THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Is it too early to start the 2021-22 season thread?

Either way I thought THIS news item would start some conversation.

Michigan considers removal of Fielding H. Yost’s name from hockey arena

The "U" is asking for comment on the proposed action. You have to read down to the very bottom of the article before you come across that along with a link to submit comment.
    An eight-person committee has unanimously recommended the move in a report commissioned by university president Mark Schlissel.
    Last edited by JoeZ; 05-24-2021, 01:50 PM.
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

I've wondered if that was coming. Yost was not the greatest person in the world. Just winning football games does not fix that.

edit- one thing to remember, it was called Yost Field House because it was built WHILE he was AD. It was build in 1923, and he was AD from '21 to '41. Which is kinda odd, too.
    Last edited by MichVandal; 05-24-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Got the e-mail yesterday to renew our season tickets. Should not be surprised that it's so early, given that the sports have been bleeding money for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
        Got the e-mail yesterday to renew our season tickets. Should not be surprised that it's so early, given that the sports have been bleeding money for so long.
        For the first time in forever, renewing tickets is up for debate in my household. With the now 2 year old, we'd need to get 3 tickets, which likely means different seats My current seats are not only with a good friend (whom I need to find out if they are renewing now that they have a 1 year old), but near other friends and close to the hockey band. Ideal for me.

Does anyone know when the schedule is usually released? I'd like to know what the game day and times look like before making my decision. Middle of the week and early games tend to be an issue for us to be able to attend. This might be the year that too many factors have added up and we just buy tickets for a couple of games rather than the whole season.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

If memory serves me right, which is debatable at my age, the schedule is usually out by the end of July. I am always anxious to see if there are any good potential road trips in October. i hope you are able to work out the season tickets. I have already had two season ticket holders tell me they won't be renewing this year.
          The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
            If memory serves me right, which is debatable at my age, the schedule is usually out by the end of July. I am always anxious to see if there are any good potential road trips in October. i hope you are able to work out the season tickets. I have already had two season ticket holders tell me they won't be renewing this year.
            That's the timeline I remember, too. The renewal this early is pretty surprising. Although, I'm sure they can use a cash infusion.

wT- I hope you can figure it out, but one thing with the new e-tickets- it could be easier to transfer them... could... We haven't had anyone sit next to us for the better part of the previous 10 seasons.

Comment

UMASS @ Michigan- Jan 8th and 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by kahunak View Post
                UMASS @ Michigan- Jan 8th and 9th.
                Great!
                The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

My "do I renew my season ticket" debate has become more complicated. I can only renew my 2 seats. During the new "season ticket upgrade" process we could possibly add more tickets, depends on availability and I don't have a ton of priority points, so there's no guarantee. My friend who I've been getting tickets with since 2005 (and the tickets have been in his family since the early 90s) has said they are not renewing. Which means....the two seats next to mine should be available.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Turns out I was not ready to give up my college hockey addiction yet. Tickets renewed. You can find us in section 13 come hockey season. We'll be indoctrinating the parasite this Fall. She's already saying "go blue", now we must teach her 'The Victors'.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Maybe it's me but the 1st week in July seems a bit early to cough up the $ to reserve the seat. Just think of all the interest to be made before the tickets go out. Don't get me wrong... I love the game and have been following since Mel Wakabayashi was Capt. and yes they have my money.
                      He is as cool as a bomb disposal technician!

Comment

Originally posted by sqeyes View Post
                        Maybe it's me but the 1st week in July seems a bit early to cough up the $ to reserve the seat. Just think of all the interest to be made before the tickets go out. Don't get me wrong... I love the game and have been following since Mel Wakabayashi was Capt. and yes they have my money.
                        Agreed. My bigger concern is asking your fanbase to pay for mystery schedule. There are other schools with their schedules released. Why should we buy tickets when we don't even know what/when the games are going to be?

Arenas visited:

Comment

Originally posted by sqeyes View Post
                          I was hoping that the deadline for getting them was the previous August- so was surprised to get an email telling me that I had until last Friday.... Oh, well.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I was hoping that the deadline for getting them was the previous August- so was surprised to get an email telling me that I had until last Friday.... Oh, well.
                            Have you tried the renew link to see if it's still active? I'm certain they won't be selling out of tickets, so if you want your old seats you could probably call the ticket office and see what can be done.

I'm wondering what the crowd will be like this season, and curious as to how many season ticket holders near me are either not renewing or will be using the 'upgrade period' to change seats. I like my people in section 13 and I hope to see some of them this Fall.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Have you tried the renew link to see if it's still active? I'm certain they won't be selling out of tickets, so if you want your old seats you could probably call the ticket office and see what can be done.

I'm wondering what the crowd will be like this season, and curious as to how many season ticket holders near me are either not renewing or will be using the 'upgrade period' to change seats. I like my people in section 13 and I hope to see some of them this Fall.
                              We got them- just that I was hoping to wait until August. Ends up being an early expected expense.

I expect a smaller base crowd, but a louder one as well- people have been cooped up too long.

Comment

Working...
                              X