Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE University of MICHIGAN 2021-22

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

    Have you tried the renew link to see if it's still active? I'm certain they won't be selling out of tickets, so if you want your old seats you could probably call the ticket office and see what can be done.

    I'm wondering what the crowd will be like this season, and curious as to how many season ticket holders near me are either not renewing or will be using the 'upgrade period' to change seats. I like my people in section 13 and I hope to see some of them this Fall.
    side question- do you have my contact info? and do you have scarlet's as well? She is in the market for something I might help with..... maybe.

    Comment


    • #17
      Matt Porter in his Boston Sunday Hockey column in the Boston Globe has the high draft picks who play for the Maize and Blue all coming back. If so, man, will you be loaded.

      I realize you might run into a firewall, but here's the article. https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/07/...here-he-plays/
      It Happened!!!!

      Comment


      • #18
        With Power, Beniers, Hughes, Johnson, Samoskevich and Duke all projected to be drafted in the 1st round of the NHL Draft next week, wouldn't it be nice if the Michigan Hockey Dept set up a Draft Watch Party at Yost so fans could watch this history making event together?
        The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by umichjim View Post
          With Power, Beniers, Hughes, Johnson, Samoskevich and Duke all projected to be drafted in the 1st round of the NHL Draft next week, wouldn't it be nice if the Michigan Hockey Dept set up a Draft Watch Party at Yost so fans could watch this history making event together?
          that would be nice... BTW, is Luke Hughes really coming? He's projected to pretty high, too.

          Comment


          • #20
            Man, 3 out of the first 4 should be on our team this coming season. No pressure.

            edit- holy cow- now 4 of the top 5.
            Last edited by MichVandal; 07-23-2021, 07:49 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
              Man, 3 out of the first 4 should be on our team this coming season. No pressure.

              edit- holy cow- now 4 of the top 5.
              Unreal! I mean … seriously, it’s stunning. #SuperTeam
              It Happened!!!!

              Comment


              • #22
                Anything less than a perfect season and it's a letdown.


                edit: winky emoji didn't render
                Last edited by NCAA watcher; 07-24-2021, 08:37 AM.
                The Umile legacy:
                14-15 8th place,
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                  Anything less than a perfect season and it's a letdown.
                  Given the previous "loaded" years, I can't say that I think we will make it to Boston. Maybe. The past couple of FF teams from Michigan were far from loaded with first round draft picks.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

                    Given the previous "loaded" years, I can't say that I think we will make it to Boston.
                    Recall the 1996/97 team. Lost 3 games all season. Going into the postseason everyone was giving us the National Champions trophy with everyone else playing for 2nd place. Boston U. had something different to say about that.
                    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                    Row 1
                    Seats 6 & 7
                    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass


                    9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by JoeZ View Post

                      Recall the 1996/97 team. Lost 3 games all season. Going into the postseason everyone was giving us the National Champions trophy with everyone else playing for 2nd place. Boston U. had something different to say about that.
                      I remember more the Jack Johnson years, where they never made it to the FF, and then the year after he was gone, they did.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

                        I remember more the Jack Johnson years, where they never made it to the FF, and then the year after he was gone, they did.
                        Yeah. 4 of the top 5 picks is crazy. I hope they can gel as a team and don't have an ego problem. Perhaps with that many projected super stars they can push each other and also keep each other in line.


                        Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

                        side question- do you have my contact info? and do you have scarlet's as well? She is in the market for something I might help with..... maybe.
                        I have neither of your contact info.


                        Now, can we talk about how the GLI will not be the GLI this year? For those remembering the CCHA days...it's college hockey showcase format with Tech and Western playing at Yost and Munn.

                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



                        Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post


                          I have neither of your contact info.
                          I'll have to fix that at the beginning of the season. Assuming that you can contact other board members....


                          Now, can we talk about how the GLI will not be the GLI this year? For those remembering the CCHA days...it's college hockey showcase format with Tech and Western playing at Yost and Munn.
                          What??? Did the long standing agreement with Olympia Entertainment fall through? They have supported the GLI for decades.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                            What??? Did the long standing agreement with Olympia Entertainment fall through? They have supported the GLI for decades.
                            From what I've read, LCA had scheduling conflicts.....a bunch of performances they want to host and haven't been able to during the pandemic.

                            I wish organizers had tried for Van Andel....I don't see anything on their website/schedule between 12/22 - 12/30
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



                            Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              From what I've read, LCA had scheduling conflicts.....a bunch of performances they want to host and haven't been able to during the pandemic.

                              I wish organizers had tried for Van Andel....I don't see anything on their website/schedule between 12/22 - 12/30
                              Who knows, by then we may need more social distancing. Perfect for the GLI. LOL.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by JoeZ View Post

                                Recall the 1996/97 team. Lost 3 games all season. Going into the postseason everyone was giving us the National Champions trophy with everyone else playing for 2nd place. Boston U. had something different to say about that.
                                Thank you for warming my day with this wonderful memory. *smile*
                                It Happened!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X