THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    Just saw that lemon posted again. Dude, get a life. Your obsession will get the best of you. Not that there's much "best", but it's better than nothing, I suppose.
    LOL. Poor guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Here are the facts - you don’t “know” anything. Odds are you are a young kid who just graduated and live with mommy and daddy who paid your tuition but you haven’t found a job because none pay what you think you are worth. You’re that type. I “know” right.
      Since I've met MichVandal and his wife, this lovely post reads like a whole lot of projection on Lemonade's part, as do the response about 'get a life'. Umm...which of us is the fan making every other post in a thread about a team he is not a fan of?

k, thanks.

In other Michigan sports: I was sad to see a couple of falls knocking the women's gymnastics team out in the semifinals. They had a great season, but Thursday just wasn't their day.
      Softball is at Sparty tomorrow and hosts OSU this weekend. Here's hoping for nice weather.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• While "the investigation" is a common thing to bash this program, to the point that the haters think that Mel won't be returning....

If that were true, wouldn't his non-renewal been announced already? The season is done now, and getting on with the post season should be of massive importance, meaning planning for next season and beyond is key right now. So if Michigan was going to move on, isn't it reasonable to think it would have happened already?

Comment

• Congrats to Senior Jimmly Lambert for signing an ATO with the Bridgeport Islanders! Hope it goes well, and you get to keep playing!

Comment

• The MGoblue site updated to 10 players singing pro contracts. Kinda had a heart murmur, but it was Strauss Mann singing with San Jose. Good luck, Strauss!!!

Comment

While "the investigation" is a common thing to bash this program, to the point that the haters think that Mel won't be returning....

If that were true, wouldn't his non-renewal been announced already? The season is done now, and getting on with the post season should be of massive importance, meaning planning for next season and beyond is key right now. So if Michigan was going to move on, isn't it reasonable to think it would have happened already?
              Only if you want to see it that way.

Two different staffers in Ann Arbor have told me there was an agreement between Warde Manuel and Mel Pearson that if the team didn't win the NCAA tournament, there would be no contract renewal. Their conversation and embrace that some witnessed after the Denver game would lend credence to that. If it is indeed the case Muckalt becomes the interim coach, and if the investigation exonerates him he would likely stay in the job - with one notable exception.

There's a school of thought that they're waiting to see if Jeff Blashill will be available and he'd be the #1 candidate to be the next coach. That would also explain the delay.

Comment

• Ya I will call BS on that one. If the investigation turns up some big scandal, they wouldn't say well we would fire you but you won the national title so here's your extension. That is nonsense. Conversely, you're not gonna let go of a coach over this because he lost in OT at the FF. Has nothing to do with how the FF went and will have everything to do with what actually happened off the ice.

Comment

• This is a good place to pop some xtra butter Orville and then sit down for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Only if you want to see it that way.

Two different staffers in Ann Arbor have told me there was an agreement between Warde Manuel and Mel Pearson that if the team didn't win the NCAA tournament, there would be no contract renewal. Their conversation and embrace that some witnessed after the Denver game would lend credence to that. If it is indeed the case Muckalt becomes the interim coach, and if the investigation exonerates him he would likely stay in the job - with one notable exception.

There's a school of thought that they're waiting to see if Jeff Blashill will be available and he'd be the #1 candidate to be the next coach. That would also explain the delay.
                    If that was the case, what is taking so long? Shouldn't that have been announced already to secure the early off season and make sure that players that committed will still come? That loss to Denver was 2 weeks ago.

When Red retired, the timing wasn't that important to Michigan, given that the target was already known. But unless the new coach is already in line (who I can't imagine who it would be, other than possibly Jeff Tambellini) they need to get on this earlier rather than later. Which is my point.

And I really don't see why Blashill would be such a target that he would be waited to be fired from a job for. So that doesn't make much sense.

I suppose it could happen, but it doesn't make much sense.

edit- even if it does happen, so what? Do you want him back at Tech? It's not as if Michigan will close the doors at Yost. There won't be sanctions, and if Blashill becomes the coach, players will still come to the program.
                    Last edited by MichVandal; 04-21-2022, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Shouldn't that have been announced already to secure the early off season and make sure that players that committed will still come?

It's not as if Michigan will close the doors at Yost. There won't be sanctions, and if Blashill becomes the coach, players will still come to the program.
                      So which is it? You want a coach in fast so you don't lose players, or it doesn't matter and you won't lose players anyway?

Comment

So which is it? You want a coach in fast so you don't lose players, or it doesn't matter and you won't lose players anyway?
                        One is logic that explains why something hasn't happened yet, the other is wondering why this is such a big deal to you.

So both.

Comment

• Or there might be an even simpler explanation:

The investigation started on or before Oct. 28, and the University’s policy states that it “strives to complete” investigations into misconduct within 180 days including appeals. In this case, that would be April 26. But that’s not a guarantee. That date isn’t set in stone thanks to that soft deadline, and that leaves plenty of room for Michigan to hide the investigation’s findings.
                          Is it April 26 yet? I'd expect nothing from the University or the investigators before then. And even then ... “strives to complete”.

Finals are underway in Ann Arbor. Last day is April 28.

Friday April 29 seems like a good choice "news dump" day.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• I guess you're right, we shouldn't care considering the news that will be announced soon. The GLI is back on the schedule, and Michigan has been kicked out of it.

Comment

I guess you're right, we shouldn't care considering the news that will be announced soon. The GLI is back on the schedule, and Michigan has been kicked out of it.
                              It's a shame, but given the crowds, maybe it's run it's course? Even with all the Tech fans here in SE MI, it was mostly empty.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Or there might be an even simpler explanation:

Is it April 26 yet? I'd expect nothing from the University or the investigators before then. And even then ... “strives to complete”.

Finals are underway in Ann Arbor. Last day is April 28.

Friday April 29 seems like a good choice "news dump" day.
                                Still, the accusations that were directly fireable offenses were not true- otherwise he would have been gone months ago. The other stuff, I guess we will see.

Remember, in the time frame from the accusation to now, the University President was let go REALLY quickly for having an affair... So it's not as if things won't happen quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X