THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I think Michigan will be ok. Their program is bigger than 64 year old Mel Pearson.
    You're not wrong, but just the same I hear phones ringing already.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• So, was Brian Wiseman backing out of Islanders gig last week significant?
      The Umile legacy:
      14-15 8th place,
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
        So, was Brian Wiseman backing out of Islanders gig last week significant?
        Things that make ya say ... "Hmmmm .... "
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

You're not wrong, but just the same I hear phones ringing already.
          You mean the phone of the Michigan athletic department receiving calls of more complaints and details?

Certainly not other NCAA programs calling Mel. His next coaching gig will be in the KHL (if he’s lucky.)

Comment

• I wonder what changed the AD from earlier this week siding with Pearson to now siding with the president and Regents.

My guess: A friendly reminder of who employs whom.

But will it be enough for the AD to stay on.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post

You mean the phone of the Michigan athletic department receiving calls of more complaints and details?

Certainly not other NCAA programs calling Mel. His next coaching gig will be in the KHL (if he’s lucky.)
              No, I mean recruits who haven't signed NLIs yet.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Gotcha. Agreed.

Comment

But that also requires to top programs having immediate scholarship $ available in August

Comment

Not sure on this one. Only because why would he back out if Michigan still wasn't sure on Pearson's fate? Who would be calling him to say hey we need you to take over? Certainly not Warde Manuel. Unless we think Warde really wasn't in Pearson's corner and just wanted Pearson to think he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

But that also requires to top programs having immediate scholarship $ available in August
                      The 2022 incomings wouldn't be the target (as they'd have signed NLIs and are probably already on campus).

Now the 2023s and 2024s ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The 2022 incomings wouldn't be the target (as they'd have signed NLIs and are probably already on campus).

Now the 2023s and 2024s ...
                        Will depend on the HC hire. I was expecting some recruit turnover when Jerry York retired but so far BC hasn't lost any big recruits.

Comment

Somebody is trying to do a number on Wiseman.

https://nyihockeynow.com/new-york-is...hicago-wolves/

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

My implication is that some men that have been in the work force since the 70s and 80s have not adjusted to having women in the work force. I think it is less of an issue with the younger generations who have always worked beside women. And yes, I realize that I am generalizing a group, and being ageist, but these are the opinions I have formed based on the interactions I have had (as a female in engineering and manufacturing I encounter too much good 'ol boys club)
                            I have to agree with Devildog. You have painted an entire generation with a very broad stereotypical brush. There is no doubt that "some men" don't treat women with respect but to suggest that anyone of a certain age should retire because of your personal experiences is way over the top. You are indeed being ageist.
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post

I have to agree with Devildog. You have painted an entire generation with a very broad stereotypical brush. There is no doubt that "some men" don't treat women with respect but to suggest that anyone of a certain age should retire because of your personal experiences is way over the top. You are indeed being ageist.
                              Just retired as a financial journalist in NY and we older folks have always had to push back against the dinosaur stereotype. But to quote an online commenter: “I’d say that more than any cohort in U.S. history, those over age 50 have had to be more adaptive than any generation before or since, because the bulk of innovation has occurred in our lifetimes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post

You quoted wT referring to "some men" in your reply. How is that generalizing an entire generation?

Comment

Working...
                                X