• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
    such pretentiousness... and most of it comes by unconsciously
    Now that's something!

Comment

• Originally posted by model94 View Post
      I believe he was pointing to the logical problem within the statement. You know, extending a contract that no longer exists. But we were denied the finer subtleties of high education so what do I know. All I do all day is manage a team of big-10 engineers.
      I am no expert but Adam Wodon has explained multiple times that the expiration of a contract really doesn't have to mean much. But for some reason it matter to Michigan Tech people more than any others I have seen on here or on Twitter. Pearson could be operating under some type of temporary "contract" while this whole thing is sorted out. It's not like recruits have started jumping ship. He is operating as the HC right now and it's had no impact on incoming players. But by all means, keep harping on the fact his contract expired.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post

isn't denial a river in egypt?

i do care for i hope he gets what he deserves; rooting for nothing but the truth. even 'tho i find it hard to believe that it will ever come out - this line from CHN article may say it all;

"Bancrof's departure may pave the way for Michigan to wrap up the investigation, retain Pearson, and keep the results sealed. According to University policy, a formal complaint may be dismissed if the respondent (Bancroft) is no longer employed by the University."

you guys are made for each other; cut from the same cloth... i am cool with that. have at it... some of us will just sleep better at night. but i guess, some others will sleep just as good... you can refer to the "unconsciously" tid-bit if you want. or maybe you can refer to the "rule book" to find out what it means to be a "michigan man". hell, ask red what he thinks of this whole thing - please report back.

again, believe me when i say good luck; wishing you, your school, your fans, and mel & his staff the best... i mean that - no jab, no sarcasm.
        So you've already made up your mind. With only seeing the accusations. Pretty amazing way of finding the truth. Lot of that going on these days.

It's entirely possible that all of these accusations are around Bancroft. I can't say that I'm all that impressed with him in this role, that's for sure.

BTW, who is denying anything? Not me. I'm glad you can see your obsession- but I'm betting your team would rather have your full attention.

And it's pretty funny that you are trying your best to pretend that anyone who posts from Michigan are exactly what you think Mel is. Hilarious.

Comment

I believe he was pointing to the logical problem within the statement. You know, extending a contract that no longer exists. But we were denied the finer subtleties of high education so what do I know. All I do all day is manage a team of big-10 engineers.
          Do you really think it wasn't some kind of insult? Seriously? You must lead via passive aggressive plans.

But your team really appreciates the fact that you are so fascinated with Michigan. I'm quite sure of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

So you've already made up your mind. With only seeing the accusations. Pretty amazing way of finding the truth. Lot of that going on these days.

It's entirely possible that all of these accusations are around Bancroft. I can't say that I'm all that impressed with him in this role, that's for sure.

BTW, who is denying anything? Not me. I'm glad you can see your obsession- but I'm betting your team would rather have your full attention.

And it's pretty funny that you are trying your best to pretend that anyone who posts from Michigan are exactly what you think Mel is. Hilarious.
            like i said, good luck with all of this...

he lied (in regard to the GLi) and that has already been shown; but i suppose that's not against the law. anything else can be up to interpretation, and the school will do what the school will do - if they want to keep him (which i am certain they do), they will keep him.

are we butt-hurt? well, we are still working through it...

our schools had a great relationship that goes back to the days of al renfrew and john macinnes - in case you don't know who these two are (and where they played and coached) look them up. mel pearson, based on where he played and coached, is part of that group, that relationship between our schools.

you will not find a single michigan tech fan that is not thankful for what pearson did here as both a player and a coach. did we wish he stayed here? well, at the time he left yes. now? i doubt it...

again, what does being a "michigan man" mean? what's tradition? really, does integrity mean anything these days? pearson tainted and devalued our historical relationship... that's pretty factual. hell, the creation of the B1G is no different when talking hockey; many great rivalries were destroyed and some of new ones created (e.g., PSU) will never come close... hey, all good. it is what it is...

here is hoping UofM fans will get what they want.

Comment

• The house of cards is falling apart. Clearly there was fire to this investigation and not just a little smoke and baseless allegations. Who else is going to resign or retire (what a joke) from the hockey program before this is over. Even if Merv survives the purge, what does it say that the employees reporting to him created a toxic workplace, but somehow he isn't responsible for preventing it. If Michigan had any ethics, this will end up like JoPa at PennState. Marv wants to be seen as the man in charge, but when you to are the man in charge and fail to stop the problem that's just as bad as being the guilty party. Is he the guy in charge, and ultimately responsible for the program, or not?
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Do you really think it wasn't some kind of insult? Seriously? You must lead via passive aggressive plans.

But your team really appreciates the fact that you are so fascinated with Michigan. I'm quite sure of that.
                It is interesting how U of M hockey has become almost unrecognizable over the last 6 years. Gone are the decades of mutual respect the programs had for each other. The change was "lead" by a Tech alumni who played under John MacInnes, is a former Tech coach, and spent decades under Red as an assistant. On paper, if anyone was to continue that respect, it would be said person. I'm all for changing with times, but many of the things that have transpired could have been handled better with a little effort.

With the weasel behavior of the new administration, it is not surprising to see what is going on with said handshake head coach.

This Tech fan hopes Tech and U of M can return to that mutual program respect and work together on home and home series or GLI invite without the shenanigans.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Pearson could be operating under some type of temporary "contract" while this whole thing is sorted out.
                  But even if it was a 90 day deal he'd be ... under contract. Michigan is saying he's not.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

It is interesting how U of M hockey has become almost unrecognizable over the last 6 years. Gone are the decades of mutual respect the programs had for each other. The change was "lead" by a Tech alumni who played under John MacInnes, is a former Tech coach, and spent decades under Red as an assistant. On paper, if anyone was to continue that respect, it would be said person. I'm all for changing with times, but many of the things that have transpired could have been handled better with a little effort.

With the weasel behavior of the new administration, it is not surprising to see what is going on with said handshake head coach.

This Tech fan hopes Tech and U of M can return to that mutual program respect and work together on home and home series or GLI invite without the shenanigans.
                    So the many more times we've played each other outside of the GLI means we have some kind of problem? Ok, that's interesting.

Didn't know the GLI meant so much in the "respect train" for Tech.

If anything, this move needs to be blamed on the PWR system- where losing games matter so freaking much. I really hate the system, but when you risk the team losses due to a not full team, well it matters. I know Red tried to ignore it, but the reality is that losing in the GLI with part of the team gone matters as much as with a full team when it comes to March. And when you factor in the struggles for the B1G to get in- well...

BTW, which "new administration" are you talking about? Ward was here before Mel was hired- for a few years, so that's the same. The President was let go in the same time frame all this went down- and he was here well before Mel- so that's mostly the same. And in the early years of Mel, we played Tech more often than I remember in my many seasons that I've been a Michigan ticket holder- so the shift from barely playing you to playing you every season changed under Mel.

Now that it's going back to less, it's somehow a so much worse than Red's tenure? Sorry, but that doesn't add up.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

But even if it was a 90 day deal he'd be ... under contract. Michigan is saying he's not.
                      OK, who says they even need to reveal that? I am not an employment lawyer. Do they even need to have anything in writing at this point? I just think the situation is pretty clear. The only reason to not move on from him or give him an extension is that this investigation is still in process. If someone can point me to something that says the investigation is complete and Michigan is still proceeding like this? Well then we can talk about how that doesn't make any sense.

Comment

The only reason to not move on from him or give him an extension is that this investigation is still in process.
                        Agree, but I believe Michigan has a time limit on how long an investigation can last and that has passed. Hence the curious situation.

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Agree, but I believe Michigan has a time limit on how long an investigation can last and that has passed. Hence the curious situation.
                          Yes, the minimum time has passed. So the outcome can come any time. Which is the original reason the contract update was going to be after the expiration.

Comment

I am no expert but Adam Wodon has explained multiple times that the expiration of a contract really doesn't have to mean much. But for some reason it matter to Michigan Tech people more than any others I have seen on here or on Twitter. Pearson could be operating under some type of temporary "contract" while this whole thing is sorted out. It's not like recruits have started jumping ship. He is operating as the HC right now and it's had no impact on incoming players. But by all means, keep harping on the fact his contract expired.
                            I need to simplify more. If I say "I95 in Detroit is going to be extended", you might say "It can't be extended, I95 doesn't exist. It can't be extended". Does that help?

Comment

OK, who says they even need to reveal that? I am not an employment lawyer. Do they even need to have anything in writing at this point? I just think the situation is pretty clear. The only reason to not move on from him or give him an extension is that this investigation is still in process. If someone can point me to something that says the investigation is complete and Michigan is still proceeding like this? Well then we can talk about how that doesn't make any sense.
                              Seem to know an awful lot without knowing anything at all.

Comment

Seem to know an awful lot without knowing anything at all.
                                By all means, give me some other answer as to why no official contract extension (or contract at all if you want to play the semantics game) other than the investigation is still ongoing. If they wanted to move on from him they would have done so by now. The contract as you say doesn't exist. It's not like they need to get their ducks in a row to fire him for cause. They could simply choose to move on from him. They haven't done that. They want to keep him. The only thing that can be preventing that from getting done is the final results of the investigation.
                                Last edited by J.D.; 06-24-2022, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X