No announcement yet.

THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish we were going to the games this weekend. I am excited for those of you that are.

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Where I live I cannot pickup the radio broadcast signal after the sun goes down. Looking at the box score for last night's game I see Owen Power was called for "Illegal equipment". Does anyone know what was illegal? None of the written coverages I have read mentioned it. The only thing that comes to my mind is that he might have had too much curve in the blade orhad a broken stick and did not drop it soon enough.
      Last edited by JoeZ; 10-16-2021, 09:53 AM.
      Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
      Row 1
      Seats 6 & 7
      Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

After Blankenburg got bashed in the head, it looks like we really picked up the game. I heard the 3rd period, and saw the highlights, but it would be interesting to hear what people who saw the whole game thought.

And Brisson's goal made it to #4 on the ESPN top plays for yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
          Where I live I cannot pickup the radio broadcast signal after the sun goes down. Looking at the box score for last night's game I see Owen Power was called for "Illegal equipment". Does anyone know what was illegal? None of the written coverages I have read mentioned it. The only thing that comes to my mind is that he might have had too much curve in the blade orhad a broken stick and did not drop it soon enough.
          Power was playing with a broken stick.

I'm not positive about this, but I think I met his dad yesterday.

Your best bet for radio is probably streaming. Good news this afternoon is that the game ends before sundown, at least here in Duluth.

Our family will be in the same spot, visible above the goal on the right side of the screen.
          Jesus Saves

Comment

My wonderful husband was able to get a video feed for us to watch this weekend. Last night Duluth controlled the puck for much of the first 10 minutes. The cheap hit to Blankenberg that resulted in a misconduct was definitely a turning point. Michigan started to control the puck enough to get shots on goal (something they weren't doing early).

Should be a good game this afternoon. May give us a good idea of how good this Michigan team is/can be.

I was really impressed with Portillo yesterday.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Rather then streaming the game via the WTKA link or the U-M link try Radio Garden app. In the past I've had problems with the TKA stream, dropping out. Only bad thing is that the 'back-up' station for the games, a VERY weak one is not listed on R_G. The only other hockey network station listed is the Newberry and it is on the R-G feed. This might be a good option when football/ basketball conflict.
              I used the app, last weekend, to listen to the other teams radio b-cast to see how they called it. The Garden gets most every station in the world even the streaming one's. Like Hell, Michigan's heavy metal station. Who knew?
              He is as cool as a bomb disposal technician!

Comment

Hockey on a Thursday is not right, unless it's a tournament.

7 pm at Yost tonight. Wisconsin fans seem pretty down on their team this season. They are 2-4-0 with the wins coming against Army. They were swept at home by Tech and last weekend at SCSU. Common opponent between us, is they lost an exhibition game to UMD.

I'll be disappointed with anything less than a sweep this week. Hopefully we can put that loss to Western behind us.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  Hockey on a Thursday is not right, unless it's a tournament.

7 pm at Yost tonight. Wisconsin fans seem pretty down on their team this season. They are 2-4-0 with the wins coming against Army. They were swept at home by Tech and last weekend at SCSU. Common opponent between us, is they lost an exhibition game to UMD.

I'll be disappointed with anything less than a sweep this week. Hopefully we can put that loss to Western behind us.
                  I'm kind of thinking the Western loss came at a good time- the team needs to know that they can't win the game just because of draft picks. To learn that now is good.

I still doubt we will be there this weekend. Especially tonight, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                    I'm kind of thinking the Western loss came at a good time- the team needs to know that they can't win the game just because of draft picks. To learn that now is good.
                    Yes, the timing was perfect.

The Broncos sort of showed the path with the effective use of the neutral zone trap. I didn't see any of Friday's game but it was nice to see that they turned it around and earned a split even if they had to go to O.T. to do it.

The Badgers tried to do the same but didn't have the success the Broncos had. Portillo had a good evening. Now they need to build on it tonight.

Row 1
                    Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Have the Children of Yost gone woke?
                      It's like they cannot hurt the feelings of the opposing sieve by telling him he sucks.
                      When was the last time you heard the old school classic chants - the blackhole - the phone call from mom?
                      What do need to do to get the C.O.Y. to resume using them?
                      Row 1
                      Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Have the Children of Yost gone woke?
                        It's like they cannot hurt the feelings of the opposing sieve by telling him he sucks.
                        When was the last time you heard the old school classic chants - the blackhole - the phone call from mom?
                        What do need to do to get the C.O.Y. to resume using them?
                        The phone call from Mom doesn't happen because the phone in the announcer's booth no longer rings. There is someone in the student section that still
                        leads a phone call chant. Sitting in 13 I could hear him Thursday.

Maybe you're just listening for old cheers, and not recognizing the new ones. When the dj plays "Hey baby" the students tell the sieve he sucks....and then they rush and get several bars ahead of the song, which angers me.

A year of pandemic and no in person fans means you now have 1/2 your student section that had likely never been to a game at Yost. It usually took a few weekends to get Freshman up to snuff on cheers.

Discussing cheers feels better than discussing Friday's game.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          I wish we were going to the games this weekend. I am excited for those of you that are.
                          I just wanted to tell you WT it's with great disappointment I won't be up there for our games against you. I'll still be going through chemo and was told to avoid crowds as it's going to compromise my immune system and Yost is pretty packed. Plus even a 3 & 1/2 hour drive may tax me too much. I always looked forward to seeing your growing family.
                          I'll still go to games down here as it's pretty wide open but if you decide to make a road trip down here to watch your team please give me a heads up!
                          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-02-2021, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            I just wanted to tell you WT it's with great disappointment I won't be up there for our games against you. I'll still be going through chemo and was told to avoid crowds as it's going to compromise my immune system and Yost is pretty packed. Plus even a 3 & 1/2 hour drive may tax me too much. I always looked forward to seeing your growing family.
                            I'll still go to games down here as it's pretty wide open but if you decide to make a road trip down here to watch your team please give me a heads up!
                            Health is more important than meeting a very cute 2.5 year old parasite. Sorry to hear you won't make it up here. Get better and make it to Yost for the '22-23 season

It's been awhile since I've taken a hockey road trip...so I'm tempted, figuring a Saturday game in Columbus would be do-able.....except I looked at the schedule and 8 pm game time is unappealing. Even watching from home, I'll probably be asleep before the 3rd period.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Yes, the timing was perfect.

The Broncos sort of showed the path with the effective use of the neutral zone trap. I didn't see any of Friday's game but it was nice to see that they turned it around and earned a split even if they had to go to O.T. to do it.

The Badgers tried to do the same but didn't have the success the Broncos had. Portillo had a good evening. Now they need to build on it tonight.
                              Now they just need to figure out how to shoot around legs. I listened to Saturday's game, and it sounded mostly that the Badgers had the entire slot surrounded by players just blocking shots. So once they got the lead, it was hard to drag it back.

BTW, a small rant- can you call it something other than "woke"- as that just means someone was asleep. That's got to be the dumbest bash on someone who has changed their stance on something. Just stick with PC- it's inflammatory, too- and it's realistically not used badly. Like the student section should be- be more creative than the people who came up with "woke".

Comment

Dang, what a team we have.

Not without issues, and it's almost an odd one. Although not unique to Michigan- we are pretty shaky on 5-5 D. The goals State got were just good long pressure in our zone, and eventually they got an easy shot and goal. The odd part is that they are so goon on the PK. How is it that our even strength D is rather uncomfortable when the short handed D is so solid?

Our best D though is offense- just spend the game in their zone, and the game becomes pretty easy.

Kind of surprised that MSU didn't try was Wisco and Western did- just block shots. That foils our offense pretty well. I'm ok with that- given that we can win those games.

Comment

Working...
                                X