No announcement yet.

THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck of a start to this game, getting one within a min, and 2 more by the end of the first. But nothing after that, and they hang on to win. Listening to the coverage, the 5 on 5 D is still the problem, the PK got more shots on goal than Sparty did. They somehow need to get the mental from the PK and put it there all the time.

Comment

Watching the penalty kill against State was fun and exciting, even if there was no short handed goal. Killing off that 5 minute on Friday....it was solid. Nice to get a sweep. Saturday's game looked well in had with the 3-0. Glad they held on to get the 3-2 win.

Now let's see if they can keep the momentum going for Thursday-Friday in Happy Valley.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G
      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
      2 Alaskan

Comment

The Thursday game certainly looked good. Seemed that some of the worst parts of the 5-5 D was cleaned up- PSU still got some chances, but they were not as good as previous opponents got, and they left Portillo with some clean lines to watch. Could be that PSU's game was different enough to not showcase that, but it was good. PK still looked good- they have one of the better PP's, and we still kept them back.

And it was also nice to see them make adjustments- moving the puck during the First seemed hard, especially gaining the zone, and that was dealt with as the 2nd started.

PSU's best chance should end up on Top Plays, as the save Portillo made was pretty amazing- and it was interesting to see them press for odd man rushes even on the PK like that.

Fun game to watch.

Comment

What impressed me most about Michigan when watching last night's game was the team chemistry. Everybody knowing where he had to be and what he had to do and the guys could pass all evening not even looking and know it was going to end up on a teammates stick right where they wanted it. A formidable bunch indeed.

Comment

Well, that was a nice sweep.

Listening to the game, two things stuck in my head- the refs could have called a lot more penalties on PSU and PSU seemed to read a lot about the top draft pick status of the team, as it sounded like the spent a lot of time just watching our team.

The good thing about the weekend- of the 3 goals PSU scored, we immediately scored after. And our PK held their PP to 1 for 11. And that one was just after a 5 on 3 ended (after 48 seconds). One of the kills was also during a 5 min. It would be interesting to look at the plays, as other games had us getting more opportunities for us to score on the PK.

Comment

Disappointing results this weekend after how each game started. As a Michigan fan, I believe I'm obligated to complain about the officiating. I get frustrated when the officials swallow their whistles because it's a close game, and they don't want to decide it, but then they do end up deciding it.

Hopefully we can have a good, clean weekend vs. Niagara before hosting the Gophers the following week.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                Disappointing results this weekend after how each game started. As a Michigan fan, I believe I'm obligated to complain about the officiating. I get frustrated when the officials swallow their whistles because it's a close game, and they don't want to decide it, but then they do end up deciding it.

Hopefully we can have a good, clean weekend vs. Niagara before hosting the Gophers the following week.
                Still not going to a game, but listening to the game, I really wondered what the refs were doing. One of them have made 4 of the 5 majors against Michigan this season. And the one Saturday was very questionable (according to them).

Seems like the refs don't want to make a call that will make us win, even if it's valid, but the opposite is more than true.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Still not going to a game, but listening to the game, I really wondered what the refs were doing. One of them have made 4 of the 5 majors against Michigan this season. And the one Saturday was very questionable (according to them).

Seems like the refs don't want to make a call that will make us win, even if it's valid, but the opposite is more than true.
                  U of M fans, regardless of the sport always complain about officiating. Hear me out on this one, maybe just maybe, U of M's teams just aren't as good as advertised every year. Just a thought, but by all means feel free to go back to complaining about the refs.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post

U of M fans, regardless of the sport always complain about officiating. Hear me out on this one, maybe just maybe, U of M's teams just aren't as good as advertised every year. Just a thought, but by all means feel free to go back to complaining about the refs.
                    If Michigan was unique in that, you might have a point. But every fanbase complains about the refs. So feel free and crawl back under that rock.

I'm just interpreting what I heard. Sorry that you could not see that in my post.

Comment

• Anyone coming down for the games this weekend?

Comment

• Did anyone catch last night's game?
                        Gave up 3 goals in only 50 seconds, all even strength!
                        3rd period, 8:21, 8:30 and 9:11 according to the box score.
                        ***?!?!?!?!

https://mgoblue.com/sports/mens-ice-...boxscore/20681
                        Last edited by JoeZ; 12-12-2021, 07:19 AM. Reason: added link
                        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7
                        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                          Did anyone catch last night's game?
                          Gave up 3 goals in only 50 seconds, all even strength!
                          3rd period, 8:21, 8:30 and 9:11 according to the box score.
                          ***?!?!?!?!

https://mgoblue.com/sports/mens-ice-...boxscore/20681
                          They all didn't look like they wanted to play.... The first of those 3, 4 Michigan players were just watching the play and not paying attention to anyone other than the puck holder.

Comment

• Umm... do any of you all know if there has been any changes to covid protocols recently at Yost and do you think there will be by the 29th? thanks so much.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Umm... do any of you all know if there has been any changes to covid protocols recently at Yost and do you think there will be by the 29th? thanks so much.
                              I believe the change is to "protect" their players by not playing the next day. Broncos scary.
                              Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

I believe the change is to "protect" their players by not playing the next day. Broncos scary.
                                To be fair, they only have 8 defensemen, 13 forwards, and 3 goalies available for their roster while 5 are at the World Juniors.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X