THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post

Because this is part of her quote: "And yes, I realize that I am generalizing a group, and being ageist"
    suppose I should have added a #NotAllMen #NotAllBoomers but how many Boomers would be like "pound sign notallmen, I don't get it"? (jokes the girl who doesn't tweet, but if she did her first tweet would be #poundsign #octothorp)

Moving on to the actual topic at hand; Mel is out. The timing is weird considering Michigan has had this report for months. Or, is it? Perhaps it was, we'll wait until season tickets sell out, leak the report, gauge the reaction, and then figure out what needs to be done?

Maybe I think that because I've been in a rather cynical mood of late. I read this quote from Warde's statement about letting Pearson go, "Our student-athletes having a positive and meaningful experience is of paramount importance, and a clear expectation within our department is that all employees and staff are valued and supported." My thoughts are, 'yeah, that sounds like my company's town hall where they say employees are important and then spend 99.9% of the time focused on how to get more earnings for share holders'. Our student-athletes are super important, but you know what's more important? Money. It's always about money.

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      suppose I should have added a #NotAllMen #NotAllBoomers but how many Boomers would be like "pound sign notallmen, I don't get it"? (jokes the girl who doesn't tweet, but if she did her first tweet would be #poundsign #octothorp)

Moving on to the actual topic at hand; Mel is out. The timing is weird considering Michigan has had this report for months. Or, is it? Perhaps it was, we'll wait until season tickets sell out, leak the report, gauge the reaction, and then figure out what needs to be done?

Maybe I think that because I've been in a rather cynical mood of late. I read this quote from Warde's statement about letting town hall where they say employees are important and then spend 99.9% of the time focused on how to get more earnings for share holders'. Our student-athletes are super important, but you know what's more important? Money. It's always about money.
      Haha! You're probably right - I don't tweet either. I gotta agree with your assessment that the timing is weird, and the lip service coming from the AD is BS. And you are absolutely right about it's all about the money. We should join up and track down the person that coined the phrase "shareholder value" and stake him or her to an anthill!
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
        Only thing close to NCAA violations was the Covid stuff. Given the school name, highly doubt anything NCAA-wise arises.
        The NCAA is so angry at U of Michigan they're going to put Detroit Mercy on two years probation. < rolleyes >

U of Michigan's Covid lies (let's call 'em what they are) may have cost UND a trip to the Frozen Four:
        • Michigan gets sent home;
        • UMD gets an afternoon no contest;
        • UND plays regional night game;
        • The next night a full rest UMD team beats UND in 5OT.
        Were it up to me, the next time Michigan qualifies for the NCAA tourney (autobid or PWR) they are automatically out of the field. The tourney slot goes to highest PWR not in. If that hoses the B1G out of their autobid for a year blame your conference-mates.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• And they may not have. You’ve lost more than one regional being the host- so what you continue to whine about is far from a sure thing. The only recourse you would ever get happened, and you are not going to get more. So suck it up.

Comment

• I'm not asking for anything for UND.

I'm asking that U of Michigan face real sanction for its disregard of Covid protocols*, specifically,

... the next time Michigan qualifies for the NCAA tourney (autobid or PWR) they are automatically out of the field. The tourney slot goes to highest PWR not in.

*whisking two players away in a van for 18 hours is enough admission of guilt for even a casual observer
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              I'm not asking for anything for UND.

I'm asking that U of Michigan face real sanction for its disregard of Covid protocols*, specifically,

*whisking two players away in a van for 18 hours is enough admission of guilt for even a casual observer
              I’m sure you can find some fine ND cheese to go with that whine.

The coach lost his job, which is what most ask for instead of penalizing players who were not involved. I’m betting you have sided that way before, too.

Comment

• https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/202...23-season.html

We got ourselves an interim head coach, and it's not the name many of us were thinking.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                  The coach lost his job, which is what most ask for instead of penalizing players who were not involved.
                  The NCAA has history of sanctioning universities (for allowing corrupt environments) long after instigating coaches are gone.

I don't expect the NCAA to do it, but it would be warranted if they did.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/202...23-season.html

We got ourselves an interim head coach, and it's not the name many of us were thinking.
                    I almost* feel sorry for an assistant, that was part of the prior regime, being named interim. Talk about under a microscope.

*almost

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      U of Michigan's Covid lies (let's call 'em what they are) may have cost UND a trip to the Frozen Four:
                      • UND plays regional night game;
                      • The next night a full rest UMD team beats UND in 5OT.
                      I can't believe you're making me take the side of Michigan in a discussion. UND was not forced to play 5OT. SCORE A GOAL and you don't have to play any OT, much less 5 OT. Apparently scoring goal was beyond the ability of The Whoix... and so they blame a team that they didn't even play for their loss? C'mon.
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Didn't UND steamroll AIC where they then could have rested key players in the 3rd period of that game? Blame the decision makers that don't allow the #1 seed to play the early semifinal game. But hey, that whole scenario led to a different format. Thank you UND for your whining as you did it for the betterment of the game. Respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Blame the decision makers that don't allow the #1 seed to play the early semifinal game. But hey, that whole scenario led to a different format. Thank you UND ... Respect.
                          Well then say thank you again because UND was root cause of the change to the offsides/possession rule also. In a regional. In that same rink.

Must we do everything for the rest of you?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• All the anti-North Dakota vitriol aside, the simple reality remains:

U of Michigan has not faced sanction for it's disregard of NCAA Covid protocol.

I'm asking that U of Michigan face real sanction for its disregard of Covid protocol*, specifically, the next time Michigan qualifies for the NCAA tourney (autobid or PWR) they are automatically out of the field. The tourney slot goes to highest PWR not in.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• And the rest of hockey nation is waiting for sanctions against ND for their displays in the arena after name change.

Seems worse to degrade an entire group of people than two players lying on a COVID test. Especially when the team canceled anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                                And the rest of hockey nation is waiting for sanctions against ND for their displays in the arena after name change.
                                The University of North Dakota is in compliance with the settlement agreement made with the NCAA. That's no lie. The NCAA would gleefully and rightly apply sanction if it were not.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X