THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    So since those 3, in particular, are coming back, does that mean the 3 other players, who were expecting to come to campus this year to fill those spots, are not going to come or is the roster just going to expand? I've noticed a number of schools expanding the roster, but you can only get so big.

Here ya go - the official 2021-22 roster: https://mgoblue.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

So the answer to my question it appears is: Frantelli, Haskins , and Williams are being put back a year. ?
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

The full season schedule is now up on the MGoBlue website: https://mgoblue.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/schedule

​​​​​​
        Row 1
        Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Looks like Yost is offering seat cushions now. Unlike football, they won't get rained on.

Here's hoping the cushions help dampen the sound. I'm looking forward to hockey season, but I'm not looking forward to having to wear earplugs at a sporting event.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
            Looks like Yost is offering seat cushions now. Unlike football, they won't get rained on.

Here's hoping the cushions help dampen the sound. I'm looking forward to hockey season, but I'm not looking forward to having to wear earplugs at a sporting event.
            Had I not been sitting on my coat for the last 25 years, I would have been tempted.

Looks like we are going to skip a good part of the season- just to see how the trends go for inside crowds like that.

Comment

I also use ear plugs.
              The sound level IS too loud during the warm-ups. You cannot carry a chat with a person next to you! When the new sound system went in the PA calls were terrible. Sounded like mumbling in the upper endzone area. It got fixed after a few folks saw a person with a sound meter taking readings and told him it wasn't the db level but the 'pitch'. Either new mike or less Bass/more Treble and the problem was fixed.
              I used to let my radio buds act as plugs but the reception is so bad due to all the metal used in the seating. Even though the radio would be about 7 to 15 sec, behind you got an explanation of a ref's call.

U-AK Fairbanks radio guy would patch in a mini FM transmitter on road games so the AK fans could listen to the feed even sitting in enemy territory. How simple would it be for WTKA to do the same thing?
              He is as cool as a bomb disposal technician!

Comment

For awhile I was trying to make a point about how noisy it is and requesting earplugs from customer service. Which, if anyone needs/wants them, you can get a pair free of charge from customer service (next to skate counter)

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Just got our tickets for the Ice Breaker Tournament in Duluth. Anyone else making the trek? Should be quite a test for our guys to play a Frozen Four team in their home rink early in the season. Should be fun!
                  The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                    Just got our tickets for the Ice Breaker Tournament in Duluth. Anyone else making the trek? Should be quite a test for our guys to play a Frozen Four team in their home rink early in the season. Should be fun!
                    I'll be there! The trek is all of ten minutes from my front door. I've dreamed of this since moving here in 2009.

Amsoil arena is a nice place. Not charming or anything, but an excellent modern college hockey arena. The fanbase isn't anything particularly radical, and the place will be mostly empty for Michigan's Saturday game, which will be in the early slot.

One option for attending is to park in the Canal Park area and eat at any number of restaurants that are in that neighborhood before walking to Amsoil Arena for the game. It is October, so it won't be bitterly cold, and the walk by the harbor is pleasant. Alternatively, there is parking at Amsoil for decent prices, or even cheaper parking across the highway connected by an indoor skywalk.

There are also some good eating establishments in the Lincoln Park area, including OMC smokehouse and the Duluth Grill, whose Korean BBQ Brussel Sprouts are life changing.

Some Michigan Hockey fans might want to take the trek up to Eveleth. There's the US hockey hall of fame, the hippodrome (I haven't been in the hippodrome in some time, not sure if it's still open to the public) and the giant hockey stick and puck plaza. Also in the plaza: A large series of hockey history murals that includes a picture of the Eveleth Boys in their Michigan uniforms.

Looks like I've got a good line on tickets for my whole family for both games. This is a really big deal for us. And by us I mean me, with my wife and kids stuck hearing me talk about it for the next month.
                    Jesus Saves

Comment

After 30 seasons it looks like this is going to be my last with season tix.
                      This electronic ticketing is the proverbial last straw. It is a real pain in the *** downloading a full season of tickets for multiple seats. You download one seat for one game than have to go back what seems like 5 screens to do the next one. It took me more than a half hour to download all mine. The question I have is how do I manage bringing someone to a game with me? Do they have to have the ticket for their seat on their phone or can I have both on my phone as long as they are with me when we enter? If it is the former that is a little ridiculous for someone to need to install the app on their phone for one game. Then that complicates the possibility of meeting at the game.

There is a L-O-T of room for improvement.
                      Row 1
                      Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post

I'll be there! The trek is all of ten minutes from my front door. I've dreamed of this since moving here in 2009.

Amsoil arena is a nice place. Not charming or anything, but an excellent modern college hockey arena. The fanbase isn't anything particularly radical, and the place will be mostly empty for Michigan's Saturday game, which will be in the early slot.

One option for attending is to park in the Canal Park area and eat at any number of restaurants that are in that neighborhood before walking to Amsoil Arena for the game. It is October, so it won't be bitterly cold, and the walk by the harbor is pleasant. Alternatively, there is parking at Amsoil for decent prices, or even cheaper parking across the highway connected by an indoor skywalk.

There are also some good eating establishments in the Lincoln Park area, including OMC smokehouse and the Duluth Grill, whose Korean BBQ Brussel Sprouts are life changing.

Some Michigan Hockey fans might want to take the trek up to Eveleth. There's the US hockey hall of fame, the hippodrome (I haven't been in the hippodrome in some time, not sure if it's still open to the public) and the giant hockey stick and puck plaza. Also in the plaza: A large series of hockey history murals that includes a picture of the Eveleth Boys in their Michigan uniforms.

Looks like I've got a good line on tickets for my whole family for both games. This is a really big deal for us. And by us I mean me, with my wife and kids stuck hearing me talk about it for the next month.
                        Thanks for all of the good info! We are at a hotel in Canal Park and it is good to hear the arena is walk-able from there. How far away is Eveleth? We were thinking of going to the Hall of Fame since our friend Wally Grant is enshrined there. Plus all the other stuff would be great to see. We were in Duluth for a couple of days when we did the Lake Superior Circle Tour a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to our return and watching a pair of Michigan Hockey victories!
                        The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post

Thanks for all of the good info! We are at a hotel in Canal Park and it is good to hear the arena is walk-able from there. How far away is Eveleth? We were thinking of going to the Hall of Fame since our friend Wally Grant is enshrined there. Plus all the other stuff would be great to see. We were in Duluth for a couple of days when we did the Lake Superior Circle Tour a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to our return and watching a pair of Michigan Hockey victories!
                          Eveleth is about an hour north of Duluth perhaps 70 minutes from where you'll be staying. I've gone specifically to take in the hockey stuff on occasion, in particular a couple of mentions/murals of the Eveleth Boys.

I've never had need to stay in the Canal Park hotels, but I understand that they're nice, and the location is great, even with the chillier autumn weather. The lakewalk is a gem on the lakefront and you can walk for some miles if you're so inclined. There are lots of food options right there and more nearby; one will be across the street from you in the Dewitt-Seitz Building, a small place called "Northern Waters Smokehaus" that appeared on a Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives episode with a guest appearance by an offensive lineman that played for the Minnesota Vikings at the time named Steve Hutchinson.
                          Jesus Saves

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                            After 30 seasons it looks like this is going to be my last with season tix.
                            This electronic ticketing is the proverbial last straw. It is a real pain in the *** downloading a full season of tickets for multiple seats. You download one seat for one game than have to go back what seems like 5 screens to do the next one. It took me more than a half hour to download all mine. The question I have is how do I manage bringing someone to a game with me? Do they have to have the ticket for their seat on their phone or can I have both on my phone as long as they are with me when we enter? If it is the former that is a little ridiculous for someone to need to install the app on their phone for one game. Then that complicates the possibility of meeting at the game.

There is a L-O-T of room for improvement.
                            Get the app. As soon as I go to "manage tickets"- I get access to both of our tickets, and I can put them in my "wallet". There's also the option of selling or transferring the tickets as well.

Comment

I wanted to go to Duluth. It's one of the rinks I haven't been to yet. But life has gotten stupid busy and I still couldn't find where to get tickets.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                From what I've read, LCA had scheduling conflicts.....a bunch of performances they want to host and haven't been able to during the pandemic.

I wish organizers had tried for Van Andel....I don't see anything on their website/schedule between 12/22 - 12/30
                                LCA cost about $850 million. If you recall, the last GLI there didn't get scheduled until pretty late, and will continue to be a very low if not zero priority (revenue) event. Those of us from the great white north are pessimistic that it will continue at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X