Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    I wonder what changed the AD from earlier this week siding with Pearson to now siding with the president and Regents.

My guess: A friendly reminder of who employs whom.

But will it be enough for the AD to stay on.

Leave a comment:

• altazo
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

You're not wrong, but just the same I hear phones ringing already.
    You mean the phone of the Michigan athletic department receiving calls of more complaints and details?

Certainly not other NCAA programs calling Mel. His next coaching gig will be in the KHL (if he’s lucky.)

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    So, was Brian Wiseman backing out of Islanders gig last week significant?
    Things that make ya say ... "Hmmmm .... "

Leave a comment:

• NCAA watcher
    replied
    So, was Brian Wiseman backing out of Islanders gig last week significant?

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I think Michigan will be ok. Their program is bigger than 64 year old Mel Pearson.
    You're not wrong, but just the same I hear phones ringing already.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Hey Michigan fans, if you haven't figured it out yet ... poaching season on Michigan recruits just opened.
    I think Michigan will be ok. Their program is bigger than 64 year old Mel Pearson.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Hey Michigan fans, if you haven't figured it out yet ... poaching season on Michigan recruits just opened.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Bacon has tweeted Pearson is cooked.

https://twitter.com/Johnubacon/statu...T-ccvWEfILZruw

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
    I'm not sure they were waiting for the results. They've had them for 3 months now. Seems like they were more waiting to see if they could make the report would go away before becoming public.
    Possibly although I'm not sure how they could think the report wouldn't get out. They do have a new President coming in, no? Were they trying to drag it out until then? I thought they might be delaying to make sure the incoming class makes it to Ann Arbor even if they can Pearson right before the season and have one of the assistants take over. Who knows.

Leave a comment:

• devildog
    replied
    Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

My implication is that some men that have been in the work force since the 70s and 80s have not adjusted to having women in the work force. I think it is less of an issue with the younger generations who have always worked beside women. And yes, I realize that I am generalizing a group, and being ageist, but these are the opinions I have formed based on the interactions I have had (as a female in engineering and manufacturing I encounter too much good 'ol boys club)
    Sorry, I object to this comment. I have been in the work force since the 70's, and to assume I do not abide by current standards because of my age is a close sighted as any violator of Title 9, which currently includes (updated in 2020) sexual harassment, stalking, and hostile working environment,(to name a few) which goes beyond the original intent of Title 9, established in 1972.
    The vast majority of us old folks never supported or engaged in this behavior, and I find it offensive that you would assume I (we) would because of my (our) gray hair.
    As for the younger generation having a clue, have you watched the news lately?

Leave a comment:

• pdt1081
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post

And I will reiterate, Michigan has wanted to keep Mel Pearson this entire time. They were simply waiting for the results to determine if that would be possible. They did not want this. It's not like they were hoping to be able to fire a terrible coach for cause to get out of a big money contract. Pearson is a good coach with no contract at all.
    I'm not sure they were waiting for the results. They've had them for 3 months now. Seems like they were more waiting to see if they could make the report would go away before becoming public.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

You're honestly supposing that big-time DC law firm WilmerHale would return a biased or inaccurate report to Michigan. If that's what you're going with ...
    And I will reiterate, Michigan has wanted to keep Mel Pearson this entire time. They were simply waiting for the results to determine if that would be possible. They did not want this. It's not like they were hoping to be able to fire a terrible coach for cause to get out of a big money contract. Pearson is a good coach with no contract at all.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    You know I'm amazed that all of you are judging Mel in the court of public opinion simply based on what you've read. That's why trials sometimes have to be moved to a different venue because the potential jurors could be biased by the media.
    I'm not saying these things didn't happen but does anyone here on forum have any firsthand knowledge of these accusations? There is a possibility the report is inaccurate.
    You're honestly supposing that big-time DC law firm WilmerHale would return a biased or inaccurate report to Michigan. If that's what you're going with ...

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    You know I'm amazed that all of you are judging Mel in the court of public opinion simply based on what you've read. That's why trials sometimes have to be moved to a different venue because the potential jurors could be biased by the media.
    I'm not saying these things didn't happen but does anyone here on forum have any firsthand knowledge of these accusations? There is a possibility the report is inaccurate.
    What are we supposed to base it on? It's not like people are referencing an anonymous Twitter account making allegations. This was an excruciatingly long investigation. So what now is the University of Michigan supposed to wait for? There is a recording that proves Pearson has been lying. Are they supposed to wait for Mel Pearson to hire his own firm to do their investigation? Why would USCHO posters be expected to have any insight on the allegations?

Leave a comment:

• pdt1081
    replied
    The guy flat out lied to the investigators. Right up until they provided recorded evidence to him. Any "benefit of the doubt" given after that is pure foolishness.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X