THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

You can leave the politics out if you don't mind and using the dog whistle term woke is offensive to me and i'm sure others.
    On this board? It absolutely is.

Comment

• "Woke" is such a wonderful term for the right, because they can complain about something that they themselves define. And its a nebulous enough bogeyman to encompass legitimate offensive crap that most people find offensive, and stuff that only 5 people complain about. But for both, the TV watchers being told stories about "woke" being a danger can get outraged without having to address the substance.

How about we find out what happened, before we complain about someone being railroaded.
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

• If you believe the right created the term “woke” …
        https://www.vo*****/culture/21437879...on-controversy
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

You can leave the politics out if you don't mind and using the dog whistle term woke is offensive to me and i'm sure others.
          Apologies for offending your sensibilities; it does seem to hit a defensive nerve with some. It is a cultural, not political statement, and is the reality of the day unfortunately. I will chose openness. But thanks for the advice.

Comment

• https://***********/byazuniga/status...845513217?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by model94 View Post

Apologies for offending your sensibilities; it does seem to hit a defensive nerve with some. It is a cultural, not political statement, and is the reality of the day unfortunately. I will chose openness. But thanks for the advice.
              ummm, ok but you used it in a pejorative way. It was meant as an insult and taken as such.

Back 5 years ago now there was a young teenage girl in rural Alabama who happened to be gay. A trump rally came to Birmingham and the airwaves were filled with right wing condemnation of gay people. The next morning her farmer father found her hanging in the barn and cut her down. One can only imagine the feeling she had to have prior to taking her own life that way, or the feelings of her father while he cut her down.
              I say this because being gay is not a choice. Teachers can't promote gayness because even if they wanted to it wouldn't work. I think what Democrats are trying to say is that wouldn't it be better for society as a whole to find a way to accommodate gay people rather than have things like this happen. Don't Gay people have a right to love whoever they want? Isn't it better to love someone, anyone, rather than go thru life by yourself? And how does that negatively affect you anyway? If that philosophy is being Woke, then i'm guilty.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Will the Tech fans still open their champagne?

Comment

• So they are waiting for the Title IX investigation to be done. At that point, unless there's a finding that he must be removed, they'll "finalize" a new contract that can incorporate any Title IX additional safeguards.
                  Last edited by NCAA watcher; 05-01-2022, 10:42 AM.
                  The Souza record:
                  15-16 10th place
                  16-17 10th place
                  17-18 11th place
                  18-19 8th place
                  19-20 9th place
                  20-21 10th place
                  21-22 9th place
                  22-23 10th place

Comment

• It's May 1, Blashill has been fired.

Yet he's not HC of Michigan Hockey- so much for that prediction.

Oh, and it's May 1, one day after Mel's contract expired- and he was not "let go" for the simplicity of letting the contract run out. So much for that vision..

While it's still possible that he will be let go, the concepts that our fans up in the UP, NoDak, and Boston have kind of fallen on their heads. Thank you all, so much, for your "concerns"- please remember to get something from the M-Den on your way out.
                    Last edited by MichVandal; 05-01-2022, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• let's just stick with the facts;

it's may 1st and michigan doesn't have a HC.
                      Last edited by DrunkTrainPolka; 05-01-2022, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                        It's May 1, Blashill has been fired.

Yet he's not HC of Michigan Hockey- so much for that prediction.

Oh, and it's May 1, one day after Mel's contract expired- and he was not "let go" for the simplicity of letting the contract run out. So much for that vision..

While it's still possible that he will be let go, the concepts that our fans up in the UP, NoDak, and Boston have kind of fallen on their heads. Thank you all, so much, for your "concerns"- please remember to get something from the M-Den on your way out.
                        People with no access to the investigation are outraged!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                          let's just stick with the facts;

it's may 1st and michigan doesn't have a HC.
                          What facts do you base that? How do you know there isn't a temporary extension?

The more accurate fact is that Pearson has not been let go, officially. Otherwise, that would have been noted, since there would be a significant job opening.

Either way, the April 30 predictions have not come true- Blashill isn't coach, and Pearson has not been let go for the ease of it.

The other fact is that there has not been an exodus of current and future players. Just one future player, probably because he wanted to play next season.

Comment

• I think some people are blowing right by this but to me it's a clear indication he's not going anywhere. Maybe I am reading it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

What facts do you base that? How do you know there isn't a temporary extension?

The more accurate fact is that Pearson has not been let go, officially. Otherwise, that would have been noted, since there would be a significant job opening.

Either way, the April 30 predictions have not come true- Blashill isn't coach, and Pearson has not been let go for the ease of it.

The other fact is that there has not been an exodus of current and future players. Just one future player, probably because he wanted to play next season.
                              I think you are probably right about a temporary extension. I don't know Michigan implied contract law, but in some states if the parties continue to operate as though a contract exists following the expiration of a valid contract, then a new implied contract is formed (and in some states, for the same terms (pay plus length) as the previous contract). If there is not a separate/temporary extension in place, UM could potentially open itself up to a huge can of worms if they ultimately decide to move on from Mel (i.e. pay him for x years). The fact that they are continuing to treat him as their head coach leads me to believe one of three things is at play: (1) there is a temporary extension in place (probably subject to finalizing the terms of a longer term extension); (2) the parties have come to terms on an extension, and the lawyers are just working out the final details; or (3) UM has no clue what they are doing. At this stage, I would lean towards (1) or (2), particularly in light of your last point that there has been very little player movement.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I think some people are blowing right by this but to me it's a clear indication he's not going anywhere. Maybe I am reading it wrong.
                                https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ch/9608420002/

Comment

Working...
                                X