THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Seems there's a "urination competition" in Ann Arbor ...

https://***********/Johnubacon/statu...46709088854017
    I mean, that is not a battle Manuel is going to win. This is borderline career suicide. Does he not quite understand that Michigan hockey does not need Mel Pearson? Unless of course Mel has some dirt on Manuel...

I am curious to know if Mel Pearson developed this persona as a head coach or if he's always been this way. He was at Michigan for a very long time. Given everything I have read and seen about Red Berenson I can't imagine Red would have tolerated this behavior.

Comment

• Not meaning to open another can of worms, but doesn’t a certain ex coach with impeccable credentials still maintain an office in Yost? A little surprised there wasn’t a moderating influence. But I have no idea how that kind of dynamic plays out.

Comment

• Originally posted by model94 View Post

Not sure if your implication is that that kind of behavior is common with “boomers” or absent in other age groups. Hope not.
        My implication is that some men that have been in the work force since the 70s and 80s have not adjusted to having women in the work force. I think it is less of an issue with the younger generations who have always worked beside women. And yes, I realize that I am generalizing a group, and being ageist, but these are the opinions I have formed based on the interactions I have had (as a female in engineering and manufacturing I encounter too much good 'ol boys club)
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
        2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I mean, that is not a battle Manuel is going to win. This is borderline career suicide. Does he not quite understand that Michigan hockey does not need Mel Pearson? Unless of course Mel has some dirt on Manuel...

I am curious to know if Mel Pearson developed this persona as a head coach or if he's always been this way. He was at Michigan for a very long time. Given everything I have read and seen about Red Berenson I can't imagine Red would have tolerated this behavior.
          I don't know if Tech kept things under wraps or he was learning the HC ropes and or Red told him Michigan was watching him while at Tech. As a Tech fan, there were very apparent program culture issues when he left. No one directly blamed him, but... Joe cleaned that mess up. Tech also had a significant over-recruiting issue Joe also dealt with. This Tech fan felt his actions as U of MI HC are not consistent with what I heard Red agreed with/supported. The way said individual has acted towards Tech, (wanted out of the GLI, not by being an adult and drafting a planned exit with Tech, but by claiming "player health and safety," backing out of a contracted NC trip to Houghton,...) is surprising.

Let's just sat Tech fans don't really like him a whole lot. Not that we Tech fans expect him to bend over backwards to Tech, but he could have not be a jerk about things.

Comment

• You know I'm amazed that all of you are judging Mel in the court of public opinion simply based on what you've read. That's why trials sometimes have to be moved to a different venue because the potential jurors could be biased by the media.
            I'm not saying these things didn't happen but does anyone here on forum have any firsthand knowledge of these accusations? There is a possibility the report is inaccurate.
            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 08-05-2022, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              You know I'm amazed that all of you are judging Mel in the court of public opinion simply based on what you've read. That's why trials sometimes have to be moved to a different venue because the potential jurors could be biased by the media.
              I'm not saying these things didn't happen but does anyone here on forum have any firsthand knowledge of these accusations? There is a possibility the report is inaccurate.
              The guy flat out lied to the investigators. Right up until they provided recorded evidence to him. Any "benefit of the doubt" given after that is pure foolishness.

Comment

You know I'm amazed that all of you are judging Mel in the court of public opinion simply based on what you've read. That's why trials sometimes have to be moved to a different venue because the potential jurors could be biased by the media.
                What are we supposed to base it on? It's not like people are referencing an anonymous Twitter account making allegations. This was an excruciatingly long investigation. So what now is the University of Michigan supposed to wait for? There is a recording that proves Pearson has been lying. Are they supposed to wait for Mel Pearson to hire his own firm to do their investigation? Why would USCHO posters be expected to have any insight on the allegations?

Comment

You're honestly supposing that big-time DC law firm WilmerHale would return a biased or inaccurate report to Michigan. If that's what you're going with ...
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

You're honestly supposing that big-time DC law firm WilmerHale would return a biased or inaccurate report to Michigan. If that's what you're going with ...
                    And I will reiterate, Michigan has wanted to keep Mel Pearson this entire time. They were simply waiting for the results to determine if that would be possible. They did not want this. It's not like they were hoping to be able to fire a terrible coach for cause to get out of a big money contract. Pearson is a good coach with no contract at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

And I will reiterate, Michigan has wanted to keep Mel Pearson this entire time. They were simply waiting for the results to determine if that would be possible. They did not want this. It's not like they were hoping to be able to fire a terrible coach for cause to get out of a big money contract. Pearson is a good coach with no contract at all.
                      I'm not sure they were waiting for the results. They've had them for 3 months now. Seems like they were more waiting to see if they could make the report would go away before becoming public.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

My implication is that some men that have been in the work force since the 70s and 80s have not adjusted to having women in the work force. I think it is less of an issue with the younger generations who have always worked beside women. And yes, I realize that I am generalizing a group, and being ageist, but these are the opinions I have formed based on the interactions I have had (as a female in engineering and manufacturing I encounter too much good 'ol boys club)
                        Sorry, I object to this comment. I have been in the work force since the 70's, and to assume I do not abide by current standards because of my age is a close sighted as any violator of Title 9, which currently includes (updated in 2020) sexual harassment, stalking, and hostile working environment,(to name a few) which goes beyond the original intent of Title 9, established in 1972.
                        The vast majority of us old folks never supported or engaged in this behavior, and I find it offensive that you would assume I (we) would because of my (our) gray hair.
                        As for the younger generation having a clue, have you watched the news lately?
                        “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                        – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                        when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

• Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                          I'm not sure they were waiting for the results. They've had them for 3 months now. Seems like they were more waiting to see if they could make the report would go away before becoming public.
                          Possibly although I'm not sure how they could think the report wouldn't get out. They do have a new President coming in, no? Were they trying to drag it out until then? I thought they might be delaying to make sure the incoming class makes it to Ann Arbor even if they can Pearson right before the season and have one of the assistants take over. Who knows.

Comment

• Bacon has tweeted Pearson is cooked.

https://***********/Johnubacon/statu...T-ccvWEfILZruw
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Hey Michigan fans, if you haven't figured it out yet ... poaching season on Michigan recruits just opened.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Hey Michigan fans, if you haven't figured it out yet ... poaching season on Michigan recruits just opened.
                                I think Michigan will be ok. Their program is bigger than 64 year old Mel Pearson.

Comment

Working...
                                X