THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    LOL if I have a clue around the hockey world. What a complete *******. Yes, people were aware of some of the allegations. That has nothing to do with Michigan simply waiting for the investigation to complete before taking action.
    must be an echo in here. BTW the report was completed in early May 2022. They must be letting it age properly.
    Last edited by model94; 08-02-2022, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by model94 View Post

must be an echo in here. BTW the report was completed in early May 2022. They must be letting it age properly.
      I don't know what they are doing now, feel free to debate yourself on that. All I ever said was they would wait for the end of investigation before doing anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Michigan higher ups knew of this this stuff for a long time. It wasn't some top secret thing that was going on that you needed an investigation to tell them. Pearson should have been fired long ago for the antics he and his staff did.
        Dude, they were allegations. The University then brought in an outside firm to do an investigation. They have now waited for the conclusion of the investigation before deciding Pearson's fate. It's not that complicated. You can act all outraged by they followed a normal procedure. The one valid point I could see is that they should have placed him on administrative leave.

Comment

I don't know what they are doing now, feel free to debate yourself on that. All I ever said was they would wait for the end of investigation before doing anything.
          We know. You can stop saying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by model94 View Post

We know. You can stop saying it.
            Ha my bad. You were the one who was up in arms like it was some baseless hot take.

Comment

• The NCAA will be so upset that U of Michigan broke Covid protocol and procedure at the 2021 regional that they'll put Central Michigan on a year's probation.

(old joke but it hits close)
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• I've seen seen many "allegations" over the years in sports and not in sports and many were baseless.
                I hope Mel comes through this unscathed and no one tries to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Comment

Dude, they were allegations. The University then brought in an outside firm to do an investigation. They have now waited for the conclusion of the investigation before deciding Pearson's fate. It's not that complicated. You can act all outraged by they followed a normal procedure. The one valid point I could see is that they should have placed him on administrative leave.
                  Funny...allegations from an entire teams leadership, allegations from co-workers, allegations from ex-players, allegations from people outside the program, allegations from UM staff.....do you really need an outside investigation to prove something that seems to be all over the place? Everyone knew the type of program he was running.

Comment

• The investigators close the report with this conclusion:

These issues facing the hockey program require attention. Despite prior efforts to assess and respond to allegations regarding the culture of the program, additional work remains to be done.

Specifically, the University should review whether [Pearson’s] conduct violates other University policies, including but not limited to Standard Practice Guide 601.90, Protection from Retaliation. In addition, the Athletic Department should take steps to address a number of issues discussed in this report, including (1) the mistreatment of female staff members by Mr. Bancroft; (2) Respondent’s inability or unwillingness to hold Mr. Bancroft accountable for his conduct; (3) pervasive fears among both student athletes and staff members of retaliation by Respondent for raising issues; and (4) inconsistencies in Respondent’s recollection, perception, and/or characterization of key incidents and issues as compared with other participants.

Turmoil.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• hindsight is always 20-20...

...but i think michigan tech dodged a bullet.

dear mel; thank you for not only doing what you did for us but also for leaving tech at the right time.

the atmosphere at the locker room was not good when he left - per people in the know, during his last three years at tech, the culture was not well.

make what you want out this. but here is hoping no investigation comes our way whatever the reason...

and independent of how long UoM has had the report...

worse than pearson seems to be the administration - if they don't let him go by this friday... well, i guess we'll watch and see.

after this report, really, would anyone want him as a coach? pearson being a tech alum, none of this is good. but not all tech people are good people.

best of luck to him, to UofM, the fans, etc, etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        I've seen seen many "allegations" over the years in sports and not in sports and many were baseless.
                        I hope Mel comes through this unscathed and no one tries to make a mountain out of a molehill.
                        Have you not read the articles or report, this is not a molehill, it is absolutely a mountain and he needs to be removed from his position.
                        2005-2006: 7-25-6
                        2006-2007: 18-17-5
                        2007-2008: 14-20-5
                        2008-2009: 6-25-7
                        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Funny...allegations from an entire teams leadership, allegations from co-workers, allegations from ex-players, allegations from people outside the program, allegations from UM staff.....do you really need an outside investigation to prove something that seems to be all over the place? Everyone knew the type of program he was running.
                          Ya you just simply don't want to read what is being said

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post

Have you not read the articles or report, this is not a molehill, it is absolutely a mountain and he needs to be removed from his position.
                            I'm naturally skeptical as it was first reported in The Atlantic. I've seen a number of stories from them over the years and like most these days they enhance and sensationalize their stories.
                            I'm not going to judge until I hear it from a reputable source.

Comment

• If the Detroit Free Press, the Detroit News, M-Live, and the WilmerHale Report aren’t sufficient for you, maybe this will help: https://www.michigandaily.com/ice-ho...l-pearson-now/
                              Last edited by lawdoggies; 08-04-2022, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                I'm naturally skeptical as it was first reported in The Atlantic. I've seen a number of stories from them over the years and like most these days they enhance and sensationalize their stories.
                                I'm not going to judge until I hear it from a reputable source.
                                Please don't tell me you're getting the Atlantic confused with the Athletic?

Comment

Working...
                                X