No announcement yet.

THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did your schedule drop yet? Are you doing the GLi in 2022?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Did your schedule drop yet? Are you doing the GLi in 2022?
      They're not. They have been dismissed from the tournament as a co-host and participant.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

They're not. They have been dismissed from the tournament as a co-host and participant.
        How will Michigan hockey ever survive this?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

How will Michigan hockey ever survive this?
          I'm sure you'll spin it some way that makes you look like none of it was your fault. Fully expected.

Comment

• Oh and not to mention a GLI without the biggest name brand possible...good luck with that. Maybe Michigan State hockey can carry that torch...LOL

Comment

Oh and not to mention a GLI without the biggest name brand possible...good luck with that. Maybe Michigan State hockey can carry that torch...LOL
              Biggest name brand possible??? How did you come up with that? U of MI isn't even the biggest U of M brand in B1G hockey.

Comment

• Good lord. For the GLI. Not that tough to grasp. But here's to a Ferris-NMU GLI title game played in front of friends and family.

Comment

Oh and not to mention a GLI without the biggest name brand possible...
                  Already obvious to those outside of AA, but Michigan Hockey isn't even the biggest draw on their own campus, much less at the GLI or in the Big. No one is going to miss hearing Hail played at every other whistle at the GLI because the student band is watching their football team lose a bowl game and the alumni only know one tune.

As for Merv, many feel that since the contract ended and he is "still the coach" per the administration means he's staying. I think the opposite. If there was no fire behind the smoke, they would have wrapped this investigation months ago and released the findings showing there was no wrong doing. The fact that it continues to drag on tells me there are real issues being investigated. Not renewing Marv still gives the school the option to let him go if they need to keep the findings of the investigation sealed when it finally wraps up.

Wait, what? We're going to lose our coach AND we're not the biggest draw at the GLI?

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Never said anything about Michigan hockey compared to its other sports or the Big Ten. Just the GLI. So help me out then. Over the years at JLA, what school brought the most fans? I am assuming Michigan but correct me if I am wrong. I am sure dumpster fire of a program Mich State will carry this great tournament forward.

Comment

• It's always funny when fans of schools like Michigan Tech make fun of Michigan football. That stuff never gets old.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        Already obvious to those outside of AA, but Michigan Hockey isn't even the biggest draw on their own campus, much less at the GLI or in the Big. No one is going to miss hearing Hail played at every other whistle at the GLI because the student band is watching their football team lose a bowl game and the alumni only know one tune.

As for Merv, many feel that since the contract ended and he is "still the coach" per the administration means he's staying. I think the opposite. If there was no fire behind the smoke, they would have wrapped this investigation months ago and released the findings showing there was no wrong doing. The fact that it continues to drag on tells me there are real issues being investigated. Not renewing Marv still gives the school the option to let him go if they need to keep the findings of the investigation sealed when it finally wraps up.

Wait, what? We're going to lose our coach AND we're not the biggest draw at the GLI?

My daughter baby sat the now famous hands on head Michigan student in that picture.

Comment

It's always funny when fans of schools like Michigan Tech make fun of Michigan football. That stuff never gets old.
                          Well it hasn’t been just us. Lots of the country has been doing it. Work colleague graduates from Toledo, for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by model94 View Post
                            Work colleague graduates from Toledo, for example.
                            Same response would apply to them.

Comment

Same response would apply to them.
                              Work colleagues from MSU too.

Comment

Never said anything about Michigan hockey compared to its other sports or the Big Ten. Just the GLI. So help me out then. Over the years at JLA, what school brought the most fans? I am assuming Michigan but correct me if I am wrong. I am sure dumpster fire of a program Mich State will carry this great tournament forward.
                                In the Early to Mid-80's (Pre-Red years when tourney was at JLA) It very much was MSU/Fans/Alums/Student band (Football team wasn't going bowling) who filled seats for GLI.

Taking off my Green and White glasses for a minute I'm baffled as to why Michigan is no longer part of GLI?!?.....Is it schools choice or organizers? Like someone said earlier have fun trying to sell tix for Ferris/NMU Final.

Comment

Working...
                                X