THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by model94 View Post
    The model of loading a team with (young) high draft choices who leave after 2 doesn't work against older teams in college hockey now. It gets you close. But it doesn't get you there.
    Michigan will be lucky to be .500 next year. The one and done stud recipe doesn’t work and let’s not forget this team was made up of players that surprisingly came back for an extra year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Michigan will be lucky to be .500 next year. The one and done stud recipe doesn’t work and let’s not forget this team was made up of players that surprisingly came back for an extra year.
      Well, it's a good thing you don't like this team, isn't it?

Do you really think that your opinion actually matters? Seriously? I'd much rather watch fun up and down hockey instead of some mid-ice slog fest. Seing players being creative in the offensive zone is a lot more fun than watching shots get blocked.

The best games of the season have been against Minnesota thanks to them following a similar path.

Comment

• Originally posted by model94 View Post
        The model of loading a team with (young) high draft choices who leave after 2 doesn't work against older teams in college hockey now. It gets you close. But it doesn't get you there.
        I would say Michigan has come as close as any of the blue bloods. They still had a decent group of seniors too in Blankenburg, Pastujov, Moyle, Lambert, Van Wyhe, Morgan. I know you didn't say this but the idea that Michigan not winning the national title this year is a failure is simply idiotic. A failure would be missing the tournament, losing to AIC or collapsing against Quinnipiac.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I would say Michigan has come as close as any of the blue bloods. They still had a decent group of seniors too in Blankenburg, Pastujov, Moyle, Lambert, Van Wyhe, Morgan. I know you didn't say this but the idea that Michigan not winning the national title this year is a failure is simply idiotic. A failure would be missing the tournament, losing to AIC or collapsing against Quinnipiac.
          It will be interesting to see if any of the seniors take the 5th season.

Comment

• you think looking at the teams that are making it to the championship, how many players have been there all 4 years to grow within the program
            UM continues to bring in high draft picks over 20 year old's peaking out of college who will give you 4 years and the remedy for them does not work to win it all
            my opinion is the high picks are 1-2 years and gone. Duluth has been the model, bring in 20 year old's peaking last year junior and they keep developing over the 4 years of their college run. I also keep bringing this up, however have to build these players over 4 years and the portal is not the answer

Comment

• on another thread someone questioned my portal stance.. I just believe in bringing in players that are currently peaking and you can build with for 4 years.
              The portal a top player will go to the top programs so yes they win. However the portal is the same strategy as UM you only have that player a shorter period of time. I believe that schools that fixate on the portal will miss big time on 20 year old's peaking out of junior that will be better players through their time spent.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

No, I didn't. And for the record I'm a Mel fan. He got MTUs program back to a respectable level. And an interesting piece of trivia: in the mid 80s at Tech, you could take "Hockey" as a physical ed. class. At that time they made the jr. assistant coach teach it. I took the class. Mr. Pearson was the teacher.
                Last edited by model94; 04-09-2022, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

No, but it is sure fun to watch. Which is all that fans can do.
                  I'd agree. Over the years as a S'Hawks fan, my favorite seasons were years they did not win a banner but played good, entertaining hockey all year long. There are a lot oif weekends during the year; give me great hockey on a regular basis and I'm happy. It's great when they win it all, especially since the boys playing the game get their reward. But as a fan, it's not the final measure for me.

Comment

Well, it's a good thing you don't like this team, isn't it?

Do you really think that your opinion actually matters? Seriously? I'd much rather watch fun up and down hockey instead of some mid-ice slog fest. Seing players being creative in the offensive zone is a lot more fun than watching shots get blocked.

The best games of the season have been against Minnesota thanks to them following a similar path.

So sour after losing huh. Be better. I hope you enjoy up and down .500 hockey next season. At least you will be entertained.

Comment

So sour after losing huh. Be better. I hope you enjoy up and down .500 hockey next season. At least you will be entertained.
                      Sour? You are the one complaining so much that the team lost.

But if we make the tournament next season, and still lose, I'm sure you will be hurt about that, even if they beat your prediction.

And you do need to explain why you think your opinion matters so much. You are literally nobody. Has your program even won anything significant?

Must have a great life that you spend so much of your effort and life to talk about the loss of a team that you don't even like. I'm sure there are people out there who are envious of you.

I'm not one of them, though.

Comment

Sour? You are the one complaining so much that the team lost.

But if we make the tournament next season, and still lose, I'm sure you will be hurt about that, even if they beat your prediction.

And you do need to explain why you think your opinion matters so much. You are literally nobody. Has your program even won anything significant?

Must have a great life that you spend so much of your effort and life to talk about the loss of a team that you don't even like. I'm sure there are people out there who are envious of you.

I'm not one of them, though.

Got you eating out my hand….sore loser. Go dodge another game….that’s when your season ended.

Comment

Got you eating out my hand….sore loser. Go dodge another game….that’s when your season ended.
                          Still here? You should go to MGoBlue.com and order some stuff, given your obsession with the program. You've posted more here in the last couple of days than some regular posters. Michigan appreciates your attention.

BTW, your mom probably has dinner ready, so you can go upstairs and get some food.

And if that's the best you got, it's no wonder your team is worse than Michigan. I don't even know what your team is, but I know it's worse than Michigan. Otherwise, you would spend more time rooting for your team.

Comment

• Originally posted by QU/UM View Post
                            Power and Johnson gone. I would imagine Beniers follows shortly. Then it gets interesting.
                            Beniers is gone to Seattle. (the original MGoBlue article was edited today- https://mgoblue.com/news/2022/4/8/ic...acts-2022.aspx)

So now we are into your interesting phase.

edit- I'm seeing reporting that Portillo will be returning. Which is kind of expected, since goalies take longer to make it to the big game due to development timing.
                            Last edited by MichVandal; 04-10-2022, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Beniers is gone to Seattle. (the original MGoBlue article was edited today- https://mgoblue.com/news/2022/4/8/ic...acts-2022.aspx)

So now we are into your interesting phase.

edit- I'm seeing reporting that Portillo will be returning. Which is kind of expected, since goalies take longer to make it to the big game due to development timing.
                              You are talking to yourself...no one else is here.

Comment

You are talking to yourself...no one else is here.
                                A good place you can get your Michigan gear is the M Den- https://www.mden.com/

There's a few in Ann Arbor next time you are in town, but they are on line, too.

Lots of good Michigan Athletics gear you can get for your clear interest in the Michigan Athletic program.

#goBlue #Michiganathletics #mgoblue

Comment

Working...
                                X