THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    From what I've read, LCA had scheduling conflicts.....a bunch of performances they want to host and haven't been able to during the pandemic.

I wish organizers had tried for Van Andel....I don't see anything on their website/schedule between 12/22 - 12/30
    Close to wastern but that's it. For Tech it makes no difference but considering the GLI had attendance issues anyway (well actually not that bad) it's better to stay in more populated areas. I actually foresee a minor attendance issue at Munn this year anyway.

When I first heard about the GLI being on campus this year I assumed immediately that it was due to scheduling issues. I'm not crying, it is what it is with what we had to endure last year. No it isn't a traditional GLI but it's better than nothing.

Does anyone know where the league tournament will be held next year?

Comment

I might be wrong but.... wasn't the Big10 Championship for hockey being played 'on campus' sites rather then a half empty arena.
      He is as cool as a bomb disposal technician!

Comment

Originally posted by sqeyes View Post
        I might be wrong but.... wasn't the Big10 Championship for hockey being played 'on campus' sites rather then a half empty arena.
        Yes, last year it was campus sites but I attribute to Rona.
        As I recall years prior to that the first round was campus sites but the semifinals and finals were at JLA.
        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
        Row 1
        Seats 6 & 7
        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post

Yes, last year it was campus sites but I attribute to Rona.
          As I recall years prior to that the first round was campus sites but the semifinals and finals were at JLA.
          I'm pretty sure the move to campus sites were not due to 'rona.. I recall not being happy when they made that announcement- at the B1G has been INCREDIBLY lazy promoting the championship. Made me really mad about that.

Comment

Minor scheduling note: Michigan's October visit to the Ice Breaker will feature a 7:37 CDT face-off on Friday the 15th against UMD. According to UMD's website, UMD will get the late game Saturday regardless of the results of Friday's game, so Michigan will the early game Saturday, which I will guess will be 3 pm.

It's a major scheduling note for me, of course. The first time a team of mine has come to the place I live since I moved here in '09. Yes, I see them in Minneapolis (or Madison, etc) from time to time, but this is home, less than 10 minutes from my house. It's going to be great.

Would be even greater if we could get a couple of these first-rounders on campus again. I'm more optimistic than I should be, since they've all spoken positively about it, but I'm not exactly bursting with confidence; I've been a fan of this program for a long time.
            Jesus Saves

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
              tourney.

I'm pretty sure the move to campus sites were not due to 'rona.. I recall not being happy when they made that announcement- at the B1G has been INCREDIBLY lazy promoting the championship. Made me really mad about that.
              Yeah, I stand corrected.
              I checked the B1G website archives. They moved to campus sites for the 2018 tourney.
              Last edited by JoeZ; 08-07-2021, 03:00 PM.
              Row 1
              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

The non-conference part of the season schedule is now posted on the MGoBlue website.
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

New Assistant Coach is Brandon Naurato. Welcome back!

https://mgoblue.com/news/2021/8/16/m...ant-coach.aspx
                  The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Did anyone utilize the season ticket upgrade? I don't have many priority points....so by my time (almost 2 pm Thursday) I didn't see any options I liked better than my current seats. Granted, I like my current seats. I would have tried to move to an aisle in my section, or 1 over if available...but the only ones available would have had me moving back 7+ rows. So, in section 13 I shall stay.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                      Did anyone utilize the season ticket upgrade? I don't have many priority points....so by my time (almost 2 pm Thursday) I didn't see any options I liked better than my current seats. Granted, I like my current seats. I would have tried to move to an aisle in my section, or 1 over if available...but the only ones available would have had me moving back 7+ rows. So, in section 13 I shall stay.
                      We didn't. Like our seats more than enough to just stay there.

Comment

ESPN just reported that Owen Power is coming back to Michigan this fall. Great news!

Comment

THE University of Michigan Athletics website is announcing that ALL FOUR of the top five picks in the NHL draft WILL be skating for the Maize 'n' Blue this season.
                          It should be a GREAT year!

https://mgoblue.com/news/2021/8/20/ice-hockey-michigans-top-nhl-draft-picks-returning-for-2021-22-season.asp

Row 1
                          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                            THE University of Michigan Athletics website is announcing that ALL FOUR of the top five picks in the NHL draft WILL be skating for the Maize 'n' Blue this season.
                            It should be a GREAT year!

https://mgoblue.com/news/2021/8/20/ice-hockey-michigans-top-nhl-draft-picks-returning-for-2021-22-season.asp
                            No pressure.

Comment

BU fans would like to tell you a thing or two about that.....

Comment

So since those 3, in particular, are coming back, does that mean the 3 other players, who were expecting to come to campus this year to fill those spots, are not going to come or is the roster just going to expand? I've noticed a number of schools expanding the roster, but you can only get so big.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X