place
                21-22 9th place
                22-23 10th place

Comment

Thanks for chiming in, as noted, i have appreciated his dedication and effort and we need goal scorers. Just wondered if he would be back or his late season lower profile was foreshadowing his desire to seek more ice elsewhere . I appear to often be the only one who feels we would benefit from a more contributing 4th line. We never seem to have the stomach in early eason to develop one and from my vantage point the last couple of years has shown this to be a factor in 3rd period performance. Like all sports, hockey is a game of inches and fractions. We often are on the wrong side of that with the top lines a bit winded.

Comment

Announcement! You are now free to move about the cabin.
                    We had a little Joe in us but nothing on a reliable 4th line.
                    My bad.

Comment

Glad Swayman gone. Crickets on the Gildon front!
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        My understanding is that he earned a medical redshirt just like Grasso. They should both be seniors for the 2020-21 season.

Hockey discussion can be quite refreshing.
                        That is correct they both got redshirt at the same time

Comment

Not to this topic to hockey. Figured a little distraction is good for everyone these day. Any idea who might be going to the Whitt as out of conference foes next season.

Comment

It is getting harder and harder to get folks to join in on these basic hockey questions. But my guess is Michigan as a pay back for this year. We haven't made the CC/denver series in a couple of years. ASU would probably come if invited and then we have the fall backs up north of a St. L/Clarkson series that we have not seen in a few years, plus you can add RPI as an old stand by too. Add Dartmouth, Bentley or Brown and we are almost there.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                              It is getting harder and harder to get folks to join in on these basic hockey questions. But my guess is Michigan as a pay back for this year. We haven't made the CC/denver series in a couple of years. ASU would probably come if invited and then we have the fall backs up north of a St. L/Clarkson series that we have not seen in a few years, plus you can add RPI as an old stand by too. Add Dartmouth, Bentley or Brown and we are almost there.
                              I think I heard that we are definitely going to MI next season. The rest you propose are good bets. Be well!
                              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Wonder if this new order by the governor will impact the rink renovation, will the ice surface be ready for October? It was already on a pretty tight schedule.
                                GO BLUE!

Comment

Working...
                                X