THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugarisland View Post
    There is a long way to go and I will assume that both will be in the tourney field and my wish is for the NCAA selection committee to have a sense of karma and put Michigan and Western in the same bracket so they will have their "rubber" game.
    If the numbers work out, so be it. Still have to win 4 games to win an NC.

Comment

• The excuse that Michigan gave is such utter bs. If Michigan was told sure you can cancel, but it’ll go down as a forfeit, the game would be played. Player safety. Yeah, ok. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Why? Do you really care what I think about your team?
        You really think it's a good thing that your squad is being viewed as cowards? Hell the NCHC Twitter flat out trolled them.
        Maybe you as a fan don't care ..but your school sure should.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I'm sorry, but that's just silly. You want to penalize Michigan Hockey because we don't really care what you think of us? Seriously?

At least give some of us credit for actually KNOWING and accepting that you and most of the country hates Michigan. There's no point in really caring about what other team's fans think of us. None what so ever. As if you could hate the program any more than you already do. You already call us something other than our mascot, as if it's some kind of clever thing to do...

And for other teams to put any program on some kind of pedestal- making the game more important... we all play with the same restrictions- same number of players on the bench, same number of scholarships, etc. We are all the same.
          So then why don't YOU explain why you don't deserve to forfeit the game against Western. It's scheduled, the Broncos are ready to play. I've seen no mention of rescheduling. Why shouldn't you be charged with a forfeit if you can't play the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

So then why don't YOU explain why you don't deserve to forfeit the game against Western. It's scheduled, the Broncos are ready to play. I've seen no mention of rescheduling. Why shouldn't you be charged with a forfeit if you can't play the game?
            I'm ok with that. Although, I'm not sure why that explanation is on MY shoulders. You seem to think that it bothers me somehow. It clearly bothers you much, much, much more than me, and we are still playing your team. Give you an opportunity- if you win both games, you can claim a GLI victory again.

If this was a COVID cancelation, well, it would be treated very differently.
            Last edited by MichVandal; 12-28-2021, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

You really think it's a good thing that your squad is being viewed as cowards? Hell the NCHC Twitter flat out trolled them.
              Maybe you as a fan don't care ..but your school sure should.
              As I've pointed out before, I really don't care what other fans think, nor do I care if the official twitter feed wastes their time pretending this is some kind of big deal.

And given the school has already done it, they don't care, either. It's pretty funny that canceling the game for player safety is such a horrible thing to do. The machismo testosterone flowing is as much endless as it's pointless.

Given that we've had two seasons called off for health reasons, last year when we were on a major roll when players had COVID issues, I'd much rather make sure we can finish the season than pretend that they are super manly or something.

Comment

I'm ok with that.

Although, if this was a COVID cancelation, well, it would be treated very differently.
                Minnesota and Fairbanks had Covid issues in October, they rescheduled to January.

RPI and Vermont had Covid issues in NY, they moved the games to Burlington.

If you cancel, you forfeit. Like the skunks did in the NCAA tournament. If they want to reschedule, different story. But with no NHL players in the Olympics, don't be shocked if you're missing players for that too. And then we start this discussion all over again.

Comment

As I've pointed out before, I really don't care what other fans think, nor do I care if the official twitter feed wastes their time pretending this is some kind of big deal.

And given the school has already done it, they don't care, either. It's pretty funny that canceling the game for player safety is such a horrible thing to do. The machismo testosterone flowing is as much endless as it's pointless.

Given that we've had two seasons called off for health reasons, last year when we were on a major roll when players had COVID issues, I'd much rather make sure we can finish the season than pretend that they are super manly or something.
                  The hockey community would buy that reason if the Wolverines cancelled both games. Even the most colorblind fan can see that. Any other argument is just trolling. I like you, but dying on this undefendable hill isn't it.
                  Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

The hockey community would buy that reason if the Wolverines cancelled both games. Even the most colorblind fan can see that. Any other argument is just trolling. I like you, but dying on this undefendable hill isn't it.
                    Valid reason or not, the idea of canceling for player safety being so bad is, well, yea.

I'm not the coach, or any of the players, or even the AD- they thought this had to be done, and so be it. And I bet that weak ticket sales didn't make them want to come out with a handful of fans.

The hill I'm "dying" on is- why should I worry if the NCHC thinks Michigan are cowards? That has no meaning to anything- it's not as if we win the game, Michigan would garner any more support from anyone in that conference. Having so many fans from other programs over here trying to convince us that we should be mad, or offended, or whatever we should feel- that's seriously funny. It's also a colossal waste of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Minnesota and Fairbanks had Covid issues in October, they rescheduled to January.

RPI and Vermont had Covid issues in NY, they moved the games to Burlington.

If you cancel, you forfeit. Like the skunks did in the NCAA tournament. If they want to reschedule, different story. But with no NHL players in the Olympics, don't be shocked if you're missing players for that too. And then we start this discussion all over again.
                      Since that's not happening, sucks for you, doesn't it? If you want to continue to try to convince Michigan fans we should be as upset as you are- you are welcome to do so. I would suggest that it will be a total waste of your time and energy. Go spend it getting to know the Tech players you already know- that will actually make your life richer.

Comment

Valid reason or not, the idea of canceling for player safety being so bad is, well, yea.

I'm not the coach, or any of the players, or even the AD- they thought this had to be done, and so be it. And I bet that weak ticket sales didn't make them want to come out with a handful of fans.

The hill I'm "dying" on is- why should I worry if the NCHC thinks Michigan are cowards? That has no meaning to anything- it's not as if we win the game, Michigan would garner any more support from anyone in that conference. Having so many fans from other programs over here trying to convince us that we should be mad, or offended, or whatever we should feel- that's seriously funny. It's also a colossal waste of time.
                        Michigan is blatently using your position to dodge a chance at losing PWR. Some are adding words like "cowardice, pu$$ies, yellow chickens, chicken $hit little ********", to the action, but at the end of the day, Michigan chose to not play a tough game because they thought they would lose. The NCHC fans have every right to be upset because they think they might be able to take some games off WMU the rest of the season therby increasing their PWR. And ALL college hockey fans should be upset that we didn't get to see the best game of the month due to Michigan taking their puck and going home.
                        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Michigan is blatently using your position to dodge a chance at losing PWR. Some are adding words like "cowardice, pu$$ies, yellow chickens, chicken $hit little ********", to the action, but at the end of the day, Michigan chose to not play a tough game because they thought they would lose. The NCHC fans have every right to be upset because they think they might be able to take some games off WMU the rest of the season therby increasing their PWR. And ALL college hockey fans should be upset that we didn't get to see the best game of the month due to Michigan taking their puck and going home.
                          That's fine. Be angry. It's not as if anyone can watch the game. Unless you invest in a BTN+ subscription.

And that's the real problem with the GLI. For most of the tournament that I've been in Michigan, we could watch all of the games on Fox Sports Detroit, which is now Ballys Sports Detroit. But Ballys isn't showing the games. Although, I can watch the Holiday Face Off- which is odd.

Perhaps the change from FS-regional to Ballys changed the contracting?? Dunno. I'd expect that the TV coverage made enough money for Olympia Ent. to keep this going, but now, it looks like it will go away. And this, I really don't get. I always watched the games when we could see them, even when we were not in SE MI, and now they are not on TV.

If there's a real downfall from the B1G is that neither MSU nor Michigan are shown on Ballys Detroit. Ever. Which means the GLI is on a subscription streaming thing.

This BTN+ BS started last year for me- when pretty much all of our home games were on BTN+. Which I'm not going to get. We couldn't even go to games and had to buy a subscription to see out team. Now they expect us to do it, again.

If anything makes me mad at Michigan, it's that. That's just being greedy for the B1G.

Comment

• FWIW, even if Michigan forfeited, it wouldn't have helped WMU in the Pairwise.

https://twitter.com/chnews/status/14...3NquQKkjA&s=19
                            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                            ECAC:
                            HEA: UMass
                            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                              FWIW, even if Michigan forfeited, it wouldn't have helped WMU in the Pairwise.

https://twitter.com/chnews/status/14...3NquQKkjA&s=19
                              I'm sure most of the anger on the WMU side stems from we believe we would win that game. There is likely some that want it as a FF to record Michigan's inability to play the game that was scheduled, because ***, but mostly we thought we would win and Michigan is blatently dodging a loss to protect their PWR.
                              Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

I'm sure most of the anger on the WMU side stems from we believe we would win that game. There is likely some that want it as a FF to record Michigan's inability to play the game that was scheduled, because ***, but mostly we thought we would win and Michigan is blatently dodging a loss to protect their PWR.
                                I don't disagree. But a number of people have mentioned it should have been a forfeit. Just pointing out that the Pairwise doesn't care about forfeits.
                                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                                ECAC:
                                HEA: UMass
                                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Working...
                                X