THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
    I’m a little sad about this whole situation… judging by the Twitter mob coming after MI hockey, the whole program is about to be burned to the ground. The details as to the “toxic culture” seem a little too vague for the conviction.
    Some people presume guilt just base on accusations.

There is one tidbit that I'm concerned about- but it's not Mel specifically.

Comment

• That's one heck of an allegation: Go to Michigan and have your coach teach you how to ... lie?

And the rest of the article is a litany of unsavory ungoodness.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
        There is one tidbit that I'm concerned about- but it's not Mel specifically.
        So not Mel.

Dr. Anderson's legacy?
        The Title IX allegation?
        Discrimination ("toxic environment") against female staff?
        Retaliation charges in the hockey program? <-- Wait, that'd be Mel, my bad.
        Bancroft (now hockey ops) not dealing with Anderson?
        Taking a Covid-hot roommate on the road and ending a season?
        "Deliberate indifference" to sexual harassment claims?
        Inappropriate relationships between a Regent and an employee?

Read more here:
        https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ey-Program.php

Geez, PSU had it's problems.
        Michigan State had the gymnastics "doctor" (in quotes because no real doctor does that).
        Now all this at Michigan.

< messenger will be shot in 3, ... 2, ... >
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Another article regarding this mess...
          https://gulogulohockey.substack.com/p/here-we-go-again
          License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

• I'm glad there was an exhibition game last night to distract from the drama.

Michigan wins in OT over the jailbait. 3 goalies got time in net, 4 different goal scorers: Keranan, Summers, Beecher, Lambert.
            The Michigan commits looked good, Nazar scored 2 of USA's 3 goals.

We watched on BTN+ and couldn't find any takers for our tickets...not too many venturing out in the snow for an exhibition game.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Clearly there is lots of excitement for our upcoming series vs. State.

I'm planning to go Friday. I'm hoping I'll get to see one of my favorite Spartans after the game. I'm busy trying to convince the husband to go, or to tell me if he's not going so I can sell his ticket. He's saying he worries about our 2 year old and Covid...which I get, but we've already taken her to games this year, everyone wears masks, numbers are down, and now UofM is asking for proof of vaccination or negative covid test. It is a level of risk I'm willing to accept, but I also go to work everyday and he works from home and almost never leaves the house.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                Clearly there is lots of excitement for our upcoming series vs. State.

I'm planning to go Friday. I'm hoping I'll get to see one of my favorite Spartans after the game. I'm busy trying to convince the husband to go, or to tell me if he's not going so I can sell his ticket. He's saying he worries about our 2 year old and Covid...which I get, but we've already taken her to games this year, everyone wears masks, numbers are down, and now UofM is asking for proof of vaccination or negative covid test. It is a level of risk I'm willing to accept, but I also go to work everyday and he works from home and almost never leaves the house.
                We are not coming for similar reasons, but am hoping for next week- doubtful, though.

Comment

• Solid weekend. Penalty kill could use some work.

Nice to move into 1st in the B1G. This weekend vs. aOSU is huge for the standings. Last series we split. The team down South is coming off a home weekend where they were swept by the Gophers.

Arenas visited:

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    Solid weekend. Penalty kill could use some work.

Nice to move into 1st in the B1G. This weekend vs. aOSU is huge for the standings. Last series we split. The team down South is coming off a home weekend where they were swept by the Gophers.
                    This weekend we will get a better feel of the impact of the 4 players in China right now. The team played really well last week without them, but was that all team depth or issues with State?

Hopefully, it was that the team is playing better overall, and when they come back, the team will be a lot better at the end of the month going into the tournament.

Comment

• The USA Men's hockey team lost their quarterfinal game last night and are on their way home.
                      I would be very surprised if Beniers and Brisson play this weekend against that team whose named shall never be said but I would also be surprised if they are not present and watching.
                      However on a better note it would be a shock if they do not play against the leprechaun next week.
                      Team Canada is still alive so Power and Johnson will not be here this weekend. Since the Olympics finish this Sunday they both should be back and playing next weekend.
                      Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                      Row 1
                      Seats 6 & 7
                      Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                        The USA Men's hockey team lost their quarterfinal game last night and are on their way home.
                        I would be very surprised if Beniers and Brisson play this weekend against that team whose named shall never be said but I would also be surprised if they are not present and watching.
                        However on a better note it would be a shock if they do not play against the leprechaun next week.
                        Team Canada is still alive so Power and Johnson will not be here this weekend. Since the Olympics finish this Sunday they both should be back and playing next weekend.
                        Now that Canada has lost, maybe they can all share a flight home.

Comment

• Nice sweep. Especially with the team from south playing like old teams from the south.

Still have a lot of puck control issues- but at least tonight was better than last night WRT that. The penalties, though. Talk about taking some bad ones. And the PP was not all that sharp tonight- only 2 shots on the major.

Will be nice to have the 4 back for next weekend.

As for Luke Hughes- will he make ESPN top 10 for that rush? That was pretty nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                            The USA Men's hockey team lost their quarterfinal game last night and are on their way home.
                            So they are going to actually play the games?
                            License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackheart View Post

So they are going to actually play the games?
                              That joke is kind of weak given they won all the games without the 4 players. Perhaps try a different angle?

Comment

• So it all comes down to this - we need to sweep the pair of games in South Bend this weekend in order to finish first the B1G Ten regular season standings and have home ice throughout the B1G playoffs. We have a 2 point lead over Minnesota who is hosting Wisconsin for a pair. I'm nervous about this. I just do not see any way Minnesota does not sweep Wisconsin and taking the 6 points. The leprechaun always seems to play over their heads against us. Considering they swept us in Yost back in November I have a bad feeling.
                                Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                                Row 1
                                Seats 6 & 7
                                Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Working...
                                X